Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
i dont watch raw or smackdown but i am flabbergasted that they released maximum male models. what the fuck, i want my juices tittilated

WWE unfortunately had no real plans for them (especially after HHH took over) and the death blow was when Maxxine left them for Alpha Academy.

Pretty boring, as usual.

Also, today is the day of mass WWE talent releases due to "budget cuts". Here's who has been released so far:
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Elias
  • Mustafa Ali
  • Shelton Benjamin
  • Top Dolla
  • Riddick Moss
  • Emma
  • Aliyah
  • Rick Boogs
  • Mansoor (Mån.sôör)
  • Mace (Ma.çé)
  • Shanky

• Dabba-Kato (AKA Babatunde and Commander Azeez)
  • Yulisa Leon
  • Daniel McArthur
  • Quincy Elliott
  • Bryson Montana
  • Dana Brooke

Most of them besides Ali weren't doing anything on TV so it won't really have much of an effect on the product, but it still sucks to see so many people lose their jobs. Best of luck to them!
I heard about Ziggler and the main roster, But Dana got released? Darn y'all.

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
i dont watch raw or smackdown but i am flabbergasted that they released maximum male models. what the fuck, i want my juices tittilated
I couldn't agree more, the original Maximum Male Models had me loling. LA Knight was also not the original Maxine Dupree, fun fact.

Well, I was watching this week's RAW and while I was watching Kevin And Cody's segment, I heard Cody use the line "The very best in the world." Could this be a hint that CM Punk is returning?

It was a better Raw than usual, despite the repetition in the main event. The crowd was really great and made a lot of noise - I was pleasantly surprised at how loud the reactions for Ciampa and Tegan Nox were.

Wrestlers that might return in 2023/2024:
The Dudley Boyz (They are featured in WWE 2K24 so what would be the reason for that? Possibly a return.)
Big E? (This is because he attended a Smackdown event and is getting ready to be in the ring)
Stone Cold Steve Austin (The Rock did mention him to Austin Theory)
CM Punk (Lots of speculation and HHH allowing him to work with them)
That's all I have so far, what do you think?
It was a better Raw than usual, despite the repetition in the main event. The crowd was really great and made a lot of noise - I was pleasantly surprised at how loud the reactions for Ciampa and Tegan Nox were.
Well, Ciampa is looking to get that Intercontinental Title. So it would make since for people to cheer. Could it be possible for Tegan Nox to defeat Becky and get the NXT title?

As much as I'd love to see it, there is NO way Tegan beats Becky. But just being able to have a competitive match on her with TV will be huge considering how much nothing she's done since returning last year.

Also, the Dudleyz are returning to WWE on a Legends' contract but I can't see them doing much in-ring besides some nostalgia spots on special shows.

Big E - idk, there was a news story not that long ago that doctors told him he may not wrestle again. I hope he does get cleared though.

Austin - ehhh I don't think him being mentioned in that Rock-Theory segment really means anything. Maybe he'll show up for a WrestleMania spot who knows.

Punk - probably more likely than the previous two but apparently there are people in high places in the WWE hierarchy who are very opposed to him coming back

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
I heard that the WWE asked CM Punk to leave the vicinity while he was backstage at Monday Night Raw in his hometown of Chicago earlier this year, I don't think we will see him return to the WWE. Maybe I'm wrong.

I heard that the WWE asked CM Punk to leave the vicinity while he was backstage at Monday Night Raw in his hometown of Chicago earlier this year, I don't think we will see him return to the WWE. Maybe I'm wrong.
many talents have made it clear they didn't like him and even a week or so ago people were reading into Nick Khan's comments about Punk (and I am a Punk fan but agree he's become a nuisance so don't necessarily diagree with hesitance) so i'm sure Punk coming into WWE even if he didnt wouldn't be... so quick...
perhaps at Rumble since thats his last show before he left years ago *IF HE DID*

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
many talents have made it clear they didn't like him and even a week or so ago people were reading into Nick Khan's comments about Punk (and I am a Punk fan but agree he's become a nuisance so don't necessarily diagree with hesitance) so i'm sure Punk coming into WWE even if he didnt wouldn't be... so quick...
perhaps at Rumble since thats his last show before he left years ago *IF HE DID*
I did not even think about the rumble, that is a good time to bring people back.
I heard he has been commentating for a Amateur wrestling league or show that he was once a part of and they welcomed him back.
IF they did bring him back, would they promote him quickly or just have him on here and there I wonder...

I did not even think about the rumble, that is a good time to bring people back.
I heard he has been commentating for a Amateur wrestling league or show that he was once a part of and they welcomed him back.
IF they did bring him back, would they promote him quickly or just have him on here and there I wonder...
i think both Punk and WWE would be able to look honestly at his AEW run (health wise) and give him sumn similar to a Bryan Danielson in AEW deal now. -- ofc Punk wouldnt do a full time WWE schedule now. just some big matches (mostly on PLEs, some on tv)/mostly promos type thing to hype up numbers.
which i mean look how they hyped up Jade signing. they do wanna make waves lol.

*edit* i only said Rumble cus WWE likes those kinda bookmark things lol.

Did anyone see that part when a man in a chair was watching WCW? What does that mean?
Brian Pillman Jr if I had to guess. The person was watching specifically Cincinnati Bengals football (who his father played for in the 80s) and early 90s WCW Saturday Night (which his father competed frequently on).

Breaking news: Brian Pilman JR is signed to WWE and is getting ready to go to NXT.
I wonder if SMACKDOWN is going to be good tomorrow.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed that SD ep. Quite a few hilarious moments (Michin slapping Jimmy, Bobby blindly back elbowing the LWO guy) and two great matches. It also further built to Fastlane really well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)