Perversity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lurking through several sites for information on black and white, and made a stop at serebii to check on their progress with the pokedex. I immediately check the starters' final evo's, starting with Jaroda. I saw its dream world ability, perversity, and found it very interesting. Although, the thing that intrigued me the most was it being paired with his moveset. Perversity reverses any stat changes, and I noticed Jaroda's final Level-Up move was leaf storm. So that brings me to this question: Do you think that this ability can potentially change the metagame? A move as strong as leaf storm, then getting a boost due to it's dream world ability? Also, do you think this may have a field effect, much like no guard? I found all of these things intriguing, and wanted to see what you all had to say. If this was unknown to this time, and I could have kept this to myself for an element of surprise, I will feel foolish... But never the less, please post your thoughts on this ability!

140 BP with a built-in Nasty Plot is disgusting.

I'm glad this doesn't come on any pokemon that can really make use of it. Even so, Jaroda is inherently fast and if he manages to force a switch and use Leaf Storm he can potentially do a lot of damage.

Part of me feels like this must not be exactly right...

This is a cool find. Even if you didn't post about this, people will eventually figure this out anyway.

Hopefully this ability just applies to your opponent trying to change your stats (intimidate, any of the special attacks that lower SpD, etc.) otherwise you better have an Herbivore around to sponge that ridiculous Leaf Storm.

Actually this is already being/has been discussed on the Jaroda thread. If you want to make a thread on an abiltiy, you should at least list its possibilities with more than one pokemon.

Well I think it might be pretty intense, but they have also added in the Herbivore ability as well which would completely stop this guy from setting up. However regardless this will be pretty intense to stop, just bring him in on a water poke or something of the sort hit leaf storm and spam away

This scares me quite a bit and I'm hoping that this doesn't happen, but it might be his niche.

Actually this is already being/has been discussed on the Jaroda thread. If you want to make a thread on an abiltiy, you should at least list its possibilities with more than one pokemon.
I thought about this, but then going through the other pokemon that get it, it seemed pointless. The only two other pokemon I can name off the top of my head are spinda and shuckle, and spinda stinks, while as far as I know, shuckle get's no moves on it that lower it's stats that are worth using. I will consider this on any other posts, but I felt it unneccisary on this one.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My feelings are it will only be for other people changing your stats. Clear body only says prevents stat changes, but we all know it doesn't pegrmt you from decreasing your stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)