Pokémon Minus - Street Pokémon with Mimic Glitch Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, his team has both Stealth Rock and Spikes on it. Did you miss that part?

Yah, shuffling isn't gonna work when any pokemon can have priority. Resisted Mach Punches OHKO Deoxys-S, so good luck trying that out when basically every pokemon has Extremespeed.

I think an all Mewtwo team sounds the most effective. It has the highest speed with decent bulk and already has a wide variety of moves to choose from for the 4th slot. Choiced it outspeeds everything it needs to for clean up except Ninjask after a boost who is OHKO'd by boosted E-speed anyway on the physical sets.

Again, like someone mentioned, Trick Room sounds like it would be very effective, but who's gonna be able to set that up in Mewtwo's face when it's got all those broken moves?

Shell Smash and Assist Power is a very good combo for sweeping also despite the resists and immunity (+6 in one turn gives it a very high base power), and Mewtwo is the strongest special attacker in the game.

Uh, his team has both Stealth Rock and Spikes on it. Did you miss that part?

Yah, shuffling isn't gonna work when any pokemon can have priority. Resisted Mach Punches OHKO Deoxys-S, so good luck trying that out when basically every pokemon has Extremespeed.

I think an all Mewtwo team sounds the most effective. It has the highest speed with decent bulk and already has a wide variety of moves to choose from for the 4th slot. Choiced it outspeeds everything it needs to for clean up except Ninjask after a boost who is OHKO'd by boosted E-speed anyway on the physical sets.

Again, like someone mentioned, Trick Room sounds like it would be very effective, but who's gonna be able to set that up in Mewtwo's face when it's got all those broken moves?

Shell Smash and Assist Power is a very good combo for sweeping also despite the resists and immunity (+6 in one turn gives it a very high base power), and Mewtwo is the strongest special attacker in the game.
Mewtwo gets outsped by opponent Choice users though. Also, if your entire team is Mewtwo, a single fast choice user, like Deoxys-A, can just use a single move to sweep (or sleep) the entire team.

breh

強いだね
with the hope taht none of your opponents' pokemon are ice types or have leftovers:

Abomasnow @ Anything (protect, Substitute, and Focus Punch seems best)
Liepard with assist and leftovers
lots of pokemon with whirwind and roar (deoxys S with Sleep Talk, Rest destiny bond, and Roar/WW I guess?)

*insert trollface here*

(also screw e-speed)

Wouldn't it be better to use Brave Bird over Bounce? Or, heck, even Drill Peck. Paralysis is generally helpful, but two-turn moves aren't exactly the most reliable.

Yes. Brave Bird+Crabhammer/Waterfall. Throw on EQ for coverage against 4 of the 5 resistors, and you have almost perfect coverage in 3 moves! (Wash rotom is the only resistor.)

You know with all of these posts suggesting move sets for Shedinja & Ninjask, I'm surprised that neither I nor anybody else didn't suggest one of the best physical Bug moves in the game: Attack Order. which is one of Vespiquen's three signature moves. Of course it's really easy to forgot about Vespiquen: a Bulky Bug/Flying type? Who debuted in the same Generation as Stealth Rock?

Although now that I think about it, Vespiqueen would be a solid Butterfly Dancer; she easily could raise her great Special Defense, half-good Special Attack, and her terrible speed, all at once.
Dancing Royalty:
Vespiqueen @ Leftovers/ Lum Berry/ Big Root
-Butterfly Dance
-Heal Order
-Bug Buzz
-Toxic/ Giga Drain/ Lava Plume/ Iron Denfense

Wait a minute! I'm going off topic! The Pokemon who I wanted to talk about were other Bugs.

Sgt. Pinsir's orders!
Pinsir @ Leftovers/ Big Root/ Life Orb
Abilities: Hyper Cutter/ Mold Breaker

-Swords Dance/ Coil Up
-Attack Order/ Megahorn
-Drain Punch/ Horn Leech/ Sacred Fire
-Crunch/ Stone Edge/ Earthquake/ Heal Order

Simple stuff here: Buff up Pinsir's Attack with Dance, Coil, or Change and then smash your foe with either Attack Order or Megahorn. The attack moves in the third spot are there for their secondary effects. Final slot is either a third coverage move or a recovery move like Heal Order. It should be noted that Coil Up/Gear Change are illegal with Horn Leech.

You know with all of these posts suggesting move sets for Shedinja & Ninjask, I'm surprised that neither I nor anybody else didn't suggest one of the best physical Bug moves in the game: Attack Order. which is one of Vespiquen's three signature moves. Of course it's really easy to forgot about Vespiquen: a Bulky Bug/Flying type? Who debuted in the same Generation as Stealth Rock?

Although now that I think about it, Vespiqueen would be a solid Butterfly Dancer; she easily could raise her great Special Defense, half-good Special Attack, and her terrible speed, all at once.
Dancing Royalty:
-Butterfly Dance
-Heal Order
-Bug Buzz
-Toxic/ Giga Drain/ Lava Plume/ Cotton Guard

Wait a minute! I'm going off topic! The Pokemon who I wanted to talk about were other Bugs.

Sgt. Pinsir's orders!
Pinsir @ Leftovers/ Big Root/ Life Orb
Abilities: Hyper Cutter/ Mold Breaker

-Swords Dance/ Coil Up
-Attack Order/ Megahorn
-Drain Punch/ Horn Leech/ Sacred Fire
-Crunch/ Stone Edge/ Earthquake/ Heal Order

Simple stuff here: Buff up Pinsir's Attack with Dance, Coil, or Change and then smash your foe with either Attack Order or Megahorn. The attack moves in the third spot are there for their secondary effects. Final slot is either a third coverage move or a recovery move like Heal Order. It should be noted that Coil Up/Gear Change are illegal with Horn Leech.
Sadly, BD is illegal with Cotton Guard.

Meganium w/ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/(do whatever necessary to balance out defenses)

-Cosmic Power
-Growth
-Assist Power
-Baton Pass

oh gawd. what have I DONE? Basically, have Meganium come in after something is dead, spam Cosmic Power, spam Growth(sun support people!), sweep with Assist Power. However, Meganium should not be selfish, spread the joy around with Baton Pass, enjoy everyone having +6 in Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef! OH YEAH!

Dancing Royalty:
-Butterfly Dance
-Heal Order
-Bug Buzz
-Toxic/ Giga Drain/ Lava Plume/ Iron Denfense
Seeing as Volcorona is already easily walled, I don't see Vespiquen do much with lower speed, lower sp.att., arguabbly worse typing, worse defense, etc. Heal Order is nice, but Volcorona still has Morning Sun (if you like being walled even harder).

Hmm, I think the idea for a Mimic Glitch Metagame is awesome, and something I've been wanting to try since the glitch was discovered. However, I really don't think making it an addon to 'Street Pokemon' is a good idea; anyone with any sense will be running a team of 4+ Sheer Cold Machamp with a few speedy Spore users etc. This prevents sets which are actually interesting and imaginative from being effective; what's the point in using Butterfly Dance Yanmega or Tail Glow Latios when you can just OHKO or Sleep everything in sight? Ironically, by allowing absolutely everything, we reduce diversity hugely, since Sheer Cold Machamp is so much better than EVERYTHING. For this reason, I'd suggest a ruleset of Sleep Clause and OHKO Clause to start, and if enough people are interested we should attempt to apply standard suspect testing to achieve playable, yet still highly diverse tiers. Attempting to create 'banced' tiers would of course be futile, but by removing those pokemon that are just ridiculously overpowered, we can promote the use of more creative, imaginative sets, which should be what this metagame is all about.
If we don't pointlessly restrict ourselves from creating any rules at all, then I would b'e very interested in playing this metagame.

EDIT: please ignore my use of apostrophes in the middle of the word 'be' in this post; my iPhone's autocorrect is shit.

Ironically, by allowing absolutely everything, we reduce diversity hugely, since Sheer Cold Machamp is so much better than EVERYTHING.
Weavile used Protect!
Weavile used Copycat!

I don't think this metagame will be as simple as people expect. People value mega-offense but it's niche moves like Me First and Copycat that could really dominate.

street pokemon= no rules. balance is not our concern.
I'm aware of that. I don't care about balance, I care about playability. Like I said, when you've got a reasonably bulky pokemon who can OHKO almost any pokemon (and Sturdy mons can usually be 2HKO'd or have their ability nullified with any of Champ's free moveslots), then there's no point in running anything mildly creative or exploring other options. Yes, Machamp is stoppable, but this reduces the metagame to Machamp/Machamp counter. Literally, if you're not running (several) Machamp, you're putting yourself at a pointless disadvantage. If you're not running (several) Machamp counters, unless your opponent is crap, you're going to lose. Similarly, everything having access to Spore and a lack of Sleep Clause means that setup sweepers are basically useless. These along with the other few incredibly broken strategies will only serve to turn this metagame into a crapshoot of speed ties and sleep turns. This is directly prohibitive to the purpose of implementing the Mimic glitch - promoting extreme diversity etc. To me, mimic glitch pokemon is awesome. Street pokemon is a bit meh to me, but I can see the appeal. Street + Mimic, however, is just doomed to fail. I think it would be a far better idea to drop the whole 'street pokemon' side of this and simply implement a mimic glitch metagame. If we remove the 'street' part of the equation we achieve a far more diverse and interesting metagame. There isn't really any special link between Street and Mimic Glitch metagames, so there's no reason the latter shouldn't exist without the former, especially when it is guaranteed to be a far superior metagame.

tl;dr: Street Pokemon sucks. Mimic Glitch pokemon pwns. Let's just do the latter without the former.

If you disagree with this, can you please share with me ANY advantage Street has over non-Street in a Mimic Glitch metagame?

I clearly said "with the ubiquity of Spore in this meta", implying that I was referring to a sleep talk set.
It's "swimming goggles" all over again.

I'm aware of that. I don't care about balance, I care about playability. Like I said, when you've got a reasonably bulky pokemon who can OHKO almost any pokemon (and Sturdy mons can usually be 2HKO'd or have their ability nullified with any of Champ's free moveslots). Yes, Machamp is stoppable, but this reduces the metagame to Machamp/Machamp counter
Let the metagame exist before saying that.

Did you even consider my previous post? Many niche moves wreck OU strategies, but are rare or handed out to bad pokemon, more often than not - stick them on the main players and things change. When everything can use Disable, Copycat, Me First, etc., things aren't so clearly defined.

I clearly said "with the ubiquity of Spore in this meta", implying that I was referring to a sleep talk set.
Protip: in future, it helps if you actually say what you mean instead of leaving vague interpretive clues and hoping we figure it out.
Also in any case, Sleep Talk malfunctions with Choice items.

EDIT: @NDenizen: that may be so, but by restricting ourselves from implementing any clauses or bans, we basically doom the metagame to fail. It would be acceptable to start with no rules/bans/clauses, but disallowing any from being added thereafter is just a terrible idea in such a naturally broken metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)