SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Which stat increases/drops are not currently accounted for? From there we can probably narrow it down to a few plausible possibilities -- it's exceedingly unlikely that Ground raises special attack, for instance.
But it's likely it could drop Defense, which IIRC we don't know which type causes that effect.

It can be useful against offense, too, for the same reasons you stated. Something like Weavile or Scarf Tyranitar (which could turn out to be viable again thanks to the lowered Speed tiers) could take advantage of the defense drops and Pursuit trap them.

Or just use something fast like Dragapult to force what would otherwise be a check out.
Remindes me a little Fairy Lock shanenigans in Gen 6. Niche, but useful.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Which stat increases/drops are not currently accounted for? From there we can probably narrow it down to a few plausible possibilities -- it's exceedingly unlikely that Ground raises special attack, for instance.
Fighting is +Atk, Steel is +Def, Flying is +Spe, Dark is -SpD, and Normal is -Spe. We don't know +SpA, +SpD, -Atk, -Def, or -SpA. We can make guesses, sure, but it would be nice to have them actually confirmed

We're currently missing: + Sp Atk, + Sp Def, - Atk, - Def, - Sp Atk. And technically we don't know for an absolute certainty that Psychic sets Psychic Terrain, but the chance that it doesn't isn't worth considering.

I would personally guess that Bug reduces Attack, Ground reduces Defence, Dragon increases Sp Atk, Poison increases Sp Def, and Ghost reduces Sp Atk. But aside from Ground affecting a physical stat, I don't think any of these are set in stone.

I'm really surprised these haven't been leaked already tbh, considering that the competitive implications are really important.

Now that we've seen obstruct, obstagoon is going to be really praying that it keeps its powerful priority. -2 def is not something you want to have with a sucker punch/extremespeed mon on the field, and even less so if it has pursuit.

As for coalossal...im not going to write it off just yet. +3 speed is nothing to scoff at (ive sweeped with weak armor weakness pokicy magcargo before) and it DOES have a gigantimax form...we need to see what it can truly do before we send it packing.

I hope Stonejourner gets Solid Rock, cause it's... a solid rock. :"D
It could be the first Solid Rock mon that doesn't have a quad weakness to something. Just don't be Rock/Ground or Rock/Steel. Pure Rock or Rock/Ghost would be appreciated if that's the case.

It'll never happen, and it's not like they need the buff, but Zacian getting Obstruct and Zamazenta getting King's Shield would be really neat to emphasise their niches.

What happens when a -6 attack force meets a -6 defence object?
Kings shield makes a lot of sense on Zamazenta, not so much for Zacian with obstruct though

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Idk why y'all are disrespecting the new batch of leaked mons. Sure they don't got ludicrous offenses right off the bat like Dragapult or Barraskewda, but they still got some deadly tools under their belt and if that can be done without worsening stat creep then hell yeah.

Obstagoon is one of the best stallbreakers available with its bulk and Guts Facade, as well as very likely being able to handle offense with Extreme Speed access courtesy of the new egg move transfer mechanic. Appletun's ability opens the door to all kinds of crazy berry stall combos with Recycle and decent stats all-around. Eldegoss actually has potential as a Regenerator fat mon now that Tangrowth's been purged, and as it turns out it actually covers Toxapex's weaknesses very well wink wink nudge nudge

Lest we forget, we aren't in USUM powercreep shitsville anymore. So much stuff has been wiped out that things that we could've dismissed as irredeemable untierable garbage once upon a time can now find a place. Maybe Coalossal or Thievul won't be OU or even UU, but depending on factors about them we still know nothing about like movepool, abilities or in the former's case their Gigantamax form they may not be necessarily condemned to bottom of the barrel tiers like ZU either.

Idk why y'all are disrespecting the new batch of leaked mons. Sure they don't got ludicrous offenses right off the bat like Dragapult or Barraskewda, but they still got some deadly tools under their belt and if that can be done without worsening stat creep then hell yeah.

Obstagoon is one of the best stallbreakers available with its bulk and Guts Facade, as well as very likely being able to handle offense with Extreme Speed access courtesy of the new egg move transfer mechanic. Appletun's ability opens the door to all kinds of crazy berry stall combos with Recycle and decent stats all-around. Eldegoss actually has potential as a Regenerator fat mon now that Tangrowth's been purged, and as it turns it actually covers Toxapex's weaknesses very well wink wink nudge nudge

Lest we forget, we aren't in USUM powercreep shitsville anymore. So much stuff has been wiped out that things that we could've dismissed as irredeemable untierable garbage once upon a time can now find a place. Maybe Coalossal or Thievul won't be OU or even UU, but depending on factors about them we still know nothing about like movepool, abilities or in the former's case their Gigantamax form they may not be necessarily condemned to bottom of the barrel tiers like ZU either.
Is there even enough pokemon to have a tier like ZU? I think it'll go back to gen-3/4 standards and have 2-4 tiers.

After thinking about it, Eiscue seems like it's made for mind games. Its ability only works against psychical attacks, so pure physical attackers will probably switch out. You could use that turn to use Substitute instead of Hail, but if that becomes common then it becomes a coin flip. If you use Substitute and they attack, you've lost 25% of your HP. If you use Hail and they switch then you're vulnerable. If they try to remove Hail with a Dynamax weather changing attack, then you can use Hail to change it back before the turn ends, but what if they boost their stats with something like Max Airstrike while you use Hail? What if you think they'll boost their stats and use Substitute? It's like Aegislash all over again. (except probably not broken) You have to outplay the coin flip. :P

That said, Eisune feels like a gimmick. A fun gimmick that I might try out in the Battle Tower if it breaks the AI, but still a gimmick. Being able to take infinite physical attacks doesn't do much good if you have to face more special attacks, or if they just use Toxic.

Blunder Policy is a funny idea, but is only reliable if you spam something like Sheer Cold.

Heavy-Duty Boots? Hmm... *looks at Shedinja* Seems worse than a Focus Sash or Lum Berry for it, but still another way to fight KOs.
It’s definitely viable on hypnosis or sing Pokémon. If you miss then you can try again while going first, or just sweep

Now that we've seen obstruct, obstagoon is going to be really praying that it keeps its powerful priority. -2 def is not something you want to have with a sucker punch/extremespeed mon on the field, and even less so if it has pursuit.

As for coalossal...im not going to write it off just yet. +3 speed is nothing to scoff at (ive sweeped with weak armor weakness pokicy magcargo before) and it DOES have a gigantimax form...we need to see what it can truly do before we send it packing.

Does it have a g-max form...?

Obstagoon is one of the best stallbreakers available with its bulk and Guts Facade, as well as very likely being able to handle offense with Extreme Speed access courtesy of the new egg move transfer mechanic. Appletun's ability opens the door to all kinds of crazy berry stall combos with Recycle and decent stats all-around. Eldegoss actually has potential as a Regenerator fat mon now that Tangrowth's been purged, and as it turns out it actually covers Toxapex's weaknesses very well wink wink nudge nudge

Also, I think that Obstruct is a very powerful move that can even be used in Singles. While Obstagoon's Attack stat isn't very high, I'm glad it's bulky and fast so that it can break through any slower Pkm or weakened Pkm with Obstruct and one of its priority moves. It's as if Obstagoon had its attack stat doubled, I think.
Even if your opponent fears Obstruct, Obstaggon could, hopefully, pull off Belly Drum. While Gluttony would have been nice, its bulk should be enough to withstand any moderately strong moves.

Thievul's success depends on its movepool. It has decent bulk, so Unburden + Sitrus Berry shouldn't be much of a problem. If it got some way to deal with Fairy and Fighting, it could have a chance to shine.

Eldegoss surprised me the most. It is even different from Tangrowth in that it has superiour special bulk even though Tangrowth has more hp. I can see an Assault Vest being viable on Eldegoss, but that depends on its moveset.

Our new sheep isn't bad at all If it gets a reliable recovery move - and GF really seemed to have learned their lesson from last time -, it wouldn't be farfetch'ed, to be honest. It could have a place in monotype since as of now we no longer have Chansey, Staraptor or Porygon2.

The other normal Pkm isn't bad as well. It will probably have Strong Jaw given the dex entry. To differentiate itself from the sheep and Diggersby, let's hope it has some niche in VGC. Super Fang coupled with decent physical bulk is a start.

Then, on Bolthund or whatever its name is. It's surprisingly quite fast, but, as expected, it's frail. Its attack stats are a little bit low. However, it has access to Strong Jaw and appears to be a mixed attacker. Either way, it might be more effective as a revenge killer when all the opponent Pkm are weakened enough.

On another note, I feel like this is The generation with the highest amount of new fast Pkm.

Also found Clover Sweet and Star Sweet.

Applin evolves with the Tart Apple.
God DAMMIT. Why does Game Freak always feel the need to introduce items that serve no purpose other than to evolve something?

Leaker says the evolution is by "spinning around" (this is also a hint in the item description).

At least the spinning is cool. Kinda like actually whipping cream.

Alright, six more pages to go before I'm caught up.

Ditto Fyi, In the spreadsheet it lists G-Max Wildfire's effect as setting up fire spin, but the actual effect text stated on the official site matches the field effect of fire+grass pledge more. I believe Serebii wrote down fire spin when Gigantamax Charizard was revealed, but I suspect that is an error given the actual effect descriptions (unless somehow the official site got their own descriptions mixed up).

====

As for other overnight reveals, I'm a little bit disappointed that Grapploct is so slow and that Cursola's defense is practically non-existent. Hopefully Grapploct's bulk is high enough that it can take some hits while getting its signature move off, or that it has an alternate ability that helps in some way. Mostly concerned at the moment about them not becoming dead weight during an in-game run by getting KO'd all the time, but will be interested to see if they have utility in battle spot formats.

I guess in the course of making up for gen 7's middling speeds GF also decided to make a lot more Trick Room mons, because although we've been getting pretty excited about Dragapult etc's speed, a fair amount of these mons are slow.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ditto Fyi, In the spreadsheet it lists G-Max Wildfire's effect as setting up fire spin, but the actual effect text stated on the official site matches the field effect of fire+grass pledge more. I believe Serebii wrote down fire spin when Gigantamax Charizard was revealed, but I suspect that is an error given the actual effect descriptions (unless somehow the official site got their own descriptions mixed up).
Checked it out, seems right to go with Pledge effect. Changed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)