SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Beast Balls result in a critical capture? I have done plenty of Beats Ball throwing and had plenty of critical captures happen, but never both at the same time.
BEAST BALLS SUCK is what I'm saying.

How easy would it be to get competitive teams together you guys think without oras/xy? For some reason my AS has completely vanished with 95% of all my good gen vi stuff and it has been very saddening :(. I do still have my y that has quiet a few things on it but all my main mons were on oras.
The best way would be to SOS chain a lot of Ditto. That gives you up to 4 perfect IVs, I believe, that you can pass on to any Pokémon. Do it enough and you get plenty of options - nature-wise too.

So now that more and more people have an actual copy of the game, maybe someone can test if Synchronize works on the demo Greninja? It would be great if it finally did work on all gift Pokemon, since in ORAS it worked on Cosplay Pikachu and the story Lati@s.

Quick question. Probably been answered before, but fuck going through 70+ pages... How does the Alolan Form breeding work?

Can I for example take a female Mainland Vulpix and any random Male pokemon from the Field Group and they produce an Alolan Vulpix Baby etc?

Quick question. Probably been answered before, but fuck going through 70+ pages... How does the Alolan Form breeding work?

Can I for example take a female Mainland Vulpix and any random Male pokemon from the Field Group and they produce an Alolan Vulpix Baby etc?
If I understood correctly, babies will always be in their Alolan forms unless a non-Alolan parent is holding an Everstone.

Reactions: HC
That is not true. Exp. Share works just like it did in Gen VI, gives all teammates who didn't participate in battle half of the experience they would have received if they had. What works like in Gen V is the experience scaling - the difference in level between the Pokémon gaining exp and the opponent beaten influences the amount of experience gained. That does make it a bit harder to overlevel, essentially, but not because of any Exp. Share changes.
That's what I meant when I said it works like it did in 5th gen (how EXP is scaled). Sorry I didn't specify that.

Paralyzing wild Pokémon prevents them from calling for help, apparently. Learned that the hard way, accidentally ruined my own chaining.

I'm p sure I saw Meowth called something when para'd, are you sure this is true?
Well, I was chaining a Sandshrew and it would call for help almost every turn. Then I ran out of PP and switched to another Pokémon whose only non-damaging move was Thunder Wave. Not wanting to kill the sole remaining Sandslash on the field after one of its calls failed to bring any allies, I paralyzed it... And then waited and waited for several turns, but no calls happened after that. Either paralyzing disables SOS calls or it lowers the chances of them happening significantly or I was incredibly unlucky in a weird way.

Well, I was chaining a Sandshrew and it would call for help almost every turn. Then I ran out of PP and switched to another Pokémon whose only non-damaging move was Thunder Wave. Not wanting to kill the sole remaining Sandslash on the field after one of its calls failed to bring any allies, I paralyzed it... And then waited and waited for several turns, but no calls happened after that. Either paralyzing disables SOS calls or it lowers the chances of them happening significantly or I was incredibly unlucky in a weird way.
Ok. Can you check if other status effects have similar consequences?

So I know breeding the normal forms of Ninetales, Sandslash, Raticate, etc. with an everstone works to keep the form, but has anyone checked if it works with the ones who don't have separate pre-evos (Raichu, Marowak, and Exeggutor)?

So I know breeding the normal forms of Ninetales, Sandslash, Raticate, etc. with an everstone works to keep the form, but has anyone checked if it works with the ones who don't have separate pre-evos (Raichu, Marowak, and Exeggutor)?
so what takes priority with the ever stone, alolan form, nature, or both equally?

EDIT: Also, so lets say you want a normal Raichu, Eggexcutor, or Marrowak, how would you get those?

I'm p sure I saw Meowth called something when para'd, are you sure this is true?
Yup, paralyze and sleep prevent from calling for allies.
That's a good way to stop them, which is good for captures but bad if you make a mistake.

About capsules, I got a 2-star lottery on the plaza and it gave me a silver one (I rolled ona 2). I don't know if this was really lucky or not though, but having a shot for a capsule once per day is still better than a pack of 30 shards.

I also randomly fell on a capsule by fishing on rippling water. I wasn't really looking at the screen so I reset it. I tried to get another one for 20-30 minutes but without success.
I don't know how much the average time to find a capsule is for normal fishes, but at least the average time for fishes in rippling water is not that short.

Sleep doesn't prevent call from allies I was on another site and there was someone extremely upset that a sleeping pokemon could still call for help.

Sleep doesn't prevent call from allies I was on another site and there was someone extremely upset that a sleeping pokemon could still call for help.
Sleep prevents call from allies, I can ensure that (I used Spore multiple times for captures, and you directly see the 1 Hp Pokémon stop calling for help).
I still ran a test with a Pikipek (at 1 HP + Adrenaline Orb he calls for help at leat 95% of the time), and out of the 17 sleeping turns he had, he didn't call for help once.

However, sleep doesn't last long, so it's either about a very rare chance to still have a call for help under sleep or the person didn't notice that the Pokémon woke up during the turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)