Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread.

Do you think there will be a sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 487 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This game just keeps getting better and better. Waiting for it to come out already in Japan. Also, I like the new sprites. I like Snorlax's new sprite. Makes him look jolly =D

I heard a rumor that one of the developers of the game had his photobucket hacked and it had pics of all the new sprites and items. Any truth to that? Would a developer even put those pics in his photobucket? Is photobucket even popular among the Japanese?

I heard a rumor that one of the developers of the game had his photobucket hacked and it had pics of all the new sprites and items. Any truth to that? Would a developer even put those pics in his photobucket? Is photobucket even popular among the Japanese?
During this time, the only rumors you should even possibly believe are rumors that serebii or pokebeach tell us about. All the other ones could be some guy stirring up trouble or bringing hopes up.

But again rumors are rumors, I don't believe that, but should you believe it, its your decision.

The hell? Is the only difference with steelix is it's mouth is slightly more open? 0_o

I have to agree, snorlax and gyarados look retarded. =[

I was kind of hoping the Battle Factory was one that wouldn't carry over...

With only five facilities maybe some of them will have less eccentric challenges; neat and creative ideas are cool but I don't like finding out my pokemon won't attack like it should because it has the wrong nature.

Someone expressed a desire for stronger Battle Tower matches in Platinum. I get aggravated enough losing halfway through to mindless teams, but I would like strategic play too. Perhaps one of the facilities could have fewer--but more skillful--opponents and pokemon so that the player could be legitimately challenged and not spend hours and hours on one tower climb before losing to hax.

This is really more of the territory of the console games, with the 8-man tournaments, and the trend of Battle Frontier attractions doesn't suggest it will change, but it's wishful thinking.

Actually, I like all the Platinum sprites I've seen so far. Gyarados is different, but not bad. I think Rapidash looks better than it ever has.

I'm hoping for a Dex revamp. I'm working on my idea of a altered Platinum Dex, which I'll post tomorrow or the day after.

Gyarados's sprite reminds me a lot of the one it had in R/S/E, before Fr/Lg came out. I kinda prefer the one it has in D/P. I do like Snorlax's new sprite, though, and Rapidash's is absolutely perfect. Machamp's all depends on if it's still doing the creepy pulsating pecs thing or not.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I actually like Snorlax's new sprite. I hated his D/P one. Snorlax is supposed to be pictured as fat, lazy, sleeping, and the D/P sprite did the exact opposite(he was still fat though!). At least he's lying down looking like he might be sleeping in Platinum, although I really think they should make a Snorlax sprite where he's eating food, lol.

I like gyras sprite because it shows that is isn't a dragon but more of a serpent. Which it is . Since most people don't know the japanese folklore of the weak karp that trained its whole life to climb a waterfall, and when he finally succeded he turned into a an ultra powerful serpent.

(magikarp >> gyrados)

Most people are noting them in videos or CoroCoro scans. One video is posted several pages back, another is on http://pokebeach.com/ , down the main page. Watch the video for short couple-second scenes with some pokemon displayed in battle.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Interesting. According to Serebii, Giratina Origin gets Outrage, further impllying this one will most certainly be offensive-based.

Outrage is interesting, and Spite+Pressure on Another Forme sounds downright nasty if anyone ever decides to use it. I also can't decide whether I like Dialga's new sprite or not. I think the pose looks a lot better, but its head looks kind of weird ... "softer" almost. My guess is that Palkia's pose will also be facing the player more as well, since that seems to be the general trend for the legendary Dragon trio in Platinum.

From Serebii
Secondly, some further details about the WiFi Room. Firstly, it appears you can only spend a certain amount of time in it each day.
This strikes me as being excessively nanny-ish. Unless maybe there's some sort of technical limitation to how many people can be in a WiFi room at once? Dunno, still pretty lame.

Also, Magmortar's new sprite looks pretty awesome. It's got a very "Are you feeling lucky, punk?" look.

Wow that chomp sprite is very nice. Oodles more fearsome looking.

Is gyarados on the new trailer or pics?

The battle frontier familiars are giving me a supreme hope for good tutor moves.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
http://pokemon.kids.yahoo.co.jp/platinum/library/

If you haven't gone on there, go now. We get to see Giratina fight Dialga as a video, not simply just a picture. Dialga's front animation is shown, as well as Giratina's back animation. They also said something about Giratina's speed and Carbos but my Japanese is extremely limited so it'd be nice if someone can translate it.

Ohhh that also shows in WiFi so there must be a way to change Giratina's form outside of the Torn World place and use it to battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)