Other Prisoner's Deception

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've created a game that is more along the lines of resistance than mafia, rules below.

Ideal player amount is 15 but can probably adjust in multiples of 3 based on demand.

Rules:

No outside communication.
Players are randomly distributed into three equal-sized teams. A player's team is only known to that player.
Each round, there is a vote to send players into a prisoner's dilemma. The top two vote-getters are forced to play out a prisoner's dilemma in secret.
The two players involved in the prisoner's dilemma can communicate privately until the round is over.
The results of the prisoner's dilemma will be as follows:
-One defector, one cooperator: The defector earns 3 points for his team.
-Two cooperators: Each cooperator earns 1 point for his team.
-Two defectors: All votes for each defector for the rest of the game count as 0.
The score for each team is publicly announced after every third round.
The first team to reach 10 points wins. If two teams reach 10 points at the same time, the third team will win.

My initial timetable for cycle length is 48 hours for voting and 24 hours for prisoner's dilemma, ending earlier if both players send their choices ahead of time. This is flexible though so if you think it should be different, your opinion is welcome.

I haven't decided when the game will start so please let me know if you are interested. One of the things I am interested in is regarding players of the current Matrix NOC. If you are in that game and are interested in this game, please let me know if you would prefer to wait until the NOC winds down before starting this or if you can handle both at the same time. Additionally, if you are interested but will be busy for the holiday season, let me know.

Lastly, if you are not interested in playing but wouldn't mind helping me host, let me know. Basically all I'd need is vote-counts and occasional updates, nothing too complicated.

In:

CaffeineBoost
Energy
Jalmont
Magii

Interested:
Duskfall98 - After Christmas
Blazade - After New Years

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
My post wasn't an in btw, it was saying that this is a super cool thing, Zorbees.

Still not playing a game with apricity in it and certainly not playing a game he cohosts after his last time hosting.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would like to play this but don’t really want to spend weeks doing so - it doesn’t feel like much would happen in the intervening time.

If this could be converted to an RTS game on Discord I would definitely play. Just a suggestion - I do think it would work fine on a forum as well and it could be hosted on both tbh since all the rules are public.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)