Playtime's Over! A LC Warstory!

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hello people, I bring you a LC warstory this month! While I normally remain active in the NU forums, LC is my getaway tier for when Crit Brave Birds and Freeze Beams in NU start to get to me, and I instead venture into the petite little zone for unevolved cuties where they rip each other to shreds just a little less often than their parents.

I noticed that the LC forums aren't particularly active...Time to shake it up shall we?

Chespear joined.
Yoshi on Steroids joined.
Format:
LC
Rated battle
Sleep Clause: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned

Yoshi on Steroids's team:
/
/
/
/
/

Chespear's team:
/
/
/
/
/

Both our teams are leaning towards balance, and there's no Murkrow and Misdreavus in sight! Mienfoo's still here, but I'll take what I can get. Let's get started!

Treecko37 joined.
Battle between Chespear and Yoshi on Steroids started!
Chespear sent out Mienfoo!
Go! Larvesta!

It looks like I have a fairly good start! Larvesta comfortably walls any Mienfoo...that lacks Stone Edge. So why don't I rely on something like Misdreavus who lacks crippling weaknesses to check Fighting-types? The reason: Larvesta makes even Mienfoo's safe plays risky. Fake Out for free damage or U-Turn for quick damage while switching to a counter? Enjoy that burn while you're at it, Flame Body is pretty damn good on Larvesta. Right now though, I have no way of telling if Mienfoo has Stone Edge or not until it hits me in the face (Stone Miss rarely misses against me :P), so Bronzor can tank that hit, as my opponent likely wouldn't risk a U-Turn.

Turn 1
Larvesta, come back!
Go! Bronzor!
The foe's Mienfoo used Fake Out!
It's not very effective... Bronzor lost 8% of its health!
The foe's Mienfoo lost some of its HP!

100%
92%
91%
Though for some reason he was willing to risk the Fake Out, perhaps he forgotten that simply that "free damage" can potentially cripple Mienfoo for the rest of the match, as there's no Heal Bell user on his team. His Mienfoo is even LO, so it likely has no bulk or any support moves to help the team. Nevertheless, Bronzor is in now, and if Mienfoo decides to get ballsy with neutral STAB Drain Punch, Psychic would leave a big dent.

Turn 2
The foe's Mienfoo used U-turn!
Bronzor lost 27% of its health!
The foe's Mienfoo lost some of its HP!
The foe's Mienfoo went back to Chespear!
Chespear sent out Ferroseed!
Bronzor used Psychic!
It's not very effective... The foe's Ferroseed lost 8% of its health!

65%
92%
100%
Well crap, Ferroseed gets a free switch-in, maybe I should've switched in Larvesta to tank Mienfoo's hit and try to burn it...oh well, Ferroseed will without a doubt set up the Rocks, but since Staryu can spin against it, I settle for the next best thing.

Turn 3
Bronzor, come back!
Go! Larvesta!
The foe's Ferroseed used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around your team!

65% Stealth Rock
100%
92%
inb4SR (get it, cos' I switched Larvesta in before SR, double meanings FTW.) Now Larvesta gets to do truckloads of damage to Ferroseed if he doesn't bail out now. This will hurt my fire bug nearly as much as it will to the thorn ball, though.

Turn 4
The foe's Ferroseed used Protect!
The foe's Ferroseed protected itself!
Larvesta used Flare Blitz!
The foe's Ferroseed protected itself!

Stealth Rock
100%
92% PROTECT
So he scouts my move, though it's not like I'll U-Turn willy nilly against an Iron Barbs poke with SR in play. That said, I'll likely not U-Turn against an Iron Barbs poke this turn, as he'll likely switch out, most likely to Staryu. Here's where I wished I had Wild Charge to nail that sucker hard, but I'll just have to U-Turn out while dealing some good damage.

Turn 5
Chespear withdrew Ferroseed!
Chespear sent out Staryu!
Larvesta used U-turn!
The foe's Staryu lost 46% of its health!
Larvesta went back to Yoshi on Steroids!
Go! Porygon!
Pointed stones dug into Porygon!
Porygon traced the foe's Staryu's Natural Cure!

100% Stealth Rock
88%
54%
92%
I had 3 options to Turn out to: Staryu to spin, Lileep to SR, or Porygon to revenge kill (he doesn't know it's Scarfed). All three are big invites for Ferroseed to come in and lay down Spikes (if he has it), which will be disastrous. Among the three, Porygon can Trick its Scarf onto Ferroseed and utterly ruin while stealing its Eviolite to gain good bulk in return, which is a hilariously unfair trade. I commence my plan.

Turn 6
Porygon used Trick!
Porygon switched items with its target!
The foe's Staryu obtained one Choice Scarf.
Porygon obtained one Eviolite.
The foe's Staryu used Recover!
The foe's Staryu regained health!

Stealth Rock
88%
100%
He either thought I'm just a bulky attacker Porygon, or somehow detected my master plan (likely the former though lol). I lost my means to cripple Ferroseed, but at least I still get an Eviolite and a super fast Staryu with only one move isn't going far against my team, much less Lileep. The most I can try to do now is hit the Ferroseed switch as Staryu is forced out.

Turn 7
Chespear withdrew Staryu!
Chespear sent out Porygon!
The foe's Porygon traced Porygon's Natural Cure!
Porygon used Ice Beam!
The foe's Porygon lost 27% of its health!

Stealth Rock
88%
73%
100%
My opponent continually denies his Ferroseed entry into battle and instead brings out his own Porygon, which has an advantage to mine since it is bulky Eviolite with Recover. Bronzor can take on Porygon just fine and set up.

Turn 8
Porygon, come back!
Go! Bronzor!
Pointed stones dug into Bronzor!
The foe's Porygon used Thunder Wave!
Bronzor is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

88% Stealth Rock
60%
73%
"Set up?? But I thought Lileep was your Stealth Rocker?" True, but my Bronzor is running a Calm Mind set with Recycle and Oran Berry, which my opponent will find out soon enough.

Turn 9
The foe's Porygon used Shadow Ball!
Bronzor lost 27% of its health!
Bronzor ate its Oran Berry!
Bronzor restored HP using its Oran Berry!
Bronzor used Calm Mind!
Bronzor's Special Attack rose!
Bronzor's Special Defense rose!

Stealth Rock
73% +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def
73%
Bronzor easily shrugs off the hit while recovering and boosting at the same time, putting Chespear in an unfavorable situation.

Turn 10
Bronzor lost 21% of its health!
Bronzor used Recycle!
Bronzor found one Oran Berry!

Stealth Rock
52% +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def
73%
It is becoming clear that Porygon is Bronzor's setup fodder. Shadow Ball is still doing quite a bit though, but with Oran Berry backing me up I feel comfortable in throwing out a Psychic.

Turn 11
Chespear withdrew Porygon!
Bronzor used Psychic!
The foe's Staryu lost 50% of its health!

Stealth Rock
52% +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def
50%
73%
Chespear realizes this and brings out Staryu, who has more powerful STAB and isn't weak to Psychic (3 of his members are, in fact), only to have its health shaved clean in half. I decide to setup some more to weather Staryu's Hydro Pumps better. If it proves too much I still have Lileep to fall back on.

Turn 12
The foe's Staryu used Hydro Pump!
A critical hit! Bronzor lost 52% of its health!
Bronzor fainted!
Go! Lileep!
Pointed stones dug into Lileep!

0% Stealth Rock
88%
50%
When I said prove too much I mean near death, not a crit >:(,so much for a possible Bronzor sweep. This is still a good oppurtunity for Lileep to setup SR though, as Staryu is now in far less shape to spin.

Turn 13
Lileep used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

Stealth Rock
88%
92% Stealth Rock
50%
As expected, Ferroseed comes in to wall me and setup layers of Spikes, which is bad news. I had better switch in Larvesta again to scare it out.

Turn 14
Lileep, come back!
Go! Larvesta!
Pointed stones dug into Larvesta!
The foe's Ferroseed used Bullet Seed!
It's not very effective... Larvesta lost 4% of its health!
It's not very effective... Larvesta lost 4% of its health!

Hit 2 time(s)!
88% Stealth Rock
42%
92% Stealth Rock
Chespear's move looks really odd, so I try to put myself in his shoes. He may have predicted I switch out for fear of layers or even a Steel-type move, and thus switch to Staryu to deal with both, where he would try to snipe it down with Bullet Seed. However, both reasons do not prompt me to switch to Staryu: I can't spin against Ferroseed, with or without Iron Barbs, as he can simply set them up again; any Steel-type move Ferroseed carries will also not be enough to scare Lileep. He might've seen a switch coming though, I guess he didn't expect me to bring in Larvesta with SR on the field so hastily.

Turn 15
Chespear sent out Timburr!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Timburr!
Larvesta used Morning Sun!
Larvesta regained health!

Stealth Rock
92%
95% Stealth Rock
92%
Thankfully, Morning Sun mitigates this issue, keeping Larvesta in tip top shape to take on the Timburr that he switched in for....another odd reason? Timburrs do pack Stone Edge but doing so means giving up Payback for the much more common Misdreavus, though since Larvesta has reliable recovery he may find it more troublesome. I decided to go with my hunch and keep Larvesta in and reveal my Wild Charge-replacement move.

Turn 16
The foe's Timburr used Mach Punch!
It's not very effective... Larvesta lost 8% of its health!
Larvesta used Zen Headbutt!
It's super effective! The foe's Timburr lost 56% of its health!

Stealth Rock
84%
39% Stealth Rock
....I'm not even sure what Chespear was trying for there. I think me wants to chip down Larvesta before the Flare Blitz so that Larvesta is doomed by SR should Staryu fail to spin. However, it is precisely this reason that I chose to run Zen Headbutt to vastly improve the Fighting-type matchup, as I no longer have to lose huge amounts of health just to bring them down (Croagunk is a good example). The flinch rate is handy too.

Turn 17
Chespear withdrew Timburr!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Porygon!
The foe's Porygon traced Larvesta's Flame Body!
The foe's Porygon lost 19% of its health!

Stealth Rock
84%
42% Stealth Rock
39%
Porygon is brought in on the Zen Headbutt, while it is tempting to finish it off with Flare Blitz, I could miss out on the KO and be at risk from a Thunder Wave, and I may take enough damage to not survive Stealth Rock. Since Bronzor is down, the next best thing I have against Porygon is...

Turn 18
Larvesta, come back!
Go! Lileep!
The foe's Porygon used Recover!
The foe's Porygon regained health!

84% Stealth Rock
75%
92% Stealth Rock
Since Porygon doesn't have Ice Beam, Lileep can shrug off its hits and retaliate with Giga Drains. Since both have Recover, it is somewhat of a stalemate, but at the very least Porygon would have to Recover much more often than I do.

Turn 19
The foe's Porygon used Thunder Wave!
Lileep is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Lileep used Giga Drain!
The foe's Porygon lost 23% of its health!
The foe's Porygon had its energy drained!

Stealth Rock
85%
69% Stealth Rock
Paralysis can throw a wrench in that plan though, as untimely parahaxes can be problematic if Lileep can't Recover in time. I press on with the Giga Drains though, to hasten it to Recover and drain its PP.

Turn 20
Lileep lost 19% of its health!
Lileep used Giga Drain!
The foe's Porygon lost 23% of its health!
The foe's Porygon had its energy drained!

Stealth Rock
76%
46% Stealth Rock
I outdamage his attack and even undo some of the damage, meaning Porygon isn't coming out on top without parahaxes, crits and Sp.Def drops. He can't even rely on Tri Attack's burn or freezing effect to help him now that he's paralyzed me. I now predict the Recover and make a switch to Timburr to smack him hard....

Turn 21
Lileep, come back!
Go! Timburr!
Pointed stones dug into Timburr!
A critical hit! Timburr lost 44% of its health!

76% Stealth Rock
51%
46% Stealth Rock
....and take a crit Shadow Ball to the face. Normally I would've Bulked Up and hit the Koffing switch in for decent damage, but now I'll have to Drain Punch and nip off a bit of HP off Koffing so that Timburr can remain healthy.

Turn 22
Chespear withdrew Porygon!
Chespear sent out Koffing!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Koffing!
Timburr used Drain Punch!
It's not very effective... The foe's Koffing lost 13% of its health!
The foe's Koffing had its energy drained!

Stealth Rock
55%
75% Stealth Rock
46%
Yeah, the HP gained was like barely enough to offset the SR damage. Still puzzled why Chespear would leave Porygon so low like that. Anyway, time to switch to my own Porygon and hit it hard with STAB Tri Attacks. Staryu is slightly stronger but much less bulky, though if he has Fire Blast as his main move I would regret that.

Turn 23
Timburr, come back!
Go! Porygon!
Pointed stones dug into Porygon!
Porygon traced the foe's Koffing's Levitate!
The foe's Koffing used Sludge Bomb!
Porygon lost 29% of its health!

55% Stealth Rock
47%
75% Stealth Rock
Thankfully I did not switch Staryu into a Sludge Bomb, and Porygon takes the hit well. While Tri Attack sits at a modest 80 base power, base 85 Sp.Atk in LC is nothing to scoff at.

Turn 24
Porygon used Tri Attack!
The foe's Koffing lost 44% of its health!
The foe's Koffing used Will-O-Wisp!
Porygon was burned!
Porygon was hurt by its burn!

Stealth Rock
34%
31% Stealth Rock
A solid 2HKO puts not only Koffing, but also Chespear in danger of a Timburr sweep. He wants to preserve it to take on the feisty fighter, but something's going to have to take Porygon's attack. Ferroseed maybe?

Turn 25
Chespear withdrew Koffing!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Porygon!
The foe's Porygon traced Porygon's Levitate!
Porygon used Ice Beam!
The foe's Porygon lost 27% of its health!

Stealth Rock
21%
8% Stealth Rock
31%
Nope, still Porygon. All my attempts to catch Ferroseed on the switch have all but failed, mostly because if this doppleganger right here, should've finished you off with Larvesta when I had the chance. Fire away!

Turn 26
Porygon used Ice Beam!
The foe's Porygon lost 8% of its health!
The foe's Porygon fainted!

Stealth Rock
8%
34% Stealth Rock
0%
Porygon shows everyone who's the better cyberduck, only to meet the same fate himself. I'd still say ditching the Scarf as soon as possible was the better move against Chespear's team, as Porygon would not have done as much otherwise. Good job, Pory.

Turn 27
The foe's Timburr used Mach Punch!
It's super effective! Porygon lost 8% of its health!
Porygon fainted!
Go! Larvesta!

0% Stealth Rock
34%
34% Stealth Rock
Larvesta is back and ready to play. I'm pretty sure at this point that Timburr has no Rock-type move so I can safely heal up against it.

Turn 28
Larvesta used Morning Sun!
Larvesta regained health!
The foe's Timburr used Payback!
Larvesta lost 31% of its health!

Stealth Rock
53%
34% Stealth Rock
Timburr's attack glances off Larvesta's fiery hide, but Larvesta is just above 50%, barely enough to survive Stealth Rock for a THIRD switch in. Yeah, a 4x SR weak pokemon switching into SR THRICE. Larvesta is one badass lava bug.

Turn 29
Chespear withdrew Timburr!
Chespear sent out Mienfoo!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Mienfoo!
It's super effective! The foe's Mienfoo lost 96% of its health!
The foe's Mienfoo fainted!
Treecko37 left.
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Staryu!

Stealth Rock
53%
40% Stealth Rock
0%
34%
Most players would've healed up Larvesta one more time to ensure Larvesta can more comfortably survive Stealth Rock, but the fact that he already survive Stealth Rock made me feel this was unnecessary, and I wanted to gain quick offensive momentum. I didn't want this Timburr alive much longer as it is a great hindrance to Lileep, so one less Fighting type on the field makes things much easier for Lileep.

I was pleasantly surprised as I OHKOed the unsuspecting Mienfoo (I somewhat understand his mentality about Porygon now, but this is on a whole different league knowing when/how to preserve a poke). Zen Headbutt proves to be awesome once again, if that was Flare Blitz I'll have to spin to get Larvesta back in. That said, if he had Timburr Mach Punch me like he did earlier, it would have been ironically effective. The way he brought in Mienfoo like that may indicate he does have Stone Edge after all, though why he didn't go for it turn one is anyone's guess.

Turn 30
Larvesta, come back!
Go! Lileep!
The foe's Staryu used Psychic!
Lileep lost 19% of its health!

53% Stealth Rock
45%
40% Stealth Rock
After the huge boost in morale, I have much less to worry about now: a half-dead Timburr and a KOed Mienfoo is leagues better than a KOed Timburr but a Mienfoo that can Regenerate as much as it damn well pleases. Staryu also reveals Psychic, likely for Croagunk, though Croagunk seems to be less and less common as the months go by...

Turn 31
Chespear sent out Koffing!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Koffing!
Lileep is paralyzed! It can't move!

Stealth Rock
45%
19% Stealth Rock
40%
Looks like the parahax is starting to act up like Grandpa's old knee, as Lileep spasms out of control and can't do a thing, granting my opponent the chance to Pain Split.

Turn 32
The foe's Koffing used Pain Split!
The battlers shared their pain!

Stealth Rock
26%
33% Stealth Rock
Koffing shamelessly robs some of Lileep's health for its own, while Lileep's non-existant knee still won't give him a break.

Turn 33
Lileep lost 23% of its health!
Lileep used Recover!
Lileep regained health!

Stealth Rock
53%
33% Stealth Rock
Lileep finally gets it together and pulls itself out from the clucthes of defeat. It's still not looking too good for our barnacle friend as Koffing starts spewing obscenities at it.

Turn 34
Lileep used AncientPower!
The foe's Koffing lost 27% of its health!
Lileep's Attack rose!
Lileep's Defense rose!
Lileep's Special Attack rose!
Lileep's Special Defense rose!
Lileep's Speed rose!

Stealth Rock
30% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
6% Stealth Rock

Hell yeah. Lileep spent its last turns of immobility to build up power and unleash the fossilized beast within. The tables have turned and now Koffing will really struggle to break through Lileep.

Turn 35
Lileep used Recover!
Lileep regained health!

Stealth Rock
65% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
19% Stealth Rock
koffing tries to keep itself alive long enough for the struggle, as 7 Ancientpower PP can be stalled out with smart Pain Split play alongside my Recovers.

Turn 36
Lileep used Giga Drain!
It's not very effective... The foe's Koffing lost 17% of its health!
The foe's Koffing had its energy drained!

Stealth Rock
52% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
33% Stealth Rock
However, I see through that plan, and now it is my turn to steal his health away. This is truly a war of attrition, as both combatants have ways of manipulating each other's health while replenishing their own.

Turn 37
Lileep lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Koffing lost 31% of its health!

Stealth Rock
37% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
2% Stealth Rock
I throw out an Ancientpower between the intervals of his Pain Split spamming to gauge its newfound damage boost, and it's pretty respectable, considering there is no way Koffing can reach over ~75% unless he wants to put himself at dangerously low levels of health.

Turn 38
Lileep used Recover!
Lileep regained health!

Stealth Rock
64% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
2% Stealth Rock
That damage variation is pretty annoying, as it means Lileep will have to spend just a bit more time Recovering while trying to fight back.

Turn 39

Stealth Rock
34% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
42% Stealth Rock
Despite the Ancientpower boost, the parahax ensures this isn't one-sided and Koffing is proving to be extremely resilient. Who will emerge victorious from this stallfest?

Turn 40
Lileep used Recover!
Lileep regained health!

Stealth Rock
69% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
42% Stealth Rock
Neither side has provided any openings, Koffing continuosly Pain Splits to keep itself out of the danger zone, whereas Lileep hasn't gotten paralyzed enough to the point where it could decide the outcome. In fact, paralysis is helping me greatly here, as it protects Lileep from Will-o-Wisp and Sludge Bomb's poison, which can easily turn this battle around.

Turn 41
A critical hit! The foe's Koffing lost 56% of its health!
The foe's Koffing fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ferroseed!

Stealth Rock
42% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
86% Stealth Rock
0%
Finally, Lileep targets Koffing's weak spot at just the right time with just the right move, as Giga Drain would've failed to KO. I felt bad for Chespear at the time, but since editing the pokemon's health percentages after each Pain Split is annoying as all f**k, I say "good riddance, emblem of Smogon, get out of my face".
Ferroseed is back in for Round Two, but since the battle is drawing to a close, I do not give two shits about Spikes at this point, and continue trucking through Lileep with my Super Sai....I mean Ancientpower boost.

Turn 42
Lileep lost 4% of its health!
Lileep lost 4% of its health!
Hit 2 time(s)!

Stealth Rock
34% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
86% Stealth Rock
The parahax has proven negiligible so far, although Ferroseed's attack has the potential to deal 20% (4% of Lileep's health represents 1 HP), so there's still a risk. To avoid that scenario, I heal myself back up.

Turn 43
The foe's Ferroseed used Leech Seed!
It doesn't affect Lileep...
Lileep used Recover!
Lileep regained health!

Stealth Rock
92% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
86% Stealth Rock
Chespear likely predicted me to switch to Timburr to deal with Ferroseed, as Larvesta is too weak to take any more damage. On the contrary, he should be switching to his Timburr ASAP, because Lileep can recover while Ferroseed cannot as Leech Seed is nullified, meaning Lileep has all the time in the world to snag another Ancientpower boost to spell the end for him.

Turn 44

Stealth Rock
92% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
29% Stealth Rock
86%
Seeing as Lileep has no intention of switching, or realizes how dire his situation is, he makes the switch while Lileep can only watch. I was going for Ancientpower, so it actually helped that I didn't attack himm so that he has more health left to drain. Normally Lileep would be out on its ass, but the almighty boost gave Lileep (and I) new confidence.

Turn 45
The foe's Timburr used Drain Punch!
It's super effective! Lileep lost 31% of its health!
Lileep had its energy drained!
Lileep used Giga Drain!
The foe's Timburr lost 27% of its health!
The foe's Timburr had its energy drained!

Stealth Rock
72% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
20% Stealth Rock
Aside from Koffing's Pain Splitting shenanigans, this was the other troublesome part of the battle to edit. As both parties were losing and gaining health on the same turn, with the health gain half of that of the damage dealt, it was frustrating to keep up.

Turn 46
It's super effective! Lileep lost 46% of its health!
Lileep used Giga Drain!
The foe's Timburr lost 35% of its health!

Stealth Rock
42% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
9% Stealth Rock
We hit each other once more with our Draining attacks, and it's looks like Timburr is on the losing end, even with the drastic damage variation (again) from his first Punch. Unless Lileep's "knee" decides to screw him over, Timburr is going down.

Turn 47
Yoshi on Steroids: Drain wars
It's super effective! Lileep lost 31% of its health!
Lileep used Giga Drain!
A critical hit! The foe's Timburr lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Timburr fainted!
Chespear: yup
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Staryu!

Stealth Rock
23% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
29% Stealth Rock
0%
Lileep deals yet another death blow via a crit, though obviously it matters less than on Koffing (bloody fartball). Staryu is next and it has no Ice Beam to even scratch Lileep.

Turn 48
Yoshi on Steroids: this is a really good game
Lileep used Recover!
Lileep regained health!

Stealth Rock
58% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
29% Stealth Rock
I recover out of habit so that parahax won't screw me over, but it really doesn't matter at this point, as Timburr can clean up the mess. I wanted to preserve Lileep, when really I'm prolonging this battle. Time to end this.

Turn 49
Chespear: you too.
Yoshi on Steroids: may warstory it
Lileep used Giga Drain!
It's super effective! The foe's Staryu lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Staryu had its energy drained!
The foe's Staryu fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ferroseed!

Stealth Rock
54% +1 Atk +1 Def +1 Sp.Atk +1 Sp.Def +1 Speed
81% Stealth Rock
0%
Lileep drains its last soul of the day, and is face to face with its fellow Grass-type wall. There is no way for Ferroseed to beat Lileep, but why would we wait for that? As I've mentioned, Larvesta is too weak to come in on any move, so I have Staryu remove the hazards first.

Turn 50
Lileep, come back!
Go! Staryu!
Pointed stones dug into Staryu!
It's super effective! Staryu lost 29% of its health!
Hit 3 time(s)!
Staryu fainted!
Go! Larvesta!

54%
0% Stealth Rock
4%
81% Stealth Rock
Whoops, oh well. The important thing is that Larvesta comes into battle without taking a hit and living by the skin of its teeth. Let's go out with a bang.

Turn 51
Larvesta used Flare Blitz!
It's super effective! The foe's Ferroseed lost 81% of its health!
Larvesta is damaged by recoil!
The foe's Ferroseed fainted!
Larvesta fainted!

Stealth Rock
0%
0% Stealth Rock
Even Stealth Rock won't hold this bug back, the only way he's going down is by his own hand, which is manly as hell. Excellent work, Larvesta. And good game, Chespear!

Yoshi on Steroids won the battle!
Yoshi on Steroids: gg :)
Chespear: gg
Chespear: Like your team lots
Yoshi on Steroids: yours is cool too
Chespear: cheers

Props:
: Stealth Rock? Pfft, ima still wall your fighting types, send that thorn ball running and then nuke both our sorry asses for the final showdown. What a badass.
: Lileep went full Rambo and pretty much not die to repeated Sludge Bombs and Drain Punches, showing Ferroseed what for.
: Look, just becuase I acknowledged that you survived on the battlefield way longer than any pokemon without reliable recovery I've ever seen, doesn't mean I can't bitch about your Pain Splitting. God, warstories used to be easier when it was just formatting and typing :P.
Chespear: For being a great LC opponent! :D

Slops:
: It dared to try and touch Larvesta despite the risk of getting burned, that's pretty ballsy right? Tell that to the kung-fu fighter that threw himself straight into a Zen Headbutt.
: Sigh Bronzor, if one day you would not get critted by turns 3 or 4 of setup, you would have done great things.

I really liked your story, specially because you made it very enojoyable even when it had stall phases. Thumbs up for Lileep beating Timburr; I think it would have been better to Bulk Up once before throwing out a Drain Punch so it could have a better chance defeating it.

Anyway, nice battle and great use of Larvesta :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)