Other Features Players of the Ladders V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'll be writing a follow-up to this article by windsong in the smog 23 [I've gotten his permission to do so], chronicling even more of the ridiculous types of players that you see on the ladder, in hopes of humoring and informing those who hope to challenge the prestigious ladder. This article will stay true to its roots, but will present some hilarious new insight into the crazy types of people that you meet on your trek up the Showdown/Pokemon Online ladders,

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Here's what I have so far:

Ignorance is Bliss/The "Oblivious': Basically the players that are new to the game and somehow manage to beat you through a combo of hax, matchup, and senseless play, yet, remain

Douchebag: Basically the players who aren't that good but harass you for ridiculous reasons [i've got some personal example to share]

Fanatic: The guy who never gets off ladder, has a billion alts and always a nuisance to face

PO (BAN ME PLEASE): Some people might not know about this lot, but if you do, I can assure you this section will be hilarious, basically theyre a bunch of annoying teenagers in clans who spam battles with :] and have stupid phrases like "notevenbad", this video should give you a taste

Walking Broadcast: The people who never shut up in their battles, comment on every turn like they're professor oak commenting on a league match

The Troll: Not limited to losing liepard, but anyone who tries their absolute hardest to make you lose it on your ladder run, doing things like laughing at hax, taunting at every moment, and just being generally annoying to get a reaction out of the player

Gimmick Player; The guy who manages to succeed with Registeel and Raichu; unsurprisingly he's as weird as his team

that's what i thought of so far, hopefully there's enough quality and quantity wise, I can think of some more if you need me too

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A'ight, I've seen enough. Off to the workshop with you!

Edit: Unless you don't already have access in which case you should say so here. :V

Honus

magna carta
Sweet, thanks for the approval, and nah I don't have access yet [i apologize if I was supposed to say beforehand 9.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)