Planning a double team, need some Advice: Shedinja, Soak and Sturdy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I have been brain storming a potentially evil doubles comcept involving Shedinja. It started a month ago when I saw a triple battle involving a shedinja getting sturdy. I thought it was cool, but knew there had to be a way to get it in a double battle, so I thought for awhile, and came up with this basic idea for the 3 pokemon needed.

Carbink With Sturdy and Skill Swap
Lopunny with Klutz, speed boosting nature, Switcheroo, Magic Coat, Entertainment, THunder Wave
And of course Shedinja with Safety Goggles.

The idea is lead with Carbink and Lopunny. Lopunny does either switcheroo, or if the foe is a entry hazard setting, use Magic Coat. Carbink uses Skill swap to give Lopunny Sturdy. Carbink is then switched out for Shedinja, and Lopunny uses Entertainment, changing Wonderguard for Sturdy. It then uses T-wave to paralize him and stop burns and poisons from happening. Now nothing can kill Shedinja except for COnfusion, Mold breaker type pokemon, roar/whirlwind/dragon tail users, or users that can change abilities.

But right after thinking of that, I thought up another pretty good idea that could work well. Soak. Soak would only take 1 turn instead of 2 turns. And I thought of a partner to make it even better.

Seaking with Lightning Rod.

Water types are only weak to Electric, Grass, and Freeze Dry. With lightning rod drawing in all of the possible common electric attacks, Shedinja only needs to worry about Grass attacks.

So what do you guys like better? One option is to actually have both sets on my team (along with Mega Venasaur and Typhlosion. I want to run Grass/fire pledge as well) And use one set or another depending on Team preview. Any comments, suggestions on some other moves for Carbink, or crits are welcome

Stratos

Banned deucer.
In the future, questions like this that are pretty specific help questions, instead of more general discussion ones, should be reserved for the SQSA thread. However I can safely say that neither of these strategies (nor any other strategy with shedinja) will work because: he has 1hp. There are so many ways to kill shedinja that don't even require attacking it: bring in a tyranitar or abomasnow, burn it, switch in your garchomp as it uses a contact attack... it is a gimmick.

edit: in case i wasn't clear, you're right that technically your team involves thunder waving and safety goggling shedinja to keep it alive. But lopunny is hardly a bulky pokemon and will die before it can get off the thunder wave ~90% of the time, and safety goggles is still weak to knock off and trick, one of which is run on almost every team. Even if you pulled all that off, Terravolt Kyurem-B and Mold Breaker excadrill STILL win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)