Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bring up a very good point. Everyone assumed Kyurem would get an alternate form. It got two. Everyone assumed we would get Grey Version. We got BW2. I'll be hard pressed to assume anything more about these games any more.
Well if you read the lore on Kyurem, you'll find that it most likely is a fusion.

What if these new formes turned out to be alternative formes of Reshiram and Zekrom, like Reshiram-K and Zekrom-K? From the designs, it sort of looks like Kyurem is corrupting the black and white duo, especially since it's taken over one of each of their arms, and one side of their heads only. They might just end up not changing stat wise (although bumping up to 95 base speed would be cool), except for the movepool additions of Ice Burn and Freeze Shock giving them cool Ice-type coverage.

Wouldn't help out the original Kyurem much, but meh.
*Facepalms multiple times* Have you read anything Or have you only looked at the pictures. This has been discussed endlessly and they are new forms of Kyurem.

Could something along the lines of this be added to the first post?

- All we know about the games at the moment is the approximate release dates and that Kyurem Black and Kyurem White (for that's their names, it is confirmed) are in them.

This is probably a little too harsh and it's not 100% certain, so it would probably not be worth it to put it in the first post, but I have hopes of somebody reading it anyway:

- As far as typing and base stats go, it's been speculated to death already. Unless you're an exceptionally good post writer, you'll add NOTHING to the thread by commenting on the horrible defensive capabilities of Ice/Fire or STAB BoltBeam of Ice/Electric. Triple typing is NOT going to happen, the current coding doesn't allow it.

- N will not be the main character of the games. The main character has always had as little back story as possible, because YOU are implied to be in it. Playing as N would also remove the staple choice of playing as a boy or a girl, something that has been in the games since Crystal.

- We're still mid-generation. There will be no entirely new Pokémon, moves, hold items, abilities and most likely no new regions. Expect no new major game mechanics either.

- As far as we know, this will be released on the DS only. Stop whining.

- 60-something people are probably viewing this thread as you read this. No need to comment on it, it was 340 while the show aired.

- The game logos contain red and blue, like sapphires and rubies. Or like fire and electric sparks. Or the main colours of Tentacool, we honestly have no idea what it's supposed to mean. Apart from the Tentacool thing, this has been argued back and forth to no avail for two days now. Try pointing it out once more and see if something happens.
This to the 1000th power! I said this some page in the past but it got ignored. But really this speculation crap is so annoying with absolutely no new info. I wish a mod would just lock this, and just periodically unlock when new info is obtained, then lock again once topics become repetitive.
Edit: Feeling like a mini mod but my point is valid. That way people can stop spaming this thread to increase post count or continue speculation with no new info.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
- The game logos contain red and blue, like sapphires and rubies. Or like fire and electric sparks. Or the main colours of Tentacool...
Oh my god, brilliant. You play as Tentacool.

But in all seriousness, I think the stats proposed by MLaRF look fairly reasonable. I would think though that they would bump it up to a 680 BST though. Probably the attacking stat would be the one to get the boost, though I would absolutely love it if 5-6 points were put in Speed.

does anyone think we will get different starters, I myself cannot bear the thought of using the 5th gen starters again, perhaps some old ones ...please...

I really hope this june + autumn release doesn't mean a trivial amount of new content.

I'd rather have it in December '12 and april '13 if that means I get a fresh new game, rather than get B/W with a frontier and a different post-7th-gym event.

does anyone think we will get different starters, I myself cannot bear the thought of using the 5th gen starters again, perhaps some old ones ...please...
Most likely not.

Also, I think we should take into account the fact that Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem are based off ying, yang and the absence of the two, wuji. Could these new Legendary Pokemon have anything to do with this subject?

This entire thread is just speculation, and all we know is the new formes of Kyurem, as well as the names of the new games. They could be sequels, or they could be like Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum. We just have to wait and see, now won't we? :p

Maybe Plazma tries to corrupt Zekrom and Reshiram by fusing them with Kyurem, the lack of Yin and Yang.
Perhaps so. Sounds viable, since Kyurem is said to be the corpse of Reshiram and Zekrom's original form. But the sprites look a bit corrupted, like Kyurem really shouldn't be there, so Plasma could have something to do with it. Or it could be totally unrelated. We just gotta wait and see.

EDIT: Double post ninja.

Well I went on Wikipedia, and found something interesting.

In Taoist philosophy, dark and light (☯) yin and yang, arrives in the dàodéjīng (道德經) at Chapter 42.[3] It becomes sensible from an initial quiescence or emptiness (wuji, sometimes symbolized by an empty circle), and continues moving until quiescence is reached again. For instance, dropping a stone in a calm pool of water will simultaneously raise waves and lower troughs between them, and this alternation of high and low points in the water will radiate outward until the movement dissipates and the pool is calm once more. Yin and yang thus are always opposite and equal qualities. Further, whenever one quality reaches its peak, it will naturally begin to transform into the opposite quality: for example, grain that reaches its full height in summer (fully yang) will produce seeds and die back in winter (fully yin) in an endless cycle.

It is impossible to talk about yin or yang without some reference to the opposite, since yin and yang are bound together as parts of a mutual whole (e.g. you cannot have the back of a hand without the front). A way to illustrate this idea is to postulate the notion of a race with only men or only women; this race would disappear in a single generation. Yet, men and women together create new generations that allow the race they mutually create (and mutually come from) to survive. The interaction of the two gives birth to things.[4] Yin and yang transform each other: like an undertow in the ocean, every advance is complemented by a retreat, and every rise transforms into a fall. Thus, a seed will sprout from the earth and grow upwards towards the sky – an intrinsically yang movement. Then, when it reaches its full potential height, it will fall.
So you predict two things from this. One is that these games may have Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem reforming into one being, which would give the return of emptiness. Another possibility is that Team Plasma is simply attempting to do this and you stop them because doing so would destroy the natural cycles in the world.

Could something along the lines of this be added to the first post?

- All we know about the games at the moment is the approximate release dates and that Kyurem Black and Kyurem White (for that's their names, it is confirmed) are in them.

This is probably a little too harsh and it's not 100% certain, so it would probably not be worth it to put it in the first post, but I have hopes of somebody reading it anyway:

- As far as typing and base stats go, it's been speculated to death already. Unless you're an exceptionally good post writer, you'll add NOTHING to the thread by commenting on the horrible defensive capabilities of Ice/Fire or STAB BoltBeam of Ice/Electric. Triple typing is NOT going to happen, the current coding doesn't allow it.

- N will not be the main character of the games. The main character has always had as little back story as possible, because YOU are implied to be in it. Playing as N would also remove the staple choice of playing as a boy or a girl, something that has been in the games since Crystal.

- We're still mid-generation. There will be no entirely new Pokémon, moves, hold items, abilities and most likely no new regions. Expect no new major game mechanics either.

- As far as we know, this will be released on the DS only. Stop whining.

- 60-something people are probably viewing this thread as you read this. No need to comment on it, it was 340 while the show aired.

- The game logos contain red and blue, like sapphires and rubies. Or like fire and electric sparks. Or the main colours of Tentacool, we honestly have no idea what it's supposed to mean. Apart from the Tentacool thing, this has been argued back and forth to no avail for two days now. Try pointing it out once more and see if something happens.
These are direct sequels to a Pokemon game, which never happens. Your arguments are invalid. This is anarchy.

So you predict two things from this. One is that these games may have Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem reforming into one being, which would give the return of emptiness. Another possibility is that Team Plasma is simply attempting to do this and you stop them because doing so would destroy the natural cycles in the world.
Would make sense. I'd bet more on the second option though. Maybe Team Plasma already has Kyurem, the 'body', and they need Reshiram and Zekrom to fuse together with it, but they only are able to get one, which warps Kyurem into the new forms? Maybe then we have to capture said form to keep it from rampaging due to the unfamiliar power coursing through it?

Most likely not.

Also, I think we should take into account the fact that Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem are based off ying, yang and the absence of the two, wuji. Could these new Legendary Pokemon have anything to do with this subject?
It's a fact that Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem are based off of this subject. So I would say definitely. Like many people have said, Kyurem is the leftovers of the dragon that Reshiram and Zekrom came from.

My Theory is that Kyurem acts as a skeleton, hence why reshiram and zekrom can't go back together whenever. Also, have you noticed that most of Kyurem is on the left of Reshiram and on the right of Zekrom? Maybe when Zekrom and Reshiram combine completely most of Kyurem will not even be seen.

Also I think why people are calling them fusions is because Reshiram/Zekrom and Kyurem are, in a way, fusing together.

Another idea, maybe Z & R were naturally coming back together, but Plasma tries to prevent it for some reason by fusing them with Kyurem.

It's a fact that Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem are based off of this subject. So I would say definitely. Like many people have said, Kyurem is the leftovers of the dragon that Reshiram and Zekrom came from.

My Theory is that Kyurem acts as a skeleton, hence why reshiram and zekrom can't go back together whenever. Also, have you noticed that most of Kyurem is on the left of Reshiram and on the right of Zekrom? Maybe when Zekrom and Reshiram combine completely most of Kyurem will not even be seen.

Also I think why people are calling them fusions is because Reshiram/Zekrom and Kyurem are, in a way, fusing together.
Exactly. But it would probably be an unnatural fusion. Or maybe Kyurem itself is attempting to fuse its' body back together, and the only dragon it can find is what says what form it can turn into? Especially if it goes with the fact that Zekrom (White), and Reshiram (Black) are caught by the player, then the only dragon left will be the one fusing with Kyurem, unnaturally or otherwise.

Would make sense. I'd bet more on the second option though. Maybe Team Plasma already has Kyurem, the 'body', and they need Reshiram and Zekrom to fuse together with it, but they only are able to get one, which warps Kyurem into the new forms? Maybe then we have to capture said form to keep it from rampaging due to the unfamiliar power coursing through it?
It would to me as well, but one fact seems to negate this: the fact that it is a direct sequel and not a different version. If that is the case, that would mean N still has-or rather, has control- over reshiram/zekrom, while the main hero of B/W has the other. Perhaps N's dragon runs away, or is taken from him, thus creating kyurem's respective form? And in this case, that would require plasma to track down the original hero to complete their task...

It would to me as well, but one fact seems to negate this: the fact that it is a direct sequel and not a different version. If that is the case, that would mean N still has-or rather, has control- over reshiram/zekrom, while the main hero of B/W has the other. Perhaps N's dragon runs away, or is taken from him, thus creating kyurem's respective form? And in this case, that would require plasma to track down the original hero to complete their task...
Ghetsis might be tracking N down to enact revenge, perhaps. They've got the tech to mess with DNA, since Team Plasma were the ones who revived Genesect and gave it a cannon thing. There's just the problem for Ghetsis to track the dragons themselves down. He can't go after the player, for risk of being caught, so he'll go after N.

Ghetsis might be tracking N down to enact revenge, perhaps. They've got the tech to mess with DNA, since Team Plasma were the ones who revived Genesect and gave it a cannon thing. There's just the problem for Ghetsis to track the dragons themselves down. He can't go after the player, for risk of being caught, so he'll go after N.
So he goes after N, get's the dragon, re-creates the other dragon's DNA, and comes up with this horrible rampant mess? that's another possibility...

Another idea, maybe Z & R were naturally coming back together, but Plasma tries to prevent it for some reason by fusing them with Kyurem.
Kyurem is based on the absence of Yin (Zekrom) and Yang (Reshiram). Why would Plasma want to stop it? They are the bad guys.

Exactly. But it would probably be an unnatural fusion. Or maybe Kyurem itself is attempting to fuse its' body back together, and the only dragon it can find is what says what form it can turn into? Especially if it goes with the fact that Zekrom (White), and Reshiram (Black) are caught by the player, then the only dragon left will be the one fusing with Kyurem, unnaturally or otherwise.
I would think the 'fusion' would be more natural. Kyurem had been missing for a long time. I'm assuming that step one of plasma's plan was to get Reshiram/zekrom or both and step two was to get Kyurem. All they did was switch the steps.

I think it would make sense for plasma to somehow obtain N's dragon since that is the cover of the game. (Like how the cover pokemon switched is based on which dragon you versed. So if you bought White you would buy White 2)

So he goes after N, get's the dragon, re-creates the other dragon's DNA, and comes up with this horrible rampant mess? that's another possibility...
That's what I was saying before, except for the re-creating DNA thing. Or at least trying to say, might have worded it wrong. Ghetsis can't go after the player, Looker would be on him before he could do anything. And he can't hack into the PC boxes, as far as we know. So the only way to get Reshiram/Zekrom is to track N down and take it. And since Plasma revived Genesect, we know they have the tech to at least be able to fuse. Maybe the re-creating idea is what they're trying, but Kyurem doesn't accept the fake-dragon, only the real one?

I like these stats but I think one of those 130's should be a 150 to get it up to 680 BST like Reshiram and Zekrom.

At best, I think any new region we get will be like the Sevii Islands in FRLG.
what will happen if they eventually release the original dragon, assuming they do? will that reach 720 BST like Arceus, or maybe 700?

I highly doubt they will attempt to recreate the DNA. That seems more of a Rocket or galactic thing to do. They will probably get N's dragon which is why they switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)