psst, click me (suggestions wanted)

OK so i have done a pretty comprehensive play through with this team, (which started out much different than it is here) consisting of almost 200 battles, and this specific team being used for the last 60 or so to pretty good success.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

OK This guy has been on and off of this team for several different reasons. I started with fero, mostly because it was the most common rocks/spikes setter I had seen. After playing a few games and getting to know the meta better, I dropped him for forretress because my team at one point had a major rock weekness so i used forre to set and remove hazards. Eventually i realized that ferothorn was a better offensive poke, especially with gyro ball, which deals loads of damage. I did not put spikes on this set because in the new meta I have seen a lot of talonflame, and rotom wash who are immune to spikes, and i find that having protect really helps rack up the leech seed damage and healing. The main problem i have with ferrothorn is the item, I often find myself switching back and forth between leftovers and rocky helmet, I would definitely appreciate some weigh in on that matter.

In summary my main concerns for ferro are:
Leftovers Vs Rocky Helmet
Does something else do this job better?

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Gyarados Is one of the more recent adds to my team, and if i had to point to a single pokemon as my best add this would be it. At the time of adding Gyarados I had a major fire weakness, so i was looking for a good water type, and Gyarados has fit in greatly with my team. I usually wait for a free switch in and get in a Dragon Dance, mainly to help with speed and allow moxie to make gyarados more and more powerfull. Problems with Gyarados include its inability to deal with rotom wash (who seems to be the bane of this team's existance) It is also 4x week to electric which is never a good thing (even though i do have donphan)

Main concerns:
How to deal with rotom wash
Should Dragon Dance be droped for more coverage?

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

This was the pokemon that this team was made around, I absolutely love chandelure. This thing has an amazing special attack stat and an amazing movepool. The only questions I have ever had were the item and the final moveslot, but in playing nearly 200 games, i think that psychic greatly outclasses HP fighting, and choice scarf really makes chandelure a great sweeper, especially if i get a flash fire boost.

Main concerns:
I have had a lot of people tell me to drop psychic for HP fighting and i honestly don't see how that is any better, if you are going to suggest that please give me some support as to why.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard

This is the most recent add to the team, and I was very pleased when i thought of adding it. It was like finding the final piece that completes a puzzle, I originally had excadrill, which really made my fire weakness alarmingly obvious, But now donphan is the offensive spinner i have always dreamed of, not to mention that it can take care of fire types, and helps when i predict my opponent is going to use an electric move on gyarados.

Main concerns:
Ice shard Vs seed bomb
Should i run different EV's to make it more tanky?
I have tinkered with assault vest but havent really found out how to make it work

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Bug Bite

This Is the biggest threat that I have on this team. Now I do not consider myself to be a cocky player, but when I get this guy set up, I often find myself getting GG typed and ready in the chat box. It has amazing typing, leaving it weak only to fire types, which is still the most common weakness on this team. It is able to boost in pretty much every situation where fire is not a predicted move.

Main concerns:

No source of healing

Pretty predictable

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Last but certainly not least is breloom. Don’t let this derpy mushroom fool you, he packs a serious punch. This poke has saved me from many sticky situations with the sash spore combo. I have found that as long as I can get a free switch with all of the hazards removed from the field, I can pretty much guarantee myself a sleeping pokemon, and a 2x boost on my breloom, who can effectively sweep through opposing teams who do not pack either resistances or priority.

Main concerns:

Weak to talonflame and volcarona (both pretty common)

Rather frail

Pretty useless if my spinner doesn’t do it’s job

So that’s it for the team so I will leave you with some short parting notes.

Problem pokemon for this team:

Talonflame – Outside of gyarados and chandelure I don’t have much that can hit it hard

Volcarona- outside of gyarados I have nothing that can hit it very hard

Kanghaskhan Mega- Just annoying in general as my team has no true counter outside of mach punch breloom

Rotom Wash- prolific WoW user as well has having electric and water stab which ruins my Gyarados Donphan combo

Mandibuzz- foul play and taunt ruin a lot of my boosters, and I have very little that can hit it hard

Problem moves in general

Will o Wisp - team is mostly physically offensive

Foul Play – team is mostly physically offensive

well first off you have 3 setup sweepers on your team. Imo that is pretty overkill. Try to limit yourself to 2 max. Also, for your argument as to why should you use HP Fighting over Psychic over Chandlelure, it's simple: Heatran. Your team is seriously Heatran weak. Once Gyara dies, Heatran is pretty much free to do whatever it wants to your team. Also Breloom seems a bit out of place on your team. I think something like an Assault Vest Conkeldurr would help against the M-Kang threat as well as give be a good check to Rotom-W, by tanking hits and absorbing status. Conkeldurr can also take care of Mandibuzz and Volcarona.
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

You may want to use max hp and max sp.def EV's to better take special hits since guts will give you a lot of attack if you become statused.

Donphan is a pretty underwhelming spinner for offensive teams thought you would have to find a new scizor set i would recommend a mega blastoise for your offensive spinner

well first off you have 3 setup sweepers on your team. Imo that is pretty overkill. Try to limit yourself to 2 max. Also, for your argument as to why should you use HP Fighting over Psychic over Chandlelure, it's simple: Heatran. Your team is seriously Heatran weak. Once Gyara dies, Heatran is pretty much free to do whatever it wants to your team. Also Breloom seems a bit out of place on your team. I think something like an Assault Vest Conkeldurr would help against the M-Kang threat as well as give be a good check to Rotom-W, by tanking hits and absorbing status. Conkeldurr can also take care of Mandibuzz and Volcarona.
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

You may want to use max hp and max sp.def EV's to better take special hits since guts will give you a lot of attack if you become statused.
hmm i might just try that, its unfortunate though, i really liked the little mushroom, but what you are saying does make sense, currently i don't feel heatran ruins this team as i have gyarados, donphan, and breloom, but i will definitely try that conkledurr set

I think that you should make one of your biggest threats one of your biggest benefits. You should drop the mega evolve on scizor(one of my fav pokemon but underwhelming mega evolve) and take out breloom like KidX said but instead put in the almighty kangaskan. Think about it he is just too good. You think that you should prewrite gg on scizors setup than you have never seen kangaskan seting up. This is the reccomended setup for him.

Big Momma (Kangaskan)
Item: Kangaskanite
Ability: Scrappy
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPE
Moves:
-Return
-Power Up Punch
-Earthquake
-Sucker Punch

I think that you should make one of your biggest threats one of your biggest benefits. You should drop the mega evolve on scizor(one of my fav pokemon but underwhelming mega evolve) and take out breloom like KidX said but instead put in the almighty kangaskan. Think about it he is just too good. You think that you should prewrite gg on scizors setup than you have never seen kangaskan seting up. This is the reccomended setup for him.

Big Momma (Kangaskan)
Item: Kangaskanite
Ability: Scrappy
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPE
Moves:
-Return
-Power Up Punch
-Earthquake
-Sucker Punch
Considering there's talk about banning it, making new teams to use it is useless when they'll have to replace it a couple weeks time with how many people who are up in arms about it being quickbanned.

Anyways, I'd keep your rocky helmet Ferro for now to take care of mega kanga (somewhat) and then switch it to leftovers if they quickban Kanga. I'm in congruence with everyone else about the underwhelming nature of mega Scizor and the oddness of your breloom on your team. Have you considered Mega Ampharos? It's reasonably bulky and acts as a good check if not counter to Rotom-W though its speed leaves much to be desired. Mega Blastoise I've found would probably not fit well on your team since your donphan is playing a crucial role. Considering that heatran has a 4x weakness to -ground- donphan or Excadrill would be your best bet since heatran would -not- enjoy an EQ at all

As for your Gyarados, since it's running Moxie I think if you took dragon dance off there's a possibility Moxie would fill that role but I'd probably replace leftovers with something like choice scarf since moxie only does attack and Gyarados -will- be outsped by some of its greatest threats.

I am really supprised to here people say that mega scizor is under whelming, I find it to be one of the best megas out there, and i don't really think that kangaskhan mega is gonna be usable for very long beings that it is probably gonna be banned so i don't want to start making a team with it. I guess that i will try something different from breloom

Hello.

Thanks in advance for the request and very interesting team you have here.Couple issues I see is that Donphan isn't really a very good spinner in my opinion,it doesn't really give you much synergy so to help remedy that I recommend you try out Life Orb Defog Latias over Donphan so you can also have a reliable way to switch into Rotom-Wash as Latias doesn't really mind a burn and can take Volt Switch and Hydro Pump for days and synergizes well with Scizor.

Breloom is kind of the weak link of the team so I recommend you try out Choice Scarf Terrakion over Breloom as it does get better speed and can check Talonflame with relative ease as Talonflame won't stay in on a Stone Edge and you easily outspeed it and kill it with it.I normally am against the idea of two scarfers but I think it's necessary.And you get a solid Mega Kangaskhan revenge killer.

Couple nitpicks here I recommend you try out Superpower over Knock off as your current Scizor set can be walled by Ferrothorn without much problems as it can beat you up with it's ability + Rocky Helmet and Ferrothorn can take a +2 Bug Bite but it can't take a +2 Superpower which can help you out quite nicely in those type of situations.

I also think you should try out HP fighting over Psychic as you don't really need as you are inmune to Fighting,you resist Poison and it's quite unnecessary on a Ghost Type.HP fighting allows you to check Tyranitar which can take an Energy Ball relatively well but it's can't take a HP fighting too well.

I suggest you run an odd number on Gyarados' HP EV's as that way you can live 5 Stealth Rock switch-ins as oppose to only 4.

Sets:

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Surf
- Thunderbolt/Psyshock/HP Fire
- Dragon Pulse

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Hope my suggestions were helpful or at least thought-provoking.

It was an honor rating your team and good luck! :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)