Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I recall hearing from a friend Golduck evolving along with the "humanoid trio" (Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar) would make sense, so I actually wouldn't discard this rumor yet. However, I find it very strange there is no mention to Mr. Mime... I mean, Jynx/Buzz/Magmar are a trio, but Jynx/Mime are a duo too. Check by yourselves.

It sounds very suspicious to me. A Jynx evolution, after the huge controversy the pokemon created before? That sounds doubtful to me.
Lol Porygon got two.

so let me see if i get right. ho-oh theme is named Brave Heart? that is horrible. the theme of the first season of digimon was named brave heart, what a damn ripoff.
Lol no, I meant the lyrics of the music matched perfectly with Ho-oh, specially since HGSS got released (Ho-oh getting Brave Bird and all).

I'm pretty sure. I just carefully watched the video where they have the full triple battle and Chillarmy's HP doesn't change when Munna uses Telekinesis on it.

I did notice, however, that when Mijumaru uses Surf, its allies are hit before the opponents. I'm guessing this is going to be true for all such attacks (Earthquake, Explosion, etc.) and it's quite a departure from Gen 4. I think it's a good change overall, but I'll miss the being able to determine relative Speed stats from such moves.
Well, shit. Telekinesis seems less awesome to me now.

And I don't play Doubles since Advance, but wouldn't your allies being hit first in the video mean now they take every pokémon's Speed stat into account?

Speed has nothing to do with how fast the Pokemon can run (it's not perfectly represented by agility either but it's closer). Munchlax has a Base Speed of 5 and can run almost as fast as a human. Here's what I think the stats are based off of.

HP: constitution, stamina
Atk: strength
Def: hardness, toughness
SpAtk: inteligence (oftentimes not anywhere close but overall it is)
SpDef: wisdom, resisting mind-affecting powers (nothing can really mimic what SpDef does but this is close)
Spe: dexterity, agility

The first person who identifies where the first word from each is from gets a cookie.
KOTOR stole it from Dungeons&Dragons.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
KOTOR stole it from Dungeons&Dragons.
Well, I don't think 'stole' is the right word. KOTOR used the entire d20 system, so they must have either had permission from Wizards of the Coast or were using it under the provisions of the open Game System license.

Well, shit. Telekinesis seems less awesome to me now.
Really? I think it's more useful since you'll be able to hit your allies with it without dealing damage. I'm looking forward to having a Ninetales or Infernape that's immune to both Water and Ground.

And I don't play Doubles since Advance, but wouldn't your allies being hit first in the video mean now they take every pokémon's Speed stat into account?
I don't understand your question. What's your reasoning? The order of Speed in the first round is: Chillarmy, Tsutaaja, Pokabu, Kibago, and Munna (Team A's Pokémon in bold). Mijumaru's turn came after Chillarmy because of After You, so we don't know how fast it is, but it's the one using Surf so it doesn't matter. Kibago's turn isn't shown, but if you look at the HP bars, you can tell that it hit Tsutaaja with an attack between Pokabu and Munna's turns.

It's a shame that you haven't played doubles since Adv, though. They're much better in 4th gen.

Mario With Lasers

I don't understand your question. What's your reasoning? The order of Speed in the first round is: Chillarmy, Tsutaaja, Pokabu, Kibago, and Munna (Team A's Pokémon in bold). Mijumaru's turn came after Chillarmy because of After You, so we don't know how fast it is, but it's the one using Surf so it doesn't matter. Kibago's turn isn't shown, but if you look at the HP bars, you can tell that it hit Tsutaaja with an attack between Pokabu and Munna's turns.

It's a shame that you haven't played doubles since Adv, though. They're much better in 4th gen.
Wait, I got lost here. From your last post, I understood that, in 4th gen, target-all moves used to hit the opponents first (starting by the fastest one), and then your ally. And now, in B/W, your allies are hit first and then the opponents. That's when I asked if the change was actually that now, instead of "opponents then allies" or "allies then opponents", it would drop the HP bar of all pokémon by Speed order, not mattering the side they were on.

Speed has nothing to do with how fast the Pokemon can run (it's not perfectly represented by agility either but it's closer). Munchlax has a Base Speed of 5 and can run almost as fast as a human. Here's what I think the stats are based off of.

HP: constitution, stamina
Atk: strength
Def: hardness, toughness
SpAtk: inteligence (oftentimes not anywhere close but overall it is)
SpDef: wisdom, resisting mind-affecting powers (nothing can really mimic what SpDef does but this is close)
Spe: dexterity, agility

The first person who identifies where the first word from each is from gets a cookie.
GAH, too late to get the cookie. XP

Anyway, my thoughts are as is:
Hit Points: General bulk, stamina, often related to size/volume (though not so much mass).
Attack: Physical strength in relation to melee attacks and such, power, etc.
Defense: Again, hardness, possibly mass, shuckle may be insanely hard but can only take so many hits. Diamond=high defense, giant marshmallow= high HP.
(Now for the controversial ones.)
Special Attack: I generally think of it as everything else related to attacking besides brute force, including skill, intelligence, "magic", and projectile based things.
Special Defense: This is the fuzziest one for me, going with the wisdom thing, it could represent a sort of Zen-like resistance to attacks (pain); or being able/having the skill to take indirect hits effectively, or "magic" defense. Since Special was originally to cover everything not related to Attack/Defense, and Sp. Atk is everything that is not covered by Attack, then Sp. Def should be everything not covered by defense or the counter to everything not covered by Attack.
Speed: I would just go with the agility thing here, it seems to work.

Also, I generally like to think of the pokedex entries as accurate as they seem to make sense to me. (Try me.) For example, you could imagine T-tar destroying mountains and pidgeot flying ridiculously fast if you moved the window for the power level up a little bit.

Now to be on topic, I believe that eh allies were always the ones hit first, but I may be uninformed...

The golduck evo sounds like a load of shit to me. But Jynx isn't all that crazy considering she's apart of Magmar and Electabuzz trio/family, and they got evos so she should already have one from 4th gen.
People keep saying this, but I've never seen Jynx as part of their little "Group"

She and Mr. Mime always seemed like counterparts, not Jynx Electabuzz & Magmortar.

People keep saying this, but I've never seen Jynx as part of their little "Group"

She and Mr. Mime always seemed like counterparts, not Jynx Electabuzz & Magmortar.
Well Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar are definitely a trio. On top of being next to each other in the Pokedex (Mime is a Scyther away), they were the only Pokemon to learn the elemental punches via level-up bar Hitmonchan. And of course, they're all "humanoid", but that doesn't exclude Mr. Mime. Also their order in the pokedex matches up with the legendary birds, Ice-Electric-Fire.

Not so fast on the trio...which two pokemon were version exclusives in the original Red and Blue? Oh yeah, that was Magmar and Electabuzz.

And which two pokemon had to be traded for in-game? That would be Jynx and Mr. Mime.

There is a much stronger relationship between Jynx and Mr. Mime than there is between Jynx and Magmar and Electabuzz.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wait, I got lost here. From your last post, I understood that, in 4th gen, target-all moves used to hit the opponents first (starting by the fastest one), and then your ally. And now, in B/W, your allies are hit first and then the opponents. That's when I asked if the change was actually that now, instead of "opponents then allies" or "allies then opponents", it would drop the HP bar of all pokémon by Speed order, not mattering the side they were on.
No, other way around. In 4th gen, moves like that hit in Speed order, regardless of team affiliation. In 5th gen, it looks like your allies simultaneously get hit first.

But did you see Jynx and Mr. Mime get pre-evo's in 2nd gen? Are Jynx and Mr. Mime adjacent in the pokedex? No, both of those are Electabuzz and Magmar. They are a trio (in my mind at least) because of the reasons Chateau stated AND that the three of them got pre-evos in GSC. IIRC, the only other pre-evo in GSC was Tyrouge. The only thing in common between Jynx and Mr. Mime is that they had to be traded for in-game in RBY, and the same can be said of Lickitung and Farfetch'd.

Well Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar are definitely a trio. On top of being next to each other in the Pokedex (Mime is a Scyther away),
Meanwhile Scyther & Pinsir are a Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar away.

But look at it this way.

Both are humanoids (far far far more so then Electabuzz and Magmar; seriously how are they humanoid at all, beyond Electabuzz having good posture).
Both are psychic types.
Both are found only through in-game trades (Well, originally, of course)
Taking a 4 steps back, one is decidedly masculine (probably why he was called MR. Mime), and the other is feminine

And now the two of them only have pre-evos

So the only thing "connecting" them is Pokedex order (which means absolutely nothing; several pairs are separated by varying Pokemon), having the Punches, and the three of them getting pre-evos (as did 4 other Pokemon).

On a side note, Smoochum doesn't even get Ice Punch, while Magby & Elekid got their punches.
IIRC, the only other pre-evo in GSC was Tyrouge.
wat

Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff.

Well, considering Jynx/Electabuzz/Magmar were the original trio before Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, it makes sense that they'd have a baby and an evolution.

I don't get Golduck, though; could someone explain that to me?

Well, considering Jynx/Electabuzz/Magmar were the original trio before Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, it makes sense that they'd have a baby and an evolution.
People keep saying this, but I've never seen proof of it unlesss you really want to push forward Pokedex order.

Taking a 4 steps back, one is decidedly masculine (probably why he was called MR. Mime), and the other is feminine
I might just pick this apart:

Mr. Mime's Japanese name is Barrierd, which obviously has no gender connotations whatsoever. That was just an addition by the English translators.

I might just pick this apart:

Mr. Mime's Japanese name is Barrierd, which obviously has no gender connotations whatsoever. That was just an addition by the English translators.
No duh.

That doesn't stop Mimiered from being a masculine looking Pokemon. I said that I meant why the localization team.

Mario With Lasers

Jynx is a trio with Buzz/Magmar as they all had the Elemental Punches in RBY and got pre-evos together in GSC, but she's also a duo with Mr. Mime due to their BST. Go check it, both in RBY and GSC, Buzz and Magmar have pretty close BSTs (490/495), while Jynx and Mime are a few numbers behind (455/460).

They probably preferred to not evolve Jynx in DPPt due to her being part of two different groups, and one of those groups (Mr. Mime) being behind her in family size. So they went and evolved Buzz/Magmar, gave a pre-evo to Mr. Mime and called it a day. Next time, they will evolve both Mr. Mime and Jynx together.

And lol just look at that, Golduck's BST is 500, it's an "elemental typing", and it got Cross Chop with Electabuzz and Magmar in GSC...

The rumor's starting to make a lot of sense..

No, other way around. In 4th gen, moves like that hit in Speed order, regardless of team affiliation. In 5th gen, it looks like your allies simultaneously get hit first.
Aaaaah, I remember it now, it was mentioned somewhere that damage would be dealt simultaneously. I see what you meant now.

The whole "duo/trio" thing tends to get shaken up anyway, given that going by the Sinnoh Pokedex Honchkrow/Mismagius and Mr. Mime/Sudowoodo are paired up.

I am cautiously enthused about the Golduck evo. He's not something that stands out much, but I'd like to avoid another Water/Psychic.

duos/trios can be anyone's guess in 5th gen. Like how Sudowoodo and Mr. Mime both got pre-evos, and misdreavus and murkrow are the two dusk stone evos. heck they could even make mawile and sabelye get evos through something like the mt. coronet method.

on the golduck evo, if it does happen it will probably be a water/psychic type (it's pokedex entry keeps ranting about how it has "psychic powers" but it's not a psychic type....), perhaps the first physical attacking one? i would much prefer it stay as a water type though, maybe increase it's BST by about 40, and redistribute the stats a bit like scyther/scizor, since as it stands it's just an incredibly average pokemon stat-wise.

wow i was ninjaed on the golduck thing by 30 seconds...........

What does Mr. Mine, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar have to do with anything
Rumor about Jynx and Golduck evolutions. People are connecting them to Electabuzz and Magmar (the rumor said it was via Booster items), and other people are connecting Jynx to Mr. Mime and are like wtf Golduck? (I'm in the latter group)

Have people forgotten that Gallade exists? (in response to all those saying that Golduck may be the first Physical Psychic if it gets an evo). Golduck would probably be more of a mixed sweeper if it evolved.

Ahhhh I can't wait for the "Arceus" of the generation to be reveiled. I have an animation I'm working on that will be a fight scene between Deoxsy and said legendary. How long do you think it will be before it's leaked/reveiled? How long did it take Arceus to be showen in 4th gen?

Have people forgotten that Gallade exists? (in response to all those saying that Golduck may be the first Physical Psychic if it gets an evo). Golduck would probably be more of a mixed sweeper if it evolved.
first physical water/Psychic. based on what golduck's stats are though the mix sweeper idea is pretty much a given (assuming no Base stat rearranging goes on)

@-FUCK-

i'm pretty sure Arceus wasn't leaked until people hacked into the game's coding and discovered it. then GF said nothing until movie 12 came out where they "revealed" what arceus was, and gave away the special arceus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)