Pet Mods General thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major Blunt Trauma Update

Hi. Updates are fun. Now let us do things.
First of all, name change. Blunt Trauma is now Sylveria. Sylveria is Generation 7. Due to this, Sylveria is a region, and needs an amount of new Pokemon similar to other regions (I'm going with 90). However, this also means it will be insanely hard to code. Now, I need suggestions. More of a poll.

#1: Go to my profile page and post "GEN6" for ~10 new Pokemon.
#2: Go to my profile page and post "GEN7" for ~90 new Pokemon.

#1 means it will hopefully be playable at some time in the future.
#2 means it will most likely never be playable.

Also, I need suggestions for some Stallmons, some names for the new Pokemon, and some little ideas.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Major Blunt Trauma Update

Hi. Updates are fun. Now let us do things.
First of all, name change. Blunt Trauma is now Sylveria. Sylveria is Generation 7. Due to this, Sylveria is a region, and needs an amount of new Pokemon similar to other regions (I'm going with 90). However, this also means it will be insanely hard to code. Now, I need suggestions. More of a poll.

#1: Go to my profile page and post "GEN6" for ~10 new Pokemon.
#2: Go to my profile page and post "GEN7" for ~90 new Pokemon.

#1 means it will hopefully be playable at some time in the future.
#2 means it will most likely never be playable.

Also, I need suggestions for some Stallmons, some names for the new Pokemon, and some little ideas.
I think a Strawpoll would work better for voting than going to your profile and voting Gen 6 or Gen 7 to be honest. Something like this

EDIT: Changed strawpoll.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
90 won't be that hard to code, it will just take a looong time due to the fact that you have to think up of stats, moves etc for the new mons. So more like, it will be hard to think of new stuff. I once coded type swap which was editing all 649 pokemon's movesets and types, which isn't the same as editing everything, but with that amount that has gotta mean something right.

I don't mind it taking a really long time. I'm really interested in seeing these new "gen 7" mons and will probably post ideas and play other other metagames and pet mods until the time comes. If there's more demand for it to come sooner we could possibly go for a compromise of 50-70 Pokemon instead if mlgstorm would want to do that.

I don't mind it taking a really long time. I'm really interested in seeing these new "gen 7" mons and will probably post ideas and play other other metagames and pet mods until the time comes. If there's more demand for it to come sooner we could possibly go for a compromise of 50-70 Pokemon instead if mlgstorm would want to do that.
Since Spartan's post, I've been on the ~90 days boat, because I have a very imaginative gaming-brain.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I don't get why Pikachu isn't fairy in Brokemons. It even gets pixillate... Is it because STAB + Light Ball boost + Pixillate boost is just too broken?

I don't get why Pikachu isn't fairy in Brokemons. It even gets pixillate... Is it because STAB + Light Ball boost + Pixillate boost is just too broken?
Yes. It is also to further individualize it from Raichu. Pixilate is mainly just for more coverage if it wants it and stronger priority with Extremespeed and Quick Attack. We could give it the new ability Amplifate, but it's Electric movepool is so vast that it wouldn't need it.

Last edited:
Brokemons
Stunfisk
Electric/Water
Atk 60 Spatk 130 Def 110 Spdef 110 HP 130 Speed 60(Total:600)
Abilities:Thick Fat/Multiscale/Gooey(HA)
Movepool:+Electro Ball, +Nuzzle, +Hydro Pump, +Tail Slap, +Final Gambit, +Iron Tail, +Smack Down, +Earth Power, +Ice Shard, +Sheer Cold, +Endeavor
Stunfisk. Stunfisk. STUNFISK.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Brokemons
Stunfisk
Electric/Water
Atk 60 Spatk 130 Def 110 Spdef 110 HP 130 Speed 60(Total:600)
Abilities:Thick Fat/Multiscale/Gooey(HA)
Movepool:+Electro Ball, +Nuzzle, +Hydro Pump, +Tail Slap, +Final Gambit, +Iron Tail, +Smack Down, +Earth Power, +Ice Shard, +Sheer Cold, +Endeavor
Stunfisk. Stunfisk. STUNFISK.
*Stinkfish

Brokemons

Golurk
Steel/Fighting(Yay! a whole typing revise!)
Atk 150 Spatk 50 Def 100 Spdef 100 Speed 50 HP 150(Total:600)
Abilities:Iron Fist/Huge Power/Heavy Metal(HA)
Movepool:+Arm Thrust, +Meteor Mash, +Mega Punch, +Retaliate, +Revenge, +Bulk Up, +Wake-up Slap, +Bullet Punch, +Explosion, +Phantom Force
Moves:
V- Create: 150 BP, 80 Acc, Spatk, Atk, Def and Spdef are sharply lowered
Head Smash: 95 Acc, 12 PP, 10 percent chance to flinch
Fly: 120 BP, 50 Acc, 100 percent Confusion
Custom anything:
Dragonpike(Dragon) 25 BP, 95 Acc, 32 PP, Hits two to 5 times
Icy Grip(Ice) 60 BP, 100 Acc, 8 PP, Enemy Pokemon cannot switch out
Golden Wing(Steel) 100 BP, 95 Acc, User's Defense and Special Defense rise by 1
Flame Scour(Fire) 8 PP, 30 Acc, OHKO move

SpartanMalice

150 attack with Huge Power, really? and on top of 150/100/100 defenses and Lucario's typing ... :|

Even for Brokemons, that sounds way too broken.

Yeah, that's too much. A Steel/Ghost typing sounds good to me especially since the Honedge line is the only line to have it. Huge Power is a definite no, but Heavy Metal will be considered (probably won't make it though because of other abilities like No Guard and Levitate). The movepool changes to Golurk look nice and the custom moves look interesting. V-Create and Head Smash should stay the way they are IMO, but Head Smash still looks like a nice change and a strong and accurate physical Rock move. Pretty much makes Stone Edge and Rock Slide obsolete though, which is the main reason why I don't think the change will be good. I'm glad that you proposed that Fly should be changed in the first place, but I don't think this is the way to go about it.

Head Smash has limited distribution though, and Golurk isn't getting Stab off it, so it wouldn't make it obsolete.

SpartanMalice

Legally, there are three rock types: Tyrantrum, Rampardos and Archeops who can utilize Head Smash normally.. but I'm pretty sure that in Brokemons a lot more mons might be getting it (the pad isn't working now so not sure). And with that being said, those aforementioned mons are sure to be buffed in Brokemons... and a Choice Band Head Smash set sounds scary on any of them.

Head Smash has limited distribution though, and Golurk isn't getting Stab off it, so it wouldn't make it obsolete.
I don't think he was talking about Golurk getting Head Smash, just the change to the move itself. It is definitely true that Head Smash has limited distribution: very good point. The only Pokemon it would be hurting I guess is Rock Head Aggron. Something about changing Head Smash just doesn't seem right though...IDK

SpartanMalice

Technically he just added an effect... he never specified that the recoil was gone, right? Like, Flare Blitz with recoil and a burn chance.

I think keeping the recoil is the best way to make it less broken.

What about this?
Rock Head: 120 BP, 100 Acc, recoil 1/3 of inflicted damage, 10% chance to flinch
This basically makes it a Rock-type Flare Blitz will a chance to flinch instead of a chance to burn. I never liked the 1/2 recoil on Rock Head anyway. I think this an improvement from the original Rock Head and a balanced change for the metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)