Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, Bulbanews reports the anime is finally moving to Sunyshore. An episode that has Volkner's Japanese name in it is coming up, along with Flint.

In short, the anime has stopped stalling for time. After 40 episodes, Ash is getting his 8th Sinnoh badge.

This is a sign that the Sinnoh section of the anime is almost over. That in and of itself is a sign we've almost hit Region 5, as unless we just get a 6-month Johto Battle Frontier (or Ranger 3) filler season after Sinnoh, then we will soon.

Whatever happens, we'll find out on the 7th.

*crosses fingers*

I think in order to out do the legendaries of last gen who were uber powerful, Gamefreak will have to go back to the simplicity of gen 1 but with a twist. That's why I propose that the next legendary we will see will be:

Mewthree.

Yeh, I said it.

I think in order to out do the legendaries of last gen who were uber powerful, Gamefreak will have to go back to the simplicity of gen 1 but with a twist. That's why I propose that the next legendary we will see will be:

Mewthree.

Yeh, I said it.
Well, if they decided to do that, the least they could do is be cool and name it Mew-Z.

Mewthree.

Yeh, I said it.
mew's revolved form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (iono)
but it'd be hard to outpower them in terms of their powers in the anime (personally i think it'd be impossible, though they can make another pokemon on par with arceus i guess for that region) and well i really liked how the legendaries were like until second gen (guardians not SUPER DUPER GODLIES lol). Well, I'm sure either way, I will be surprised by the next gen :D

wow, my birthday is the big news day! Nintedndo just knows how awesome I am. Anywho, it would suck if this just turned out to be some suckish new spinoff gamefreak is doing, but I do think its generation 5, all the evidence points to it.

Yeah? All this talk of a Fifth Gen kinda scares me. I actually like the way gameplay is with sprites, but 3D? Well, I guess it makes sense...
But, if they do go with an 3D RPG to the main series, why not Remake Yellow completely in 3D with some function with the DSi's Camera?

All signs point to Gen5 to me. I'll be looking forward to some new pokes, although this announcement will SERIOUSLY blunt my excitement for the US HGSS release in March.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
They made the remake of an older gen and now its time to move on. Pokemon is ,most likely, Nintendo's biggest money maker.

from a companies view it makes no sense to stop a game that makes them filthy rich then. So to continue with the spin-offs/remakes/etc they need a new gen.

What really matters is how it effects the competitive aspects of the game.

god, please no hoenn remakes. except for emeralds battle frontier, hoenn was the most boring regions, worst music, etc.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
MarioWithLazers-
Oh fuck. I hope it's still abuseable in 5th Gen. HGSS was complicated, but still feasible, if they try to drastically change the algorithm, or increase the seeding speed (60Hz to... 1000Hz?), I'm gonna be fucked >_>
The one and only thing I dread. I'm looking forward to every other new feature. :)

@Jumpluff, I don't know I think the 3D modeling is pretty basic. It would be odd to hire people just for that. If Gamefreak doens't have a single person to make two 3D models that would definately be strange. Considering that they used 3D for objects in game as well I'm sure someone over there knows how to do it.

I could be wrong but it seems to me that they would be seeking employees who know how to work with 3D as they are going to be using it much more than before.

Cant wait for the game heard bout it on bulbagarden and serebbi cant wait for new features and definitly the competitive battling style

I'm with everyone who says we really don't need any more Pokemon. It was already hard enough countering everything this generation, it'll be impossible with 150 more. Another possibility that no ones brought up yet, is that this is still gen IV and that this will be the longest generation thus far. Either way I'm still looking forward to what it really turns out being.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
god, please no hoenn remakes. except for emeralds battle frontier, hoenn was the most boring regions, worst music, etc.
I'd not mind having a new version of the Regi's, Lilycove, Rival's and Deoxys's themes, though. And good old Contests.

No really, I'd buy a Ruby remake/sequel only for those.

I'd like to introduce you to another new Pokémon title, which should become one of the most anticipated Nintendo DS titles for this year. The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo have been developing a new Pokémon title with the aim to launch the software this year.

The cumulative global sales of all the Pokémon series software have reached 130 million. This new Pokémon software will become the first brand new Pokémon title in 4 years since Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which sold more than 5.8 million units in Japan, was launched.

Of course, this totally new Pokémon title will include new fields of adventure and a number of new Pokémons living there. As a totally new version, it will contain various unprecedented experiences.
Good find, Aura! I'm so excited I'm literally shivering ^^; When it's official I will let myself run around screaming.

@Jumpluff, I don't know I think the 3D modeling is pretty basic. It would be odd to hire people just for that. If Gamefreak doens't have a single person to make two 3D models that would definately be strange. Considering that they used 3D for objects in game as well I'm sure someone over there knows how to do it.

I could be wrong but it seems to me that they would be seeking employees who know how to work with 3D as they are going to be using it much more than before.
It's possible, but what I said is also quite possible as well! I'm hoping that, in CoroCoro or during Junichi Masuda's Pokémon Sunday appearance, we'll get some screenshots. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)