Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty good aeo. I look forward to future improvement / development in the server. And yeah, the server restarted I guess.

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Yeah it has been down for awhile now, so I'm thinking aeo is fixing up the bugs before he puts it back up to public.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Lilligant can for whatever reason learn Will-O-Wisp.
FIXED

Ancient Power is still Ancientpower, Flamethrower is still Flamethower, and a few of the Hidden Power names are bugged like HiddenpowerIce.
FIXED

Transform does not copy the opponent's stat boosts like it is intended to do.
:| I'm pretty sure it does. Will have to look into it more.

Yeah it has been down for awhile now, so I'm thinking aeo is fixing up the bugs before he puts it back up to public.
Heh, what actually happened was that it crashed while I was afk playing Rock Band, but sure, let's pretend I was fixing bugs. ;)

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
well the server is down again. i really hope you (aeo) can fix this so it doesnt go down every 50 minutes. it will make the members fade away slowly if this crashing keeps happening.

i just sent out a zoroak who was in the 6th slot of my team, but when he came out he was disguised as my 5th slot pokemon (ledian)

struggle does no recoil damage

Turn 114
Slowbro woke up!
Slowbro used Rest!
Slowbro fell asleep!
Slowbro went to sleep and became healthy!
The foe's Slowpoke used Struggle!
Slowbro lost 11% of its health!
Turn 115

yes and we're not even done yet.

Lookin pretty sweet, can't wait until it's complete. Two bugs I noticed - the only item Giratina-O should be allowed to hold is Griseous Orb, and Brick Break didn't smash the opponent's Light Screen (or at least the message didn't show, I didn't see if the Light Screen lost its effect or not)

I switched Wobbuffet into a Tangrowth's Leaf Storm, but I couldn't attack or switch Pokemon on the next turn, it just displayed the waiting for players message.

Rapid Spin on a sub does not get rid of hazards. Return of old school Netbattle glitches.

Also I had an Espeon on my team but I could never see it's sprite. Opponent could see it fine. This happened on multiple switchins.

But oh god how I love this sim.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
well the server is down again. i really hope you (aeo) can fix this so it doesnt go down every 50 minutes. it will make the members fade away slowly if this crashing keeps happening.
–sigh–

This is why we can't have nice things.

"Beta" was probably an overestimation of its stability.

Pokemon Showdown has only just been released: Expect lots of downtime. The fact remains that it's much easier to fix bugs when the server is down than when the server is up.

Lookin pretty sweet, can't wait until it's complete. Two bugs I noticed - the only item Giratina-O should be allowed to hold is Griseous Orb,
FIXED

and Brick Break didn't smash the opponent's Light Screen (or at least the message didn't show, I didn't see if the Light Screen lost its effect or not)
FIXED

Rapid Spin on a sub does not get rid of hazards. Return of old school Netbattle glitches.
FIXED

Also I had an Espeon on my team but I could never see it's sprite. Opponent could see it fine. This happened on multiple switchins.
This is most likely due to a bad Internet connection - The next downtime, I'll test it to make sure.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Disable doesn't seem to work. I used it to disable a Chansey's Softboiled and yeah, they kept recovering on me. ;-;

Not quite sure what happened.

Ice Beam broke the sub, then did damage to the enemy:

The foe's Dratini used ExtremeSpeed!
Staryu lost 56% of its health!
Staryu used Ice Beam!
[DEBUG] +20% boost.
It's super-effective! The foe's Dratini's substitute faded!
[DEBUG] +20% boost.
It's super-effective! The foe's Dratini lost 89% of its health!
The foe's Dratini restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

It happened again with my Carnivine. Things are breaking the sub, then damaging the pokemon for the remainder.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Not quite sure what happened.

Ice Beam broke the sub, then did damage to the enemy:

The foe's Dratini used ExtremeSpeed!
Staryu lost 56% of its health!
Staryu used Ice Beam!
[DEBUG] +20% boost.
It's super-effective! The foe's Dratini's substitute faded!
[DEBUG] +20% boost.
It's super-effective! The foe's Dratini lost 89% of its health!
The foe's Dratini restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

It happened again with my Carnivine. Things are breaking the sub, then damaging the pokemon for the remainder.
Ehh, whoops, Rapid Spin Sub fix broke some other stuff. FIXED

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I've fixed Mirror Coat. Apparently its implementation was accidentally put into Mirror Move.

I'm also temporarily removing Assist, Beat Up, and Disable from the autogen pile while they're unimplemented.

U-turn works even if the attack doesn't (the pokemon still switches), tried against shedinja and still takes Life Orb recoil

I knew there was something I forgot to report last time on here, though I did tell you in chat, so not sure if you fixed it or not.

Ice Body doesn't heal the pokemon when it's hailing.

And just to make sure, you have Mirror Coat/Counter programmed right so that they don't hit Dark or Ghost types, respectively, right? XD A lot of sims tend to forget that at first. Mirror Coat won't hit dark types, and counter won't hit ghosts.

When you flip your iOS device (In my case, 4th Gen iTouch) sideways when you're editing EVs in the teambuilder, the box in which you enter thE EVs disappears. This is using Safari, of course.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
U-turn works even if the attack doesn't (the pokemon still switches), tried against shedinja and still takes Life Orb recoil
I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to work...

I knew there was something I forgot to report last time on here, though I did tell you in chat, so not sure if you fixed it or not.

Ice Body doesn't heal the pokemon when it's hailing.
Yeah, that was fixed halfway through yesterday. :P

And just to make sure, you have Mirror Coat/Counter programmed right so that they don't hit Dark or Ghost types, respectively, right? XD A lot of sims tend to forget that at first. Mirror Coat won't hit dark types, and counter won't hit ghosts.
Yes, Counter and Mirror Coat are implemented as fixed damage moves, all of which are affected by immunities. :P With the exception of moves that ignore immunities are ones specifically designed to (moves modified by Mold Breaker, Foresight, etc), the only moves that ignore immunities are certain status moves (such as Pain Split). Counter and Mirror Coat are Physical and Special, respectively.

When you flip your iOS device (In my case, 4th Gen iTouch) sideways when you're editing EVs in the teambuilder, the box in which you enter thE EVs disappears. This is using Safari, of course.
As of right now, please don't report mobile bugs: The mobile implementation is still somewhat incomplete.

The foe's Tentacruel used Poison Jab!
Vaporeon lost 24% of its health!
Vaporeon was poisoned!
Vaporeon used Hidden Power!
It's super-effective! The foe's Tentacruel lost 30% of its health!
Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Tentacruel's Rain Dish heals it!
[DEBUG] hydration.
Vaporeon un-poisoned itself! (??)
Vaporeon is hurt by poison!
Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Vaporeon took poison damage after Hydration cured it.

SteelEdges

Banned deucer.
I've got a Blissey with Flamethrower twice. Its moveset is, in order: Flamethrower / Softboiled / Thunder Wave / Flamethrower. The latter Flamethrower is unselectable, uncolored, and where it has type and PP on the bottom left and right, it reads: "??? and null/null."

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work you put into this, aeo.

Kathy Griffin called Crawdaunt back!
Kathy Griffin sent out Togekiss!
The foe's Luvdisc used Hidden Power!
It's super-effective! Togekiss lost 18% of its health!
Togekiss restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 4
The foe's Luvdisc used Safeguard!
Shnen2's team became cloaked in a mystical veil!
Togekiss used Substitute!
Togekiss made a substitute!
Turn 5
It's super-effective! Togekiss's substitute took the damage!
Togekiss used Encore!
The foe's Luvdisc received an encore!
Turn 6
Togekiss used Aura Sphere!
The foe's Luvdisc lost 38% of its health!
Turn 7
Togekiss used Substitute!
[DEBUG] sub bypass: self hit.
Togekiss already has a substitute!
Turn 8
Togekiss used Aura Sphere!
The foe's Luvdisc lost 21% of its health!
The foe's Luvdisc fainted!
Shnen2's team is no longer protected by Safeguard!
If the damage Hidden Power did on switch is right, togekiss' sub should've been broken long before he killed Luvdisc. Note that after the first hidden power there's no message for the sub taking damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)