Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shadow Triad distracted Cheren at N's Castle, which allowed Ghetsis to break free and flee. The Shadow Triad were still loyal to Ghetsis even after Team Plasma's disbandment, and they refuse to search for him because Ghetsis told them not to attempt to find him.

omg ELECTRIC/ICE STAB BOLTBEAM OLOLOLOL FIRE/ICE WILL SUCK HAHA OLOLOLOL

Yes, we get it, even though these typings are just as likely as a combo-sequel/hoenn remake and triple typings (aka not very likely). Now can we have intelligent discussion?
^This. Thank you.

And yes, I totally want to know about Alder's lost pokemon, I completely forgot I guess. Hopefully everything ever all of it will be revealed and it'll be so fucking amazing. I would actually kind of be disappointed if this was truly the fifth generation's yeller/crystal/emerald/platinum, because there's quite a few story points left untouched.

^ Indeed. I wonder where Ghetsis went after fleeing N's Castle. Maybe he went into exile or he's searching for a whole new region to control. So many unanswered questions, so many untouched story points.

Indeed. I wonder where Ghetsis went after fleeing N's Castle. Maybe he went into exile or he's searching for a whole new region to control. So many unanswered questions, so many untouched story pointss
I'm assuming he went to search for Kyurem and will continue to be the antagonist in the sequel. He said his plan wasn't executed yet. Maybe part 1 was getting reshiram/zekrom. Part 2 is combining them to complete Kyurem.

I'm assuming he went to search for Kyurem and will continue to be the antagonist in the sequel. He said his plan wasn't executed yet. Maybe part 1 was getting reshiram/zekrom. Part 2 is combining them to complete Kyurem.
That sounds very possible, actually. But Team Plasma is disbanded, N is no longer Ghetsis' puppet, and everyone is searching for the final Sage (Ghetsis). If he can pull that plan off after all of that, then he is one intelligent, very manipulative and an evilly psychotic person.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been stuck at my grandma's house, just came home and found this, yes! Oh and GF, I see what you did there.
169 people viewing

What if (COMPLETE SPECULATION) BW2 is set completely in the Hoenn Region and your a new Hoenn trainer. No Unova at all. With new and old Pokemon everywhere and will continue the story of N and All the other unanswered stuff. Possible things would be a Red type battle against N and the possibility that Kyurem is causing trouble there which would cause the fusions.

Again COMPLETE SPECULATION but if it happens, this post is here.

Some of my thoughts:
- In regards of the Kyurem new forms' types, I think at least Ice is a given, since the two new signature moves will be ice type, and I do not think we've had a pokemon whose signature move is a different type than the pokemon.
Actually, Genesect's signature move, which I believe is called Techno Booster, is a Normal-type, and even with the disks changing its type it cannot recieve STAB

Just found potential release date.

According to the Japanese website under this section with a bunch of dates for stuff it lists "2012.02.26" Aka the date today, and then the info(Roughly translated) "June 2 "White 2 Pokemon Black" 2012, simultanious release of 2!"

Edit: Surprised at no sort of explosion at the news. Great info for people who want move tutors (If they're in game) for VGC. And just in general good for people who want the games ASAP.

(Ignoring the fact I am quoting myself)
Found someone to translate better, because google translate coulda messed up, but it seems confirmed for the 2nd of June! The way this is going I wouldn't be surprised if America got soon after considering the simultanious announcement days.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^ Indeed. I wonder where Ghetsis went after fleeing N's Castle. Maybe he went into exile or he's searching for a whole new region to control. So many unanswered questions, so many untouched story points.
It would be great to find out answers to things like this. But then, at the same time, I would be fine if they were left unanswered for now. Leaving plot points to connect the generations is always cool. Remember Giovanni? Disappeared in gen one, and we never found out what happened until gen four. While I don't like waiting that long, letting there be connections between generations would be nice.

So basically, I would love to have some questions answered, but I also think that they should leave some things untouched. Mysteries are always fun.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD there is probably no relation to hoenn at all in these games

Anyways ghestis will hopefully use the shadow triad a bit more (unless there the striation gym leaders)

Hahah, I've heard of that little rumor, and quite honestly, it does sound viable. Wouldn't be the first time a criminal was a gym leader (Giovanni), but they might never reveal who the Shadow Triad really are, even if they just happen to be the Striaton Gym Leaders.

^^You never know.

Personally, even though I love Hoenn, I'd like to be able to start anew with a brand new remake. Perhaps, though, there will be a new part to Unova, or something that will lead to Hoenn. Still, I WANT MY MUDKIP!

No matter what, I just hope these new games aren't total letdowns.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
-Has anyone mentioned already the fact that the Zekrom-Kyurem is in the Black version rather than the White version and vise versa for the Reshiram-Kyurem. This could hint at the continuation of the story, since in the first game the main character caught the respective version mascot and it is no longer available in that version.
I was about to come in and mention this. Zekrom is indeed over the Black 2 Logo and Reshiram over the White 2 Logo. I even double checked by translating the text.

I've seen someone theorize you play as N in BW2.... And he DOES get the opposite legendary... hmmm.

O_O Playing as N? Sounds way out there! When have you ever been able to play as the villain? Or in N's case, the anti-hero, or something. :o
Actually, many people are speculating this right here will happen. I'm actually kind of expecting and hoping for this as well. I guess it could work, since N has never caught a single pokemon in his life, so it would be just like starting an adventure anew.

On another note, this thread alone will have probably doubled my post count by the time it dies down.

I'm thinking that these games will just be what we've come to expect from the '3rd game' and just be a revamped black and white with a slightly longer story, a few more main character battles and move tutors.
If they are infact sequels, I can't see the character you play as, as being the same character from the original black white, because why would you start off with a lv 5 starter again?
N was spotted in the Hoenn region, this is confirmed in-game, so maybe these games will contain the Hoenn region (but probably not).
I'm thinking that if these two games are indeed two entirely new games, then maybe they are prequels and you play as one of the two original brothers that caused Resh and Zek to split centuries ago. Or maybe you are just a new young trainer and an adult N and Ghetsis are main characters in the story.
I really hope these 2 new formes keep dragon/ice typing because dragon/fire and dragon/electric are already done, and the current dragon/ice kinda sux.
I know i'd be incredibly lucky, but I hope this is basically a 6th gen with all new pokemon, but I can't see that happening.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I highly doubt you play as N. Part of the classic Pokemon gamplay is playing as an average kid who just wants to be a good trainer. Giving you a set character with a set personality goes against so many precedents. I wouldn't even put that in the realm of possibility.

Wait, when does the post e4 gamplay even hint about N being in Hoenn? It just shows N flying on Zekrom/Reshiram to lands anew, not even showing exactly where he's going.

I bet the mystery of who the champion's(Alder's) dead pokemon is will be revealed. Im so curious who it was because despite being never stated it had one of the biggest influences in the game
I agree about the first part but what do you mean by influence?

Also why does anybody think that the shadow triad are the striaton Gym leaders? Is it because the striaton leaders never show up to fight against the seven sages?

N was spotted in the Hoenn region, this is confirmed in-game, so maybe these games will contain the Hoenn region (but probably not).
Wait, I haven't heard anyone else say that it was specifically in Hoenn that he was spotted in, and even on Bulbapedia, which I'm hoping is right, it doesn't specify the region either. We shouldn't be saying for sure that he's in Hoenn, who knows, he may have gone to Sinnoh or Johto or whatever.

INB4 ORRE REGION FOR B2W2 ok not really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)