Pokemon You Should Be Using in OU and Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The idea is to write about Pokémon who are currently UU/RU, but who are viable enough in the OU metagame to warrant OU status. The goal of this article is to uncover hidden gems and to positively shape the future of OU. I will focus on specific sets that I believe to be particularly strong.

I plan to write about Mew, Blastoise, and Medicham.

Note:

Is the correct agreement "Pokémon who" or "Pokémon that?"

Thanks!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved, this is definitelöy an important topic to cover since usage stats are still a bit messy even several months into XY. Although if you could, I'd like to see more examples than the three you mentioned. Either way, you should now have access to the workshop, so here's some general guidelines:

1) Get your stuff done on time. If there's ever a situation that comes up, talk with The Smog Staff, and we'll make accommodations. The key here is communication; we need to hear from you if something is up that will prevent you from meeting the deadline. Try to get your stuff done in two weeks if possible, in order to give the GP/HTML/art team time to get everything done.

2) Don't leak any of our stuff until the release happens. This includes art and any other information. If you ever want feedback on your work or have questions, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (if you don't have IRC, you can PM me or another staffer on the forums and I'll give you a link).

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask The Smog Staff. When you post your thread in the Article Workshop, you need to set labels for it. You'll need to set the issue's number too. For the tags that say WIP, Grammar, etc, those are the stages your article are in. Since you'll ideally be working on the article after posting your thread, mark it as WIP. When you finish, move it to Grammar and get it checked twice by other people. Afterward is the HTML stage and someone will put it into HTML code. Your article will eventually get art done for it and it'll be complete!
The deadline for the next issue has passed, so this will be slated for Issue 35. Welcome aboard!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just wanted to say, while I don't think we know each other, welcome back to The Smog! You being here since Issue 5 is pretty crazy!

Reverb

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks, when is that issue due?

Also, I think I'll include Amoonguss and Gothitelle (who is actually BL).

EDIT:

Thanks, Flora.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, that's this issue, where the writer deadline was April 13th, where everything else gets an additional week to handle the workload. The next issue might be released anywhere from 5-7 weeks from now, so you have ample time. :M

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh and Reverb, I totally forgot to answer this. Pokemon who or that depends on you. If you're like using he/she to refer to a Pokemon, then you use "who" but otherwise, if you're referring to the Pokemon as an it, then you use "that."

Reverb

Okay, so which sentence is correct. "Pokemon who are dragon types, learn Draco Meteor;" or "Pokemon that are dragon types, learn Draco Meteor."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)