Project PU Battle of the Whenever [Akir vs Tj]

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I lost in 3 ggs to Dundies. I guess now you post thoughts on the games, although I'll upload them later and post that link here as well.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-360427536
Game 1 was a fun one, I was screwed early by bringing an incredibly weird Gabite set opting for both roar and toxic for whatever reason so I couldn't KO his vullaby. In the middle there was a lot of dancing around metang, then I had the opportunity to clean with Drifblim as long as I got a full para once out of 4 opportunities, fortunately (for me) the odds pulled through. I was sure I dropped it after the 0 speed regice roll though. e: dundies tells me lumineon outspeeds max modest regice somehow

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-360433674
Game two was just lol, in general I don't feel like the team doesn't have an awful stall matchup but specifically bringing max spdef audino and clefairy on the same team so lapras didn't have any room to breathe and having swalot as a backup Jumpluff stop ended it rather quickly.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-360438364
Game 3 was fun again, I had built the team pre-crustle so that was a massive threat in the background. Overall I could've played it a lot more offensively, trying to take it safe and not going with my gut got Simisage burned early and a crucial volt on Grumpig. In the end it just came down to two separate rolls in my favor, neither of which I got. Hitting two focus blasts to stay out of range of rotom would've sealed the deal and living the Tbolt with Drifblim also would've led to me sweeping and both odds were better for me but close to 50/50. I should have outplayed the coinflip.

Last edited:
I lost in 3 ggs to Dundies. I guess now you post thoughts on the games, although I'll upload them later and post that link here as well.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-360427536
Game 1 was a fun one, I was screwed early by bringing an incredibly weird Gabite set opting for both roar and toxic for whatever reason so I couldn't KO his vullaby. In the middle there was a lot of dancing around metang, then I had the opportunity to clean with Drifblim as long as I got a full para once out of 4 opportunities, fortunately (for me) the odds pulled through. I was sure I dropped it after the 0 speed regice roll though.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-360433674
Game two was just lol, in general I don't feel like the team doesn't have an awful stall matchup but specifically bringing max spdef audino and clefairy on the same team so lapras didn't have any room to breathe and having swalot as a backup Jumpluff stop ended it rather quickly.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-360438364
Game 3 was fun again, I had built the team pre-crustle so that was a massive threat in the background. Overall I could've played it a lot more offensively, trying to take it safe and not going with my gut got Simisage burned early and a crucial volt on Grumpig. In the end it just came down to two separate rolls in my favor, neither of which I got. Hitting two focus blasts to stay out of range of rotom would've sealed the deal and living the Tbolt with Drifblim also would've led to me sweeping and both odds were better for me but close to 50/50. I should have outplayed the coinflip.
Just to clarify, it is max Speed lol.

So game 1 I had Specs Regice, which obviously took a major toll on Megazard's team once I was able to weaken Grumpig, so my plan the whole game was basically just to whittle Grumpig through Pursuit trapping with Metang so Regice could punch some holes. Overall a close game, para at the end was unfort but it happens.

G2 was basically just matchup like Megazard said. Once I got up Stealth Rock I basically had a counter for every Pokemon on his team and he couldn't really do anything. Pretty simple.

G3 I had in the back of my mind that as long as I weakened Lumineon and took out Simisage, I basically could setup on anything and won with Crustle. Lots of 50/50s between Rotom-F and Grumpig / Raichu were pretty fun and I was able to win the majority of them which definitely helped me out in the long run. Like Megazard said, Focus Blast did seal the deal late game, but like I said it happens.

ggs megazard

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll probably be posting more thoughts about these as postcoms, may or may not link but a full live of my thought processes for the set seemed relevant enough to justify the plug
Also, you can now pick from these 5 users: Anty, ShuckleDeath, Dell, Rawmelon, Kaboom (kaboom and teddeh were technically tied in last but he's got seasonal stuff so I didn't randomize it)

MZ

Ok, the second battle is gonna be ShuckleDeath vs Dell!

You can start nominating for the next one. Since it seems clear that lots of people like to vote on the initial 3 then there's barely half that amount voting in the second stage, I'm just going to be cutting out the second stage and extending the part where you vote for 3 people, then just tallying up the top 2 from there. Alternatively, find somebody to like every post in the thread so they don't cost you ego points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)