Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

I don't think this necessarily means that Indigo Disk will be out prior to this though, does it? I'm assuming it'll download like an update once it is released, but obvi Teal Mask will be available instantly?

edit:

yeah, so this doesn't give us any ID release date indication

incidentally, Mario Kart8 is doing the same thing. Physical w/ Waves 1-5 of the BCP and then you have to download Wave 6 when ti comes out later this year

The only thing that really gives a release indication is probably Regulation E's end date which is January 2 (presumably since January 1 is a holiday).
E started about 2 weeks after Teal mask came out so probably sometime in december for Indigo Disk is most likely.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Stupid question because the answer is probably something dumb like "they need something to sell for the holidays", but why don't they wait till both DLC are released before doing a physical copy? Like, this feels a bit like false advertising "Get a physical copy with the DLC included... except not really as it's only one and you have to download the other like everyone else".

Like, are they going to do a second round of "Physical + DLC" releases when Indigo Disk is released so they do have a version of the game with both DLCs on cart? Because, if so, this is pretty grimy selling an incomplete version right now. If not and this is the only "Physical + DLC" they're going to have, congrats GF, you've completely missed the point and blew your shot having what you could say is a complete game.

Stupid question because the answer is probably something dumb like "they need something to sell for the holidays", but why don't they wait till both DLC are released before doing a physical copy? Like, this feels a bit like false advertising "Get a physical copy with the DLC included... except not really as it's only one and you have to download the other like everyone else".
This but also, it's actually more sales.

There are people who like phisical copies, either for collection purpose or just due to sheer hatred of digital. However, not many people are willing to wait all the way until the release of the 2nd DLC to get them, expecially due to having to avoid spoilers for 1-2 extra months. These people would be much more likely to get the digital version than the phisical one.

Obviously you'll say "but they cost the same, does that matter?", well, purely on financial level, no, but the main deal of phisical copies nowadays is just to get the person to go to the store and potentially sell them something else (be it more games, or merchandise). And as you guessed, giving them a extra excuse to visit the store just in time for christmas holidays....

Like, are they going to do a second round of "Physical + DLC" releases when Indigo Disk is released so they do have a version of the game with both DLCs on cart? Because, if so, this is pretty grimy selling an incomplete version right now. If not and this is the only "Physical + DLC" they're going to have, congrats GF, you've completely missed the point and blew your shot having what you could say is a complete game.
No it'll just be an update. So right now it has base game + teal mask, and then once Indigo Disk releases it'll update and release automatically. They don't need to do a second round as both DLCs are already preloaded, and obviously when it's bought after Indigo Disk releases, it'll just download as normal within the updates that happen when you buy a new Switch game.

I do agree that releasing it before Indigo Disk is sketchy, because it does technically give the impression that the full physical release is everything combined, so on Nov 3rd you'll have both when really you won't, unless they do actually announced ID's release in October, but I guess we'll see.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Technically, you need to download the patch when it releases, which is completely free. Indigo Disk will come with a new patch that everyone, even players who don't own the DLC and have no intention of doing so, will get which will have updates even the base game players will get, as well as opening Indigo Disk.

The point of this bundle, like with SwSh's physical SwSh+Expansion Pass bundle, is that the DLC is "pre-installed" so you have access to it off the bat, while many of us had to literally purchase it from the eShop to gain access to it beforehand.

Purchasing the DLC from the eShop essentially is buying the whole thing, so for those of us who bought it, even if Teal Mask is the only part we can play currently, we essentially purchased both Teal Mask and Indigo Disk, but we have to wait for a patch for Indigo to open up. Those who pre-ordered it basically "had" it but had to wait for both to open up via patches: Teal Mask itself was "patched" as the game was upgraded to a new version to accommodate.

Realistically they're releasing the physical bundle so it makes it in time for Black Friday and Christmas, which from a capitalism standpoint is a high point where sales of things can be maximized. It's just less fortunate timing this time because unlike when they did it with SwSh, Indigo Disk is still awaiting release, meanwhile Crown Tundra and Isle of Armor were both out by the time they did this with SwSh and its DLC.

If the final waves (for both Mario Kart & this, please remember this is not just a Pokemon/GameFreak thing) come in december then they would have to put it out after the holidays which they want to avoid.

The intent is purely convenience that you don't have to buy the DLC separately and, in this case, comes with Teal Mask already on the cart. If you already know you're going to buy the DLC, you're just going to get the whole thing up front anyway.

Likely after ID is out we'll start seeing a new one filtered in that already has it downloaded and they'll remove the "additional download required" since every time a new major update is pushed out, newly manufactured carts already have it applied.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
No it'll just be an update. So right now it has base game + teal mask, and then once Indigo Disk releases it'll update and release automatically. They don't need to do a second round as both DLCs are already preloaded, and obviously when it's bought after Indigo Disk releases, it'll just download as normal within the updates that happen when you buy a new Switch game.
Technically, you need to download the patch when it releases, which is completely free. Indigo Disk will come with a new patch that everyone, even players who don't own the DLC and have no intention of doing so, will get which will have updates even the base game players will get, as well as opening Indigo Disk.
Question: Does the physical cartridge have the content that'll be in Indigo Disk?

If no, then my point still stands. Like, sure, for years this won't be an issue as when you start up the game, if it doesn't have Indigo Disk installed, it'll auto download the patch. But that's as long as the patch is available for download. But a decade or so later they'll take it down, and when they do any of these copy which doesn't have the Indigo Disk loaded on a Switch its being played on will be incomplete.

Likely after ID is out we'll start seeing a new one filtered in that already has it downloaded and they'll remove the "additional download required" since every time a new major update is pushed out, newly manufactured carts already have it applied.
If that's the plan, call me anti-capitalist, but I think they should tell people that up-front. "BTW, when the Indigo Disk is released we'll later release an updated physical copy that has both DLC on cart". Or, if not, also mention that: "BTW, this is the only Physical + DLC copy we're doing, there won't be an updated on with Indigo Disk pre-loaded".

Now, I'd imagine those who want that to happen will hold off until they know for sure whether there's going to be a more fuller physical copy or not; those who get this are pretty much people who haven't gotten SV yet for whatever reason and having Teal Mask and the DLC downloader for Indigo Disk is an alluring bonus (which I wonder how many that truly is it's worth doing this incomplete version (if they plan on releasing a more released version)).

Question: Does the physical cartridge have the content that'll be in Indigo Disk?

If no, then my point still stands. Like, sure, for years this won't be an issue as when you start up the game, if it doesn't have Indigo Disk installed, it'll auto download the patch. But that's as long as the patch is available for download. But a decade or so later they'll take it down, and when they do any of these copy which doesn't have the Indigo Disk loaded on a Switch its being played on will be incomplete.
This problem is so far off that it doesnt matter, but also, it applies to every single physical copy of any game in existence

Including this hypothetical "full game" variant because hey guess what there will still be updates to the game post Indigo Disk anyway!

If that's the plan, call me anti-capitalist, but I think they should tell people that up-front. "BTW, when the Indigo Disk is released we'll later release an updated physical copy that has both DLC on cart". Or, if not, also mention that: "BTW, this is the only Physical + DLC copy we're doing, there won't be an updated on with Indigo Disk pre-loaded".

Now, I'd imagine those who want that to happen will hold off until they know for sure whether there's going to be a more fuller physical copy or not; those who get this are pretty much people who haven't gotten SV yet for whatever reason and having Teal Mask and the DLC downloader for Indigo Disk is an alluring bonus (which I wonder how many that truly is it's worth doing this incomplete version (if they plan on releasing a more released version)).
i guarantee most people buying this will not care about having the "full" cart or that it's "incomplete"
There is no reason to bother announcing that a betterrer version will come in like 3-6 months. You're going to get the content regardless.

More than likely batches of SV+ released after the Indigo Disc releases will include it on cart, same as how later releases of other Switch Pokémon games include later patches directly on the cart.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lo
The whole point of having a physical version is so that the DLC will be preserved even when the eShop inevitably shuts down. Congratulations to GAMEFREAK for even fucking that up, I guess.
lol…

They’re going to have a version released after ID is out as well - this specifically rkght now is making sure a version is released before holidays for mega sales.

If you buy a version as soon as it comes out and then don’t play it for 5+ years (or however long the switch eshop continues) you shouldn’t expect it to have been updated - its your own fault lol.. not to mention this is a ridiculous hypothetical already.

Its like if you bought the game on release day and open it in 10 years complaining they should patch and fix bugs that were fixed years ago.

The whole point of having a physical version is so that the DLC will be preserved even when the eShop inevitably shuts down. Congratulations to GAMEFREAK for even fucking that up, I guess.
You can still download updates from the Wii U and 3DS eShops, as well as redownload things you already had, they just shut down the ability to buy new stuff.

You can still download updates from the Wii U and 3DS eShops, as well as redownload things you already had, they just shut down the ability to buy new stuff.
I think they were referring mostly to when the store actually shuts down for good (which while not imminent, will eventually happen at some point).

I still disagree though, as I stated earlier I think it's just for the sake for selling extra copies. Nintendo has never shown to remotely care for "games conservation", if anything the direct opposite.

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us...arlet-and-violet-notice-regarding-bugs#latest
TPCi_GarbageKing said:
We will be addressing the following issues with Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet update version 2.0.1, which we plan to release by the first half of October. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by these bugs.
  • Under certain conditions, victories against the NPC Trainers scattered across the game world may not be recorded. As a result, the rewards players can earn by winning a certain number of battles—such as from Pokémon League representatives in the Paldea region or Ogre Clan members in the land of Kitakami—may not be obtainable at this time.
  • It is not currently possible to transfer certain special Pokémon to Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet via Pokémon HOME if those Pokémon were brought into Pokémon HOME from Pokémon GO, even if a Pokémon of the same species was already obtained in Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet prior to version 1.3.2.
According to TPCi_GarbageKing on the Pokemon.com forums, there is another bug that will be addressed in the October update about legendary GO transfers not being allowed in when they should be.

1697573116292.png
1697573342365.png

A few seconds of new shots for Indigo Disk are featured in this commercial like a cliffside view of the Terarium and a different angle of Terapagos facing right, similarly to its official art.

Bunch of Halloween events announced tonight:
-Mismagius 5* raids with Candy theming 27th to 31st. Mismagius is a VE so if you've not grabbed it yet that's handy
-Bunch of massive outbreaks. Last time it was only Clefairy but this time it will pull on Mimikyu, Drifloon, Phantump & Greavard that can have the Crafty mark
-They're finally having a gimmicky Competition, where you can only use Ghost types.

Kind of surprised they didn't announce a Hisuian Typhlosion 7* raid to go with all this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)