ORAS UU Please rate my UU team~

Minasan,konnichiwa! I've recently decided to pick up on Pokemon competitive battling and did some research on the bases of battling. I've quickly grew attached to UU, RU and NU Pokemon, but I want to primarily focus on UU teams. I've started playing Showdown with this team and I've been doing really well, but well isn't enough, I want the BEST out of my team, so any criticism and tips are very appreciated!

Without further adieu:

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Brave bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Taunt

Not just any Zubat can grow up to become the Anti-Sub set up master, this Crobat became a promising member of the team. It can prevent hazards, set ups, hit through Subs, and has a pivot. I'm not to sure on the spreads on it's EVs, but its been doing more than well on my team.

Espeon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SPatk / 252 Spe / 4 Spdef
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Single Beam
- Shadow Ball

When I saw that Espeon fell to the UU tier, I flailed like a Shiny Magikarp OHOKing legendaries with +6 on everything. I love Espeon, her Magic bounce ability is so great, but very predictable. With her 110 base speed stat, she can outspeed Zapdos, Tyranitar, Rotom-Wash, even Mega Gallade with Timid Nature, although OHKOing them is a different situation. I often find myself in a predicament, where I'm against a strong Poke for example Tyranitar, I fail to OHOK them, I understand the job of the sweeper is "sweep" the enemy team, but Espeon gets walled too much. But other than that she is a great anti-hazard and I run her instead of a spinner, mainly because shes much more reliable. If anyone can help me run her better that would be much appreciated!

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 Hp / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar

Now I'm not really a fan of spreading EVs in odd numbers, but this set does really well. The invested 64 Speed EVs helps it outspeed Adamant Honchkrow and burn that bird before it starts to cause trouble. Its ability makes it an ideal switch in to physical sweepers (if not set up) and its odd Hp EVs are for the hazard rocks, but it can bulk really well against physical threats, especially with the RoarWisp combo, crippling the whole team and lets Arcanine weaken them with its natural 110 base Atk stat, even without any EVs invested, a STAB Flare Blitz can dent. Its Morning Sun allows for some recovery, and Roar, other than the Will-O-Wisp, can prevent set ups. Any additional tips would be great!

Pinsir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock off

Pinsir, may be the "outclassed" version of Heracross, but it still is a threat. With a base Atk stat of 125, Pinsir is hurting someone's children, that's if Pinsir outspeeds, but that's what the choice scarf is for! I haven't done the calculations but if I'm not mistaken his speed should be in the 300-400 zone with the scarf on, which pretty much outspeeds a majority of Pokes out there! While it may be a lesser Hera, it still shows promise!

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 Spatk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heatwave
- Tailwind
- Protect

What can I say? I needed a Mega on my team! and Pidgey being the first Pokemon I ever caught, I'm more than happy to see it get a Mega evolution, but enough about that. The never miss Hurricane/Heatwave coverage is heavenly, and Tailwind to help boost up my Pinsir/Espeon if he/she really needs to outspeed something. Other than that Mega Pidgeot is great!

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Spatk / 4 Spdef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower/Fireblast
- Sludge Bomb
- ThunderBolt

The Goodra is here! She has Grass immunity, bulky as Alistar (if he was running Magic resist lol), she can hit pretty hard, but cant afford to spam D-Meteor, but she has great coverage and is a wonderful Electric/Water/Fire switch in. I'm overall pleased with Goodra!

This is my UU team, I know it needs work, but I hope to get the best out of my team and any criticism and tips are appreciated!

Thank you~

Last edited:
Cool team you have there bro,

First thing that strikes me though is that you have 4 ´mons weak to Rock (nothing that resists it) and no Spinner. Even with Magic Bounce on your Espeon you´ll have troubles with Stealth Rocks.
There is a relatively easy solution for this problem, try runnig Defog on your Crobat. Also a spread of 248 Hp, 80 Atk and 176 Speed will help to be able to switch into Stealth Rocks better while still being able to outspeed most things and keeping an offensive presence. The last 4 Evs should go into Sp Def in order to give Download users a usually unwanted Attack boost.

On Espeon I would recommend Grass Knot over Signal Beam, as you already hit Dark types with Dazzeling Gleam and other Psychics with Shadow Ball anyway.

Additionally you really need smothing that can take a Rock type hit in your team, and as you also have a tripple weakness to Ice type moves, which are gaining popularity right now thanks to Salamence being up and about, adding a Steel type to your team would probably be a wise decision.

Hey man, Interesting team you have here. I am not sure how viable it is if you are trying to ladder high but can be used for "fun". I will second that defog is 100% needed on crobat if you do not have a rapid spinner. I would replace that with u-turn as the other moves are quite needed. As for espeon i believe Alakazam outclasses it with a focus sash.
I must add that your team gets 6-0d by Hone Claws Aerodactyl and Suicune. To fix this, i recommend changing Arcanine for Swords Dance Doublade. Doublade is a very reliable physical walls with eviolite that can also sweep late game. This will help you stop Mega Aero from sweeping you.
As for Suicune, I believe Life Orb Heliolisk is a great suicune counter that gives you offensive momentum as well with Volt Switch and is immune to water type attacks making it good for any bulky water. I believe switching Heliolisk for Pinsir is the best since regular Pinsir is quite awful. Your team is fast enough to go without a scarfer but if you really want one, go for it.
One last change is Roost over tailwind on pidgeot. Your team has decent speed already and i cannot think of a viable time you will need it.

Now that I think about it more....yeah rock weakness is a problem. As for the Suicune, I could run Grass Knot on Espeon, and I just might replace Arcanine for the Doublade, but if I would do that I would assume running Swords Dance/ Gyro ball/ Sacred Blade/ Shadow Sneak? Because he would be super slow and could only tank Physical hits. Or if we're reaching into the RU tier, I could use a Bronzong? Dual Screens set?

Now that I think about it more....yeah rock weakness is a problem. As for the Suicune, I could run Grass Knot on Espeon, and I just might replace Arcanine for the Doublade, but if I would do that I would assume running Swords Dance/ Gyro ball/ Sacred Blade/ Shadow Sneak? Because he would be super slow and could only tank Physical hits. Or if we're reaching into the RU tier, I could use a Bronzong? Dual Screens set?
Use Doublade but run Iron head, its more reliable

Alright so the current improved team would be....

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Brave bird
- Roost
- Defog *
- Taunt

Espeon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SPatk / 252 Spe / 4 Spdef
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot*
- Shadow Ball

Doublade @ Eviolite *
Ability: No guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Hp / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow sneak
- ????

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heatwave
- Roost *
- Protect/ U-turn *

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Spatk / 4 Spdef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower/Fireblast
- Sludge Bomb
- ThunderBolt

Heliolisk @ Life Orb *
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power ???
- ????

Any ideas for the lost slot for Doublade and the other moves for Heliolisk?

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man this is a pretty cool team you have, one thing that kind of sticks out to me is that you lack any hazards on your team, which a lot of your Pokemon can appreciate, to remedy this problem you could go with Forretress > Doublade.

Forry is just as reliable of a physical Steel type wall as Doublade but also provides hazard and spin support for your team. This can allow you to run something else on your Crobat, perhaps even a Choice Banded set because right now this team has a lot of trouble breaking special walls, particularly Blissey.

A change that can help you get past that is Life Orb Hydreigon > Goodra. Hydreigon can utilize Superpower to lure and eliminate Blissey, which is a huge boon for such a special heavy team such as yours.

That's all I have hope I helped.

Hey man this is a pretty cool team you have, one thing that kind of sticks out to me is that you lack any hazards on your team, which a lot of your Pokemon can appreciate, to remedy this problem you could go with Forretress > Doublade.

Forry is just as reliable of a physical Steel type wall as Doublade but also provides hazard and spin support for your team. This can allow you to run something else on your Crobat, perhaps even a Choice Banded set because right now this team has a lot of trouble breaking special walls, particularly Blissey.

A change that can help you get past that is Life Orb Hydreigon > Goodra. Hydreigon can utilize Superpower to lure and eliminate Blissey, which is a huge boon for such a special heavy team such as yours.

That's all I have hope I helped.

I actually like the Hydreigon, any ideas for a set?

56 Atk 200 SATK 252 Spe Hasty Life Orb

Dark Pulse
Draco
Roost
Superpower
I tired this set out and its been working great for me but I need more physical power on my team, also the hazards are quite annoying. I was thinking about taking out Espeon and replacing her with a physical sweeper

I don't really like the Pidgeot on your team...
If you wanted to replace the Umbreon with a sweeper, I would prefer Mega Beedril.

As for Pidgeot, Noivern, is a great replacement. (Note: I might be slightly biased...)

I don't really like the Pidgeot on your team...
If you wanted to replace the Umbreon with a sweeper, I would prefer Mega Beedril.

As for Pidgeot, Noivern, is a great replacement. (Note: I might be slightly biased...)
lmao xD I can smell the bias! but what do you not like about mega pidgeot?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)