Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering their various types, I hope we now will consider each form of Rotom as seperate Pokemon instead of merely "Rotom-A"
As far as species clause goes, Smogon will almost certainly consider them the same species. Shaymin and Shaymin-S are considered the same species despite their different types. Wormadam-Grass, Wormadam-Ground and Wormadam-Steel are considered the same species despite their different types. They may each be tiered based on their own merits though. An UU Rotom forme would be very interesting.

As far as species clause goes, Smogon will almost certainly consider them the same species. Shaymin and Shaymin-S are considered the same species despite their different types. Wormadam-Grass, Wormadam-Ground and Wormadam-Steel are considered the same species despite their different types. They may each be tiered based on their own merits though. An UU Rotom forme would be very interesting.
Hard to imagine the Flying form not being UU. The Grass form might also end up UU.

Holy shit guys. Spin blocking will no longer be possible with the "Aiming Mark" item. I can totally just slap that on a foretress and drop payback now!

FUCK YES

Any thoughts on Shanderaa's getting Nitro Charge? With a bit of Speed investment it'll get the jump on most Choice Scarf Pokemon, though just how much Speed it needs will depend on the amount of 100+ Base Speed Pokemon that regularly use a Choice Scarf. With its STABs and HP Fighting (no Focus Blast, unfortunately) its only safe switch-ins are Blissey and possibly T-tar, though I'm too lazy to run damage calcs on HP Fighting. I know though that a Life Orb Flash Fire Fire Blast should 2HKO most Blissey. Can't wait to try this thing out!

Feraligatr can't wait for Swimming Goggles so it can finally stop being Gyarados Lite. Swords Dance Aqua Tail, plus Gyara can't do much on the special side at base 60 whereas 79 is good enough when Hydro Pump, Blizzard, and Focus Blast are accurate moves.

Too bad my own in-game Feraligatr has awful Special Attack (24/31/27/0-4/31/31, didn't even bother checking exact SA since in fourth-gen it didn't matter), but at least she'll still be able to do Swords Dance Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, and whatever else I decide to use instead of having to Dragon Dance for them.

Considering the sheer amount of Pokemon and the massive power creep in the 5th Gen, I would not be surprised to see region-specific side metagames popping up. They already have among less seirous plaers in 4th gen, so...

There's a SEQ_BGM_VS_SHIRONA in the ROM(Which sounds like the DP Champion theme) together with the other battle tunes(note: there's a separate SEQ_BGM_VS_CHAMP in there too). Shirona = Cynthia, right? Perhaps she makes an appearance? I don't think there has been any mention of her being in the game.

I also have to say they went for a different style for the music in these games.

haunter

Banned deucer.
The dream word new abilities are incredbile, Ninetales got Drought, Politoed got Drizzle, Blaziken got Speed Boost. Is Serebii confirmed to be accurate?

There's a SEQ_BGM_VS_SHIRONA in the ROM(Which sounds like the DP Champion theme) together with the other battle tunes(note: there's a separate SEQ_BGM_VS_CHAMP in there too). Shirona = Cynthia, right? Perhaps she makes an appearance? I don't think there has been any mention of her being in the game.

I also have to say they went for a different style for the music in these games.
Did you completely miss the news that you can battle Cynthia in the post game? Updated team and everything.

So...dreamworld gives out some f'd up abilities... -__-
Nintales is getting drought (wtf)
Politoed is getting drizzle (holy shit)
Blaziken is getting speed boost (ohai Infernape)
Breloom is getting Technician (CB or Sword Dance with Mach Punch rofl)

Blaziken with Speed Boost? And it already learns Baton Pass, so nobody need ever use that piece of shit Ninjask again.

Infernape did get Iron Fist though and also Gliscor getting Poison Heal is interesting, also Magic Guard Alakazam its still frail isn't bad, Shadow tag going to two regulars is annoying.

Also does Lightning Rod now provide an immunity to electric because for some reason they gave it Seaking

Adatabilitly Crawdaunt Aqua Jets might give it a bit of a boost

The Dream world abilities are CRAZY.

Drizzle Politoed, Drought Ninetales, Element Absorb Legendary Beasts, SPEED BOOST BLAZIKEN, Technician Breloom, Cloud Nine Altaria, Guts Luxray, Thick Fat Mamoswine...

This is ridiculous!

So, with both Gothloli and Chandelier getting Shadow Tag, and Wobbuffet getting an alt ability, I foresee a switch from Wobbs in Ubers to there just being a Shadow Tag clause. Thoughts?

Breloom with STAB-Technician Mach Punch? Loving it. If these new abilities aren't breedable, though, we have a serious issue with GF attempting to nerf quality breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)