Phoenix Storm (Balanced offensive Ubers)

I have been playing with this team for a while, and I think I have it down. I feel like it's missing something though. Like it's too offensive. I would really like some help putting this team in a general direction. I know the metagame to a fair extent. I feel like this team, at the moment, is split three-way between weatherless, sun, and rain.​

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Tail​

Groudon is my best check to Extremekiller, taking about 40% from +2 ExtremeSpeed, and phaze him with Dragon Tail. I chose Stone Edge over Fire Punch because I already had Ferro and Scizor covered by Ho-Oh and Kyogre. Groudon serves as my defensive backbone with Chansey and Ho-Oh, Ho-Oh taking the Grass and Ice hits barring Black Kyurem's Freeze Shock for Groudon. Groudon's main purpose is as a physical wall for the team.​

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Substitute​

With the release of DW Ho-Oh, Ho-Oh just became more epic than he already was. Ho-Oh is my only way of dealing with Giratina-O other than possibly Dialga. Ho-Oh was originally put in to abuse the Sun as well as be a general physical tank, but he has become more to the team, as he has the bulk to take and laugh at Draco Meteors, something that can only be else done by Chansey on this team, as well as being an incredible offensive force in sun.​

Dialga (?) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse​

I am really not sure if Dialga really fits on this team. This team desperately needs a physical Dragon, such as Garchomp, Zekrom, or Rayquaza. I have also, in many situations, just found Dialga to be a second Deoxys-A. The only thing Dialga seems to have that keeps him on the team is typing and power.​

Deoxys-A @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psycho Boost
- Grass Knot
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed​

This thing, once it dies, has usually taken down one, or even two, valuable pokemon to the opponent's team. Against weather teams, they lose their Hippowdon, Abomasnow, non-Chople Tyranitar, Groudon, or Kyogre (anti-weather may lose Rayquaza). What I will usually do is kill them with Psycho Boost, or in the case of Dialga, Superpower. If they have low HP, ExtremeSpeed them. If they have low HP and lack priority, I'll use Psycho Boost again or Superpower. Grass Knot is almost exclusively for Kyogre and Groudon.​

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder​

Say hello to the strongest attacker in the game. Even Ferrothorn is 2HKOed with ease. And by carrying double weather, I can screw up rain and sun alike. Water Spout is a crushingly powerful attack, 2HKOing almost the entire metagame. Surf is for when my HP gets low and it still deals ridiculous damage. Ice Beam is for Rayquaza, whom weakens Water Spout with Air Lock. Thunder is because it gets perfect accuracy in Rain, and lets me touch Jellicent.​

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Toxic​

The cleric of the team. SpD EVs were chosen over Def EVs because most physical attackers in Ubers will 2HKO or even OHKO Chansey anyway with them, and SpD EVs makes her special bulk nearly unbreakable. Heal Bell allows me to clear crippling status, such as a paralysis on Deoxys-A or a burn/poison on Groudon. Wish allows me to heal one member 352 HP, which for most of the team, is about 90%. Toxic allows me to cripple and wear down bulky pokemon such as non-Rest Giratina(-O), and Seismic Toss serves as gradual damage.​

Some changes I'm considering:​

Should I replace Dialga?​

I've never seen scarf dialga before... I'd recommend changing kyogre to a sub cm set, and then switching dialga for scarf chomp. From there, drop deoxys if you aren't gonna use him as a lead, and add in an arceus form, like arceus ghost, to switch in on any fighting attack aimed at chansey.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello vandslaux, this is a great team you have here, but I feel like it can be better.

First off, I think using an EV spread of 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Speed on Ho-Oh is great because it outpaces 32 Speed Dialga , Giratina-O, and Ho-Oh, allowing to Sub before they can react. The next thing that concerns me is that Chansey has no Defense EVs what so ever. As such, I'm suggesting an EV Spread of 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD. With that EV spread, you can better take Physical hits while still retaining the bulk to tank special attacks as well. Also, use Softboilded > Wish, as this will help keep Chansey alive to tank powerful Special Attacks over and over again. Last set change, is to change Deoxys-A's nature to Mild, as it gives Deoxys-A the potential to OHKO Rayquaza with Psycho Boost. I also like it if Deo-A becomes more like your dedicated lead, as it has the potential to disrupt your opponent with those powerful attacks. Also, if you ever feel like ExteemeSpeed wasn't cutting it for ya, Hidden Power Fire with 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe or Shadow Ball are good alternatives. HP Fire hits Ferro, Forry, and Skarmory harder than Superpower would, and the EV spread means you still outpace Mewtwo since you lose to other Deo-A anyways thanks to the 30 Speed IVs with HP Fire. Shadow Ball hits Mewtwo and Deoxys-S harder than ESpeed or Grass Knot does as well. From there, lets gets to the Pokemon changes. Choice Scarf Dialga is really only seed to check SD Arceus, but since that isn't that big of a problem, I suggest using Choice Scarf Palkia > Dialaga. With that change, you keep your revenge killer, a Kyorge switch in, and a faster revenge killer as well, since its nails Rayquaza after a Dragon Dance, Choice Scarf Kyruem-White, and other Choice Scarfers. Plus, it can use Fire Blast to abuse the sun. Speaking of sun, idk what Kyorge is doing on the team. Since your team needs a spinner for Ho-Oh, plus a way to get rid of Toxic Spikes, which are a problem to your team, and add a Dragon resist, I'm suggesting adding Forretress > Kyorge. With Forry, you can spin hazards, set up either Spikes or Toxic Spikes, have a check to Physical attackers and a Dragon resist, and with Volt Switch, a way to build momentum.

So, in summary:

Pros: Ho-Oh can worry less about faster Groundon with Stone Edge, sets up subs in front of slower Pokemon; Chansey tanks Physical attacks better, Softboiled helps when tanking Special Attackers; Deo-A loves power, HP Fire for Forry, Ferro, and Skarm, Shadow Ball for Mewtwo, Giratina, and Deo-S, use Deo-A more as your lead, as using it as a lead with Focus Sash is just good sense, as it will wreck alot of things before it dies, and you avoid having sash broken via hazards

Cons: Less Bulk for Ho-Oh, but nothing to noticeable, no Wish passing for Chansey, slightly less Special bulk, Deo-A loses to Naive Deo-A, Speed ties with other Deo-A

Pros: Kyorge switch in, faster, better revenge killer, getting past DD Quaza and Scarf Kyruem-White

Cons: Not as bulky as Dialga

Pros: Rapid Spin for Ho-Oh, Dragon resist, more hazards, Volt Switch for momentum

Cons: Losing Rain, which didn't do too much for the team anyways, losing a powerful attacker

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend / Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

Good Luck with the team!

I don't really know what direction you want to go with this team but heres a few suggestions you might consider. Lugia is a great wall and I recommend it over chansey. Many people see chansey as an opportunity for a physical sweeper to set up while lugia has whirlwind and can phase any threats. the sub toxic twave whirlwind set gives me problems but any irritating sub whirlwind set should do, you can add icebeam if you fear getting taunted or roost to stay around even longer. Also, I personally am not a fan of deoxys-a simply because its a one trick pony that you cant rely on consistently to come in and force switches and get KOs because of its frailty. If you want to go more offensive go with scarf palkia or extremekiller, or if you want to get more defensive i recommend stalltwo. Its a very underrated set for mewtwo, im not sure of the evs but its on smogon pokedex, taunt reflect/light screen wow and recover and it dominates physical sweepers so groudon can take on any hits and ho oh will have chance to set up a sub. only other suggestion is you might want to try aura sphere on dialga to take on opposing dialga, ttar, steels, darkrai, and arceus rock. Good luck hope this helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)