QC R3 -- whistle's trade thread

Philip7086 the lazy said:
Instead of making your decisions in private, you are all required to make a topic for your assignments, where you will post potential changes you had in mind. The reason we're doing this is so the public can weigh in (hey, they can have good input sometimes too!) and so we can each debate things before posting our final opinions.

MY POKEMON:
Slowbro, Toxicroak, Registeel, Poliwrath

WANTS: Twist of Fate's Sceptile, Synre's Mesprit, Eo Ut Mortus's Moltres and Nidoking

---

UU (Flawless, Redistributable)

Slowbro
OT: PHILLIO
- test the slashes on the bulky water set (ice beam and light screen) and the slash in the last slot of the trick room set because psychic seems more effective 99% of the time.
- perhaps find an alternate ev spread for the bulky water set that is slightly specially defensive to take on fire pokemon in a pinch but definitely be sure not to make it into a shitty slowking.

Toxicroak
OT: WHISTLE
- fix the SD set's attacks. low kick / cross chop, sucker punch, and poison jab / stone edge / ice punch.
- test choice band; at the very least, move it down a few slots.
- test whether hp ice is actually useful on np toxicroak and maybe play around with the slashing of focus blast.
- test 252 hp attack instead of 252 attack speed on the subpunch set.

Registeel
"HITLER"
OT: HEYSUP
- toxic definitely deserves a slash after thunder wave on the wall set.
- does the wall set really need attack evs... maybe move them all to special defense or some to defense.
- does the curse set need attack evs either...
- rest + sleep talk (non-curse) looks horrible or set comments at best
- does the rain dance set... need... attack... evs...
- rhyperior is a good counter and should be added

edit: i mean i know what the attack evs are for... but what kind of mismagius stays in on registeel? if its nasty plot life orb with hp fighting then you are in the same situation since the evs won't kill after just one round of life orb recoil while it 2hkoes you (in fact you can survive with leftovers if you have max sdef to twave or iron head once more but you die if you only have 156+!)

Poliwrath
"POLLY"
OT: HEYSUP
- 16 speed evs to beat all adamant rhyperior
- test bulk up + 3 attacks
- test resttalk + 2 attacks

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why is Polly's OT Heysup. Cheating whore. On a more productive note, I think it's worth mentioning that Polly can run 176 SPE to get the drop on most defensive Milotic and Venusaur. This also runs Jolly aggron, jolly rhyperior, and those weird fast azumarill. Can be useful on sets without sub. Also worth mentioning on Croak that you can run 52 HP EVs to hit a leftovers number (if you're using it), and this also prevents you from being 2hko'd by LO Milotic's ice beam, prevents you from being 3hko'd by the bulky Milotic's ice beam, and increase your chances of avoiding an ohko from some of those gay HP Psychic Milotic. That's the set I use; the EVs can come from SPE or ATK (I take mine from ATK because I'm afraid of offensive milotic and magmortar).

Ice Punch on Registeel is really useful for hitting torterra on the switch and hitting venusaur/leafeon slightly harder so it probably deserves a slash somewhere. I also agree that it doesn't need ATK wtf

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Registeel needs attack EVs to 2HKO Mismagius with Iron Head after a Sub or two rounds of LO recoil.

Not trading with you until you stop savving your Pokemon I know they're hacked.

EDIT: For some reason all the Mismagius I face seem to stay in. I guess just to weaken Registeel for other Pokemon? On second thought, that sounds stupid please disregard this.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Anyone else highly amused by these topics? Too funny...

Honestly for NP Croak I Don't really think HP Ice is too useful. It doesn't get any noteworthy kills. (I mean you 2HKO Altaria who can't really do anything to you.) Dark Pulse nets you the kill on Claydol anyway (who would wall you otherwise)

Focus Blast is definetely a must for Toxicroak. OHKOing Registeel at 2+ and 2HKO Chansey? It's really stalls worse nightmare. Honestly, you Toxicroak is worse against offensive teams, and Focus Blast' shaky accuracy can be a liability, but it's really worth taking down the opponent's Special walls.

I'm thinking it should go:
-Nasty plot
-Sludge Bomb
-Focus Blast
-Fillers (Dark Pulse, HP Ice, Vacuum wave)

Maybe mention Timid. Power loss sucks, but the speed is pretty important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)