SM PU PU Team: Rampardos Scarfer (PLS SUGGEST SOME CHANGES I SHOULD MAKE :D)

THE ORIGINAL TEAM (Before Changes)

Uhhmm... Hello again back with the Rampardos team, I deleted the thread before because I felt that it needed to be more organized and the calculations for damage needed to be assessed further. However; from here on the team has been changed alot due to suggestions from people in the PU Chat and also especially from ShuckleDeath. Anyways my goal was to make rampardos the main carry of this team and carry late-game with the hefty attack stat and Head Smash. Along with entry hazards to weaken them to get them in guarantee OHKO range.

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Originally as said earlier Rampardos goal was to demolish the enemy team with its massive attack and combination of Sheer Force bonus with most of his moveset, Choice Scarf and Max Speed is used for outspeeding Pokemons from decent speed tiers (SPE 110) for EX: Dodrio (If it is not scarfed). The moveset starting with Head Smash and Rock Slide are decent STABs, Superpower w/ scarf out speeds and OHKOs Stoutland (nothing more needs to be said). Lastly, Zen Headbutt if for fighting type coverage on the predicted switch to (Gurdurr, Primeape, and etc.) No calcs for what you are surviving because with Ramp you to squishy (prefers to be pivoted with or brought on a resisted move) [Stoutland Sand Rush Calc just to show that you can be outsped by him/her in sand (No Assumptions Here ;3)]. Tanks especially Metang prove to be a great wall vs him his moveset is definetly getting walled by them through experience every move takes 5 moves or above to "faint" a Metang eviolite.

CALCULATIONS FOR RAMPARDOS:

Normal Conditions Stoutland:
["252 Atk Rampardos Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Stoutland: 340-402 (109.3 - 129.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO"]

VS. Under Sand Conditions Sand Rush Choice Banded Stoutland:
[252+ Atk Choice Band Stoutland Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rampardos: 578-682 (172.5 - 203.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO ]
Regice:
["252 Atk Sheer Force Rampardos Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regice: 384-452 (127.5 - 150.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO"]

Regirock:
["252 Atk Rampardos Superpower vs. 252 HP / 180+ Def Regirock: 140-166 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 3 layers of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery"]
Primeape:
["252 Atk Sheer Force Rampardos Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primeape: 408-480 (150.5 - 177.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO"]
[252 Atk Sheer Force Rampardos Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primeape: 144-169 (53.1 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes ]

Poliwrath( Physically Defensive):
[252 Atk Sheer Force Rampardos Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Poliwrath: 204-240 (53.1 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery]

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Mesprit like most of the Pokemons in this team, their goal is to support Rampardos sweep Stealth Rock are good chip damage that builds up for Rampardos, and also Healing Wish and U-turn are great pivots into Rampardos when in a Mesprit vs. Scyther matchup or similar ones. Especially Healing Wish as it provides massive healing for Rampardos who will need it, when he is using Head Smash frequently. Psychic does not need to be further explained STAB moves are appreciated on every mon. {Any Calcs needed for supports or tanks?} To be honest these are reccomended speed ev's for Mesprit in Smogon for out speeding base 50's; however, I wouldve sacrificed the speed into def and spdef because I would rather be slower than base 50's like Aggron the EX: they give to tank a hit and free switch into Ramp with U-turn. Psychic is good vs. Poliwrath but Psyshock gives a higher chance of killing Primeape. Chose Psychic in the end

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Toxic

Alolan-Persian acts like a bulky pivot similar to Mesprit pivoting with Parting Shot, Taunt and Toxic are for tanky units especially toxic for Tangela which takes nothing from Head Smash and needs to be withered. In addition, Taunt to prevent hazards which would hurt this team alot with its massive pivoting and switching in and out from Rampardos. Also Darkinium Z is for Parting Shot mostly pivoting Rampardos to full health from clicking Head Smash alot. Foul Play is the standard add a STAB move to a mon (and it is a bulky pivot so I thought foul play was fine.) [No, Calculations are used as it is a support and wasnt planning to use it to attack more to wither and pivot]. Alolan-Persian EV's spread is self explanatory high speed with max spd is good and Fur Coat with max Hp is also a good combination.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Recover
- Curse

Quagsire is a basic physical tank for team that helps the weakness for my Rampardos from Mudsdale and other ground types that can tank and retaliate in addition can EQ Metangs which wall Ramp as well. Waterfall for those pesky ground types that check Rampardos. Recover, Curse, and Leftovers to boost the overall tankiness of the unit. Quagsire also has Unaware which helps alot if I mess up against a Shell Smash Carracosta thats physical from Aqua Jetting my entire team as Unaware cancels his buffs when on the field; however, special Carracosta (IDK if its a thing but i have being seeing both physical and special equally) is a different story and demolishes Quagsire (not water absorb). That is why the next mon was added to the team. [Quagsires EV's are standard to the mon itself.]

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 156 HP / 224 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin

"On the first time I posted this team I said Hitmonchan does nothing and was overall underwhelming," boy was I wrong the more I used him the more I actually loved using him the attack spread allows you [If I remember correctly to half health Choice Scarf Primeape with Mach Punch which is a threat to Rampardos granted the retaliation will kill you in return its still impressive.] Drain Punch allows for a good recovery option and thunder punch is a ok coverage move. Also as said earlier hazards need to be prevented if possible as alot of pivoting and switching is going to be done so Rapid Spin provides a good removal, furthermore AV gives a good SpDef for mons like Eelektross.

Froslass @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Overall, this Froslass is a speedy hazard setter setting spikes 3 layers if possible and taunt to prevent them as this will be leading most of the time with its good speed and Will-o-Wisp vs the pesky Stoutland's and Hex for the Will-O-Wisp combination that are not normal types. Cursed Body with Colbur berry another option proves to be a great combo when it is pulled off and survives as some people run Knock off as their only Dark move and many mon's as how versatile the move is and hard it hits if the enemy is holding an item. (The EV's spread is self explanatory speed ties occur with mon's in the 110 speed tier and in addition w/ Timid nature allows you to out speed Scyther and the non-existent Swannas out there.)

THE CURRENT TEAM (After Changes)

These are with the implemented changes suggested from the amazing PU Chat and ShuckleDeath. I hope this RMT does not get locked but for Rampardos, Hitmonchan, and Froslass I might skip the explanation as it is explained above I will post the changes from the builds and in addition I will say the change of thinking (if any) of each previous mon that stayed on the team.

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

RAMPARDOS HAS THE EXACT SAME MOVESET, ITEMS, EVS, AND ABILITIES. The only thing that changed about this mon was the way of using him before I thought that Head Smash spam was the way to go but, it was suggested that maybe its best to sweep with RS (Rock Slide) and only use HS (Head Smash) if it is necessary therefore many mons that healed him were changed for example: Alolan-Persian gave the team the weakness to fighting and in addition was a poor turn core to have with Rampardos as Stoutland just spams Superpower. (Mesprit was also changed as suggested)

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Nothing much has changed with Hitmonchan except one move which was thunder punch and it was replaced with stone edge as the moveset earlier was pointed out to be walled by Froslass and there was the reasoning behind replacing thunder punch even thought it was a reliable move it made us get walled by the most fragile mon ever :c and when replacing with stone edge still give us the type coverage vs flying types. Other than that everything should be the same EV's and everything.

Froslass @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

NOTHING HAS CHANGED WITH THIS POKEMON EXCEPT LEFTOVERS Was switched over to colbur berry to live knock off from other physical mons and retaliate with will-o-wisp or get off another layer of spikes. To take note while using this mon its easier to predict a rapid spin and switch into this mon set spikes (3 layers) and then switch into Rampardos when Froslass when it faints to a EX: Alolan-Sandshrew and revenge kill with Superpower keeping the spikes and hazards up. [If possible]

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Curse
- Recover

NO MAJOR CHANGES Except switching waterfall with toxic it helps better vs Mudsdale I found as waterfall does nothing anyways vs it and all your doing is boosting his defense cause of stamina so toxic stall proved to be better supportive for the ground types and tanky counters to Rampardos making them easier to kill in the late game. Curse and recover proved to be mighty handy in any match up besides vs grass types. (For the same reasons as before.)

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Super Fang
- Toxic

This is the first major change that the exchange of Mesprit to Mawile intimidate was very useful versus Stoutland it 3 HKO Mawile after intimidate and in addition to tanking Stoutland it is a great stealth rocker and counter to fighting types that Mesprits role also filled in addition super fang with toxic is a huge help for the tanky mon's that prove to be an issue for the team in general. However; care needs to be taken as leading in with this you run the risk of giving Primeape a Defiant boost with intimidate which is awful and w/ earthquake tanking this mon could prove to be difficult. Overall, I feel that it gives a much more better switch w/ intimidate.

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Taunt

Oricorio also plays a huge role with Rampardos it makes an awesome core as the pivots with Alolan-Persian proved to be weak to fighting this mon covers its weaknesses and can retaliate and also keeps the Z move user in the team. Taunt to prevent a carracosta shell smash vs this mon or just in general hazards/status ailments. Calm Mind, Roost, and Hurricane is a great wall vs grass weaknesses that the Rampardos suffers versus and also acts as a good switch with Quagsire as well. Dancer is its only ability and I find is pretty good if you do have revelation dance.

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Rock Slide
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Taunt

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Super Fang
- Toxic

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Froslass @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Curse
- Recover

PLS SUGGEST CHANGES TO THE TEAM THAT WOULD MAKE IT EVEN BETTER PLS :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)