Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Fennekin evolves into a witch, then maybe it will be Fire/Fairy? Chespin into Grass/Steel and Froakie Water/Fighting, that way they'll have a type that helps them fight their counter-starter. Psychic/Dark/Fighting works too but as it is now, Chespiñata looks nothing like a future dark type, and Fairy fits the magic thingy more than Psychic.

If Fennekin evolves into a witch, then maybe it will be Fire/Fairy? Chespin into Grass/Steel and Froakie Water/Fighting, that way they'll have a type that helps them fight their counter-starter. Psychic/Dark/Fighting works too but as it is now, Chespiñata looks nothing like a future dark type, and Fairy fits the magic thingy more than Psychic.
As stated previously, Chespin would have no way to hit Fennekin super-effectively, making this triangle unlikely. The only other one that would work is Fire/Psychic, Water/Poison, Grass/Dark. In this way, each of the starters can hit the other for SE damage, but remain weak to the original Fire/Water/Grass triangle.

I don't know, Fennekin being able to learn psychic, psybeam, psyshock naturally....it seems more likely to be fire/psychic than any other type no matter the broom like design.

As stated previously, Chespin would have no way to hit Fennekin super-effectively, making this triangle unlikely. The only other one that would work is Fire/Psychic, Water/Poison, Grass/Dark. In this way, each of the starters can hit the other for SE damage, but remain weak to the original Fire/Water/Grass triangle.
Poison doesn't hit Dark super effectively.

Witches look into crystal balls. Psychics look into crystal balls. Witches move objects with their magic. Psychics move objects with their mind.
Psychic confirmed. Hoenn confirmed. MegaMewtwo Z confirmed.

@above, it hits grass SE

My reactions to the CoroCoro leak:

Fennekin stands on 2 legs now--I immediately started to panic that it will become another Fire/Fighting -.-
I noticed the dowsing stick and I'm able to keep hope that it will be Fire/Psychic or Fire/Fairy

Mega Garchomp looks absolutely AMAZING!!! I just really hope that he doesn't go back to ubers with an ability like Sand Force and higher stats.....

I definitely called there being a poodle in XY. Torimain fits that bill quite nicely.

Also, the fact that Geomancy, Oblivion Wing, and Parting Shot's type have all been revealed and now are classified as '???' pretty much confirms dual-type moves.

Witches look into crystal balls. Psychics look into crystal balls. Witches move objects with their magic. Psychics move objects with their mind.
Psychic confirmed. Hoenn confirmed. MegaMewtwo Z confirmed.

@above, it hits grass SE
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a reverse triangle?

My m
Dark is resisted by itself, fighting, and fairy.
My mistake but fairy is neutral to fairy and steel is neutral to dark. So now fairy/dark has great coverage hittings everything se or neutral dmg.

Im hoping the ivs will be the same in gen vi seeing as how breeding rng was nigh impossible in bw2. Im going to get a jump on hp dark eevee : )

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a reverse triangle?
Considering that the whole point of having a reverse triangle is that each starter can hit both of the others, I don't think so. At this point, Psychic/Dark/Fighting is all but confirmed (and I love it), but Poison is a possibility.

Considering that the whole point of having a reverse triangle is that each starter can hit both of the others, I don't think so. At this point, Psychic/Dark/Fighting is all but confirmed (and I love it), but Poison is a possibility.
But... assuming Water/Poison Froakie3 against Grass/Dark Chespin3, Chespin3 can't hit Froakie3 with either stab for SE damage. Seems it gets the short end of Fennekin2's stick :/

T Rex gets killed by meteor mash too :P Anyway, I'm quite certain that chespin3 won't be like chespin2 in appearance.What will happen if we get a megakyogre with adaptability and higher spA??? kyogre brings drizzle.mega evolve.spam surf/water spout.gg

Just to clear up some confusion I saw a while back, the FEMALE meowstick is the attacker while the MALE is the supporter. I understand that it's easy to mix them up, but please, GF didn't want these 2 to fall into stereotypes, obviously.

Also, loving how the "alpaca/goat" is actually a poodle. GF strikes again.

Just an interesting thought: if the type chart provided is 100% correct, this means that Fairy+Dark has ABSOLUTE perfect coverage.
Thoughts?

If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
It seems this part of the rumor got mixed up since MMY is clearly the one that looks more like Mew and MMX clearly looks more like Mewtwo. I wonder how that happened?

EDIT: Oh yea, I'm totally nicknaming my Rock/Dragon T-Rex Chomper.

Okay, just a comment regarding everyone trying to come up with a secondary triangle: The only reason we have to believe that their secondary typings create a balanced triangle is because of the leak. Previous generations have NOT followed this pattern! Empoleon's STAB couldn't hit Torterra super effective in Gen IV when each starter had a secondary typing. The leak has been almost entirely accurate to this point, so we can either: A) accept the leak and secondary types and stop speculating, or B) disregard this aspect and acknowledge that a secondary triangle which is balanced with the primary types isn't likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)