PS3 Games....

Idea ripped from Surgo I'll admit but the point of this thread is to discuss great/dissapointing games you've played on the PS3 and of course to suggest/warn others about PS3 games with your valuable experience. :P

The PS3 games I've played so far:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue-as realistic as it gets in the racing games series and yeah I was so hyped about GT5 I actually bought this. The cars are beautiful but the lack of variety in cars and races combined with the amount of cheaters that pissed me off while online kind of ruined it for me. IMO don't buy this, just wait for the real deal.

Assassin's Creed- Bigass dissapointment. The gameplay and setting is just amazing but it gets very repetitive and the ending sucks so bad. Definantly wasted $60 when I should have rented it. I'm never buying another game I'm unsure of ever again. I'll get my little bro to do it.:P

Soul Calibur IV-Eh..IMO this game you either love or you hate it. I couldn't get into it but maybe that's because I'm just horrible at it and got stomped Online lol..:) Definantly pretty and nice gameplay though.

Stuntman Ignition-Kinda crappy but you what you do is basically you're a stuntman working in Hollywood and you do some pretty sweet stunts. I found it kind of annoying and definantly wouldn't buy it. It makes me feel better that my little bro bought this and pretty much all "our" PS3 games except for Assassin's Creed and GT5 Prologue. I play 99% of the time and plus...I'm bigger so yeah what's he gonna do.

Grand Theft Auto IV-I'm sure you've all read enough reviews on this, and this is the only game I've mentioned so far that I'd buy. By now you guys should notice it's hella hard for me to accept a game as "good" and as valuable as it costs. Personally I had more fun with San Andreas because I got bored right away after beating the main storyline on this game. But it's definantly an amazing game and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to cause some virtual mayhem.

Ridge Racer 7- I actually had a lot of fun on this game especially the Grand Prix stuff. Here you pretty much drive these wacky cars with no physics involved and it's pretty fun until you get into online play like I did and realize you sucked at it. It's all about boosting up nitros gauges and drifting correctly to once again, boost nitros gauges. It's pretty decent IMO.

The only game I own that I'd actually recommend buying would be GTA4. Well you could throw in Soul Calibur 4 if you're a fan, I suppose. :P

So yeah, make some recommendations/stuff to look farward to/rant/idk do w/e.

Personally I'm looking forward to Fallout 3 and Resistance. The UFC game might be fun too.

...oh yeh I'm pretty sad I never got CoD4 since apparantly everyone and their mother plays it but w/e I think I'll just wait for cod5.

Dude.. you didn't mention Metal Gear Solid 4.

Metal Gear Solid 4 IS PS3.

But on another note, I keep hearing good things about this new game coming out named Little Big Planet. On top of that, Resistance 2(a FPS) is gonna offer 60 man battles online, and this is coming from a series that was praised as one of PS3's limited gems during it's early days. Add together Ratchet and Clank and you alllmost have a reason to get a PS3 these days. I personally feel I spent five hundred bucks to play MGS4. Especially since FFXIII is going to 360..

Devil May Cry 4- Essential if you like action games whatsoever. Yeah, the story's a little cheesy, but the voice acting is top-notch, as is the gameplay. There are more options to combo, and Nero's entirely new skillset add a much-needed, refreshing style of action you can't really find in any other game. This series is the reason I got a PSTRIPPLE. (MGS 4 as well but that's for another day)

Yeah, it is too bad that you didn't get CoD4. The ingame plotline is kinda stale after a couple times, but who does that instead of online play?

Yeah I'm thinking about picking it up. Kinda unsure though since I've never played any of the MGS games before.

It is the highest selling game on the PS3, AND it was one of the titles that was being discussed when the PS3 debuted 2 years ago, and trust me, the game doesn't disappoint!

They do relate to previous games a lot, but they show clips of most of them and thoroughly explain the relevance of why they are bringing them back. If you still have your PS2 or your PS3 is backwards capable, you can get the Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection. It is only $30, and it has ALL 3 previous metal gear solid games.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do not play MGS4 without playing MGS1 - 3. You'll probably miss a lot of cool references. I haven't played MGS4 yet though. Just play MGS1 or Twin Snakes and then MGS2 and MGS3: Subsistence. Get the Essentials Collection if you wanna play MGS1 instead of Twin Snakes.

You need to justify your PS3 purchase! You have a bunch of games that are also on the 360 and really no exclusives =P Try Uncharted?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)