Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I don't understand Illusion (or Encourage for that matter). If it copies the second Pokemon in the party, but Jigglypuff would be the first Pokemon (using Serebii's example), then why would Zoroark copy Jigglypuff? I'm confused @_@.
Because if Jigglypuff is your lead and you switch into Zoroark, Jigglypuff becomes your second Pokémon.

...!

And to your opponent's eyes, WHICH WAS THE REAL JIGGLYPUFF??

I think if Zoroark does become a new popular lead, Fake Out leads will rise in usage since it'll break the Illusion (assuming any damage breaks it). I already use a Fake Out lead and probably will next gen unless some normal type with technician and a higher base Atk then Ambipom shows up.

Although I guess you can counter that by Illusioning(?) Lucario or Gallade since they have Steadfast or Crobat and Dragoninte since they have Inner Focus.

Because if Jigglypuff is your lead and you switch into Zoroark, Jigglypuff becomes your second Pokémon.

...!

And to your opponent's eyes, WHICH WAS THE REAL JIGGLYPUFF??
This got me thinking, what would happen in this scenario?

You lead with Gliscor with Scizor second in your party and Zoroark is third. You switch Gliscor with Zoroark so it copies Scizor, since it's second in your party. However, what if you had decided to switch to Scizor right off the bat (so Gliscor is now second in your party), and then switch to Zoroark? Gliscor's now the second Pokemon in your party, so it should get copied. Which means, that even if you know what Zoroark turns into at one point in the battle, you can never be sure that it will turn into something else. This means that the user of Zoroark wouldn't always be able to bluff effectively (due to SR damage, Intimidate, etc.) and the opponent wouldn't be able to tell if the Pokemon was actually Zoroark based on a past switch-in.

Also, you probably shouldn't put Zoroark in the second slot because whenever you switch it in the first time, your opponent will know something's up.

I didnt read the last 2 pages , so I don't really know if someone said this yet but anyway....

What do you guys think of the bee-honey whatever place that was?

It doesn't really have to be a gym...it could be something like Distortion world in Pt for Giratina or the tower where you catch rayquaza in emerald....could be a maze for our Bug-bee type legendary D:

It doesn't really have to be a gym...it could be something like Distortion world in Pt for Giratina or the tower where you catch rayquaza in emerald....could be a maze for our Bug-bee type legendary D:
It had the Gym theme music when it was presented on Pokémon Sunday. I honestly doubt it's anything NOT gym-related.

I didnt read the last 2 pages , so I don't really know if someone said this yet but anyway....

What do you guys think of the bee-honey whatever place that was?

Pokebeach thinks it is a gym because there is gym music playing in the background. I'd love for a bug-type legendary, but I doubt we are going to get one.

EDIT: beaten

Oh man, Illusion is awesome. But Shoddy will need some serious reprogramming to implement that. lol

That makes me think... Perhaps, GameFreak's going to change the general game mechanics in a way that the positioning inside the team matters.

maybe all the gyms are in one place, and a new area opens up whenever you do _______
Well that would be nice....something like uhhh...do some stuff...first gym...then talk to the second gym leader....youre not worthy enough of battling me go do this and this and then come battle me and so on.

In other words quests in between gyms which should get you enough levels to get the badge easily or something.

Once you enter a battle, your pokemon "order" is set. Switching pokemon switches the active pokemon, but it doesn't change the order of your party. When Zoroark becomes active, he'll take on the form on poke #2 before you went into battle, no matter what switches you've made or when you switch him in.

i just know that the gen 5 metagame will be horrible because of zoroark ability, but its always fun in-game anyway.

edit:now that i think about it, how will in-game characters fight against zoroark? will they know its zoroark?

How? Just attack it and you'll probably either hit it enough that its Illusion breaks or you'll realize that it doesn't have the same type match-up that the Pokemon it's copying does.
We still dont know how much damage it takes to breck the Illusion.
And I want these moves to have some love :p

Once you enter a battle, your pokemon "order" is set. Switching pokemon switches the active pokemon, but it doesn't change the order of your party. When Zoroark becomes active, he'll take on the form on poke #2 before you went into battle, no matter what switches you've made or when you switch him in.
Have you ever checked your team lineup after a switch?

i just know that the gen 5 metagame will be horrible because of zoroark ability, but its always fun in-game anyway.

edit:now that i think about it, how will in-game characters fight against zoroark? will they know its zoroark?
Why would they? And why would it matter? They would just use Defense Curl 5 times in a row whether they know who they are fighting or not.

We still dont know how much damage it takes to breck the Illusion.
And I want these moves to have some love :p
Zoroark is extremely frail so it's not going to be able to take STAB nuetral hits (or maybe even STAB resisted hits) without taking a huge amount of damage. So even if Illusion only breaks when Zoroark faints and it survives the attack, it will still probably be crippled.

Most in game trainers seem to use random moves anyway. The skilled ones would probably either know it's Zoroark (trainers in the Battle Tower knew my Spiritomb had Wonderguard) or they'll try to use the best attack they have against whatever Zoroark is copying.

I think Zorark will transform back to itself after any damage/condition is inflicted. Maybe even stealth rocks break his Illusion. I do think if he is switch out and then in again, his ability will activate again (until there are no more pokemon left in your party). His high speed will be a good indicator as to if he indeed is a imposter mind you. I also predict a small movepool with only brick break + the fangs to harm steels/darks/others. 105 speed isn't too bad a I think swords dance will be his only stat-up move. So we've got either a sweeper with poor type coverage and okay stats but can trick the opponant into switching or a taunt/crunch/pursuit/u-turn/.. lead. This guiy won't be that scary trust me.

Well i dont know if this could be my bad vision or what but when i blowed up the picture you can see a town under the clouds or it could just be end of mountain.

I think Zorark will transform back to itself after any damage/condition is inflicted. Maybe even stealth rocks break his Illusion. I do think if he is switch out and then in again, his ability will activate again (until there are no more pokemon left in your party). His high speed will be a good indicator as to if he indeed is a imposter mind you. I also predict a small movepool with only brick break + the fangs to harm steels/darks/others. 105 speed isn't too bad a I think swords dance will be his only stat-up move. So we've got either a sweeper with poor type coverage and okay stats but can trick the opponant into switching or a taunt/crunch/pursuit/u-turn/.. lead. This guiy won't be that scary trust me.

Wait where did you get 105 speed from? Were his stats released?

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yes? I don't see what that has to do with anything. Have you ever checked your team lineup after a battle? It doesn't change, because in-battle switching is a different mechanism than changing your team lineup.
Yeah, but when you bring switch a Pokémon in (in a single battle), it moves to position 1 and whatever was in position 1 moves to its former position. This will affect what Zoroark chooses to become.
I think swords dance will be his only stat-up move.
You don't think it'll get Nasty Plot?
Wait where did you get 105 speed from? Were his stats released?
We've got upper and lower bounds on its stats from a screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)