Petal Blizzard + Sap Sipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
With the introduction of the new BP90 Grass Type Petal Blizzard there is an opportunity to get free attack boosts while simultaneously doing decent damage in double battles....
I find mega venasuar to be one of the best users of this combination. Especially with a swords dance boost. Good sap sippers to use in this situation are Miltank, Goodra, Sawsbuck, Etc...
While this strategy is much gimmick it can catch people off guard and win you a sweep before the opponent realizes what is going on. I have not seen much use of this strategy so I thought I would share this.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is basically just like Surf + Storm Drain and Discharge spam in that it's honestly a lot stronger on paper than it is in practice. You can't rely on having the two Pokemon you need on the field at the same time, and you're at a huge risk of getting blocked by Fake Out, Wide Guard, etc.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
This is basically just like Surf + Storm Drain and Discharge spam in that it's honestly a lot stronger on paper than it is in practice. You can't rely on having the two Pokemon you need on the field at the same time, and you're at a huge risk of getting blocked by Fake Out, Wide Guard, etc.
That is very true. It is a risky gimmick, that only pays off in certain situations. Just thought I would try to bring it to peoples attention, so they can look out for it.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It really isn't something that can catch you off guard. The Pokemon that have Sap Sipper usually aren't that viable in any other context so when you see a team full of Sap Sipper mons + Grass types you'll be able to see it from a mile away. And then as Arcticblast said you're super vulnerable once you do. Lockin this thread now

pwne edit: u forgot to mention that grass is resisted by seven types which is p sad lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)