Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yin/Yang isn't good and evil, though. It merely represents the balance of things, it's just westerners tend to associate things like death and life, bad and good, etc, with Yin and Yang.

^Does that even exist as part of that belief system? I know that it doesn't have to for GF to include it, but the whole point of Yin/Yang is that they neutralize each other, obviating the need for a third, neutral entity. Otherwise, we would just have a repeat of the Hoenn story (2 opposing forces that require a tertiary participant to quell).
Well one of them is the Ying Pokemon, and the other is the Yang Pokemon

Just saying that a Ying Yang Pokemon is possible. a true neutral. Doesn't necessarily have to be a neutralizer in the sense Rayquaza was.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yin-Yang doesn't work with good/evil, that's a Western concept.

And I cannot remember that third element, but besides it, they could also work with the idea of emptiness, dormancy. Nothingness.

And I cannot remember that third element, but besides it, they could also work with the idea of emptiness, dormancy. Nothingness.
Well, okay, let's put good and evil aside then.

Yin Yang is just opposing forces in general and how they're interconnected, right?

So they could still have a specific Yin Yang pokemon with, what, a split personality?
interconnected differences?

Like if Reshiram represents nature and Zekrom technology, there could be a third that's them interconnected

something like that

Fun aside, Looking up yin yang on wiki...
Yang, by contrast, is fast, hard, solid, focused, hot, dry, or aggressive; and is associated with fire, sky, the sun, masculinity and daytime.
So that's why Reshiram is fire type, I guess.
more you know

(yin seems to be associated with water, but I guess hydroelectric power doesn't really mesh will with technology as electricity and also the third water/dragon type)

But by that logic Arceus and Regigigas control four.
Not an issue IMO, just as it's not an issue for a Pokemon to rule two trios (6).
If a Pokemon heads a group of three related Pokemon it's a Trio master according to my understanding.
So I wouldn't care, for example, if it wanted to boss around a duo on the side much less itself.
I know that it might seem weird but for me there is a great distinction between "three" and "three and only three".

EDIT: In actual definitions anyway...don't hold your breath for me to pay you more than owed :P

A thought.

Gen 1
Mewtwo

Gen 2
Lugia
Ho-Oh

Gen 3
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza

Gen4
Palkia
Dialga
Giratina
Arceus

Gen 5
5 epic legendaries.

Mario With Lasers

Well, okay, let's put good and evil aside then.

Yin Yang is just opposing forces in general and how they're interconnected, right?

So they could still have a specific Yin Yang pokemon with, what, a split personality?
interconnected differences?

Like if Reshiram represents nature and Zekrom technology, there could be a third that's them interconnected

something like that
...Or they could also go with the Ouroboros.

And it's a dragon! =D

I wasn't assuming good/evil, just opposites.

I did a little research on wikipedia, and the only other mention of something related is the emptiness or dormancy that you speak of. Yin and Yang supposedly arise from this state of calm and continue to circle until it is once again achieved (a still pond will produce waves when a rock is dropped into it, but the waves eventually subside and a still pond remains). I'm not sure how this could be incorporated as a third legendary, though.

Mario With Lasers

I wasn't assuming good/evil, just opposites.

I did a little research on wikipedia, and the only other mention of something related is the emptiness or dormancy that you speak of. Yin and Yang supposedly arise from this state of calm and continue to circle until it is once again achieved (a still pond will produce waves when a rock is dropped into it, but the waves eventually subside and a still pond remains). I'm not sure how this could be incorporated as a third legendary, though.
Maybe a... Dragon/??? pokémon ?_?

But I'm sure there's a third something to the yin-yang concept, and I"ll remember it someday. Someday.

If this guy is Fire/Electric type, I am pretty sure that would meet our requirement of having a Yin/Yang pokemon, as it would share a type with both of the cover legendaries and may have some sort of controlling or calming nature to them sort of like the pixie trio in Diamond/Pearl had on Dialga/Palkia/Giratina.

Dude the ouroboros seems like the only that could work. I definately think that will be the third guy

then again, that pixie thing that could be electric fire could also be it...

and i hope it gets zap cannon and nitro charge :)

People have wondered how a third Pokemon will fit into the Yin/Yang theme, since Yin and Yang by definition neutralize each other. Have we considered that Pokemon #3 is malevolent, and Reshiram and Zekrom have to create a Taijitu-like alliance to stop it?

yan and yang:we all know about it.

tajitu:reached its own limit.

wuji: do not posess a limit, thus can become greater then all the others.

wu wei: its only capable of watching, does not do anything else.

no i dindt bother to read those on wiki, those were the first thoughs i had when saw those mentions and i must say....gamefreak got potential there for 3 awesome pokemons.

I wonder why they let Gotchi be male & female.

Ignoring the whole feminine look thing and also the name having "mademoiselle" as part of its base (...I think), but aren't Gothic Lolitas, uh, almost always female?
maybe it has a higher rate of being female than male like we saw in most vids it was female and then in 1 vid it's male.:nerd:

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
So much theorymoning, and just on the basis for the other legends! It'd be just like GF to go with the yin/yang theme for the others, and if they devote so much as half the effort as everyone here, we should have some epic legendaries on our hands.

More information on the orange, blue-eyed rodent would be nice, maybe it serves as the "balancing" aspect to Reshiram/Zekrom (it would if it turned out to be Fire/Electric).

By the way, in the first video on Pokebeach, who else noticed the starters were being kept in a gift-wrapped box with no holes in it? How inhumane... poor little guys.

EDIT: lolligoth can be male because GF is a professional trap troll.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
A thought.

Gen 1
Mewtwo
Zapdos
Moltres
Articuno
Mew

Gen 2
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Celebii

Gen 3
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Regice
Registeel
Regirock
Jirachi?

Gen4
Palkia
Dialga
Giratina
Arceus
Azelf
Uxie
Mesprit
Heatran
Regigigas
Phione?

Gen 5
5 epic legendaries.
and probably more, but it's late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)