SM LC Pine n' Dine, a noobs attempt at a LC team.

Excuse the punny name. (I quite like it)

Pine n' Dine

upload_2017-7-6_20-8-0.png

Pineco @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Suicide Lead. Sets up Stealth Rocks and Spikes, gets rid of opponent's hazards with Rapid Spin, and KOs opponent with Explosion. Weak to Taunt.

upload_2017-7-6_20-8-39.png

Blitzle @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 196 Atk / 20 Def / 36 SpA / 20 SpD / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- Flame Charge
- Quick Attack

Electric type suicide sweeper. Counters Water, Flying, and fire weaknesses (with Flame Charge). Very effective sweeper with Volt Tackle, but usually doesn't make it through the battle with recoil and life orb. Can counter a Water or Flying type threat with Volt Switch and switch back to a wall or sweeper.

upload_2017-7-6_20-9-16.png

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Drain Punch

Counter to normal types with Vacuum Wave (which has priority, causing Croagunk to knock out opponents without taking much damage). Amazing counter to water types because of Dry Skin.

upload_2017-7-6_20-9-52.png

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Amazingly fast glass cannon sweeper. Speed Boost ensures that it won't be out-speeded. Main sweeper.

upload_2017-7-6_20-10-24.png

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 116 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psychic
- Amnesia

Physical wall with good spD and spA. Can use Psychic as a check for fighting types. Can always heal with slack off, making him a great staller. Can use Amnesia to bulk spD when safe (ie. against another wall).

upload_2017-7-6_20-10-47.png

Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 Def / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
- Sludge Bomb

Special wall. A counter to ghost types with Dark Pulse and Sucker Punch. A surprisingly good late game closer with Sucker Punch OHKOing stuff.

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, this is a really nice offense, but I think you need some more efficient breakers to pressure more the opponent and keep the hazards on the field. Slowpoke is a nice mon in LC but in a more offensive team there are many better options. Also not having a spinblocker and something to prevent taunt can be really annoying, especially because you have explosion on Pineco so if you lose your hazards you won't be able to set up them anymore.

I would start replacing Blitzle with Elekid; Blitzle isn't viable in LC since other Electric-types outclass him and Elekid is a really good replace especially for this team, since you need something to pressure typical hazards remover such as Staryu or Vullaby. Elekid's access to Volt Switch will also give you momentum so you can make your opponent switch more and rack up more recoil with the hazards.
Another important mon you need is a spinblocker, and also a ground resist since you have two Poison-types and one Electric-type. Pumpkaboo-Small over Slowpoke seems a cool change because Pump fits well these two roles. The set I suggest you is Z Trick-or-Treat, which can be a good mid-game breaker or a late-game cleaner :) Also pay attention to weaken Dark-types before trying to set up.

For Stunky I think that a moveset composed by Pursuit / Sucker Punch / Fire Blast / Taunt will make Stunky still a great Ghost/Psychic check and with Taunt you can prevent opposing mons to setup hazards in front of you, to recover or to setup in order to sweep you :) With this change I think a fast spread of 12 HP / 92 Atk / 108 SpA / 28 SpD / 244 Spe with an Hasty Nature will work better, especially for this type of team. On Croagunk I would run a Nasty Plot set, which can open holes for Carvanha's late game sweep. Talking of Carvanha, I think Psychic Fang over Aqua Jet is an optimal choice, you won't need Aqua Jet that much, and Psychic Fang is cool to hit Fighting-types and Foongus for a good damage.

That's all, I hope my suggestions will help you :)
Elekid @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 9 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Pumpkaboo-Small @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 HP / 36 Def / 164 SpA / 156 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick-or-Treat
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 12 HP / 92 Atk / 108 SpA / 28 SpD / 244 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Fire Blast

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)