Questionably viable ubermetagame pokemon

For the pokemon, it needs some setting up to get the motion going.

Toxicroak @ Life orb
Adamant
Dry skin
[252 atk / rest can vary]
-Swords dance
-Sucker punch
-Taunt
-Brick break

So, this is how I came about this set. Switch in toxicroak on a wall under rain and either swords dance or taunt. From that point you have the option of swords dancing again or just straight out sucker punching the target if you know it will attack you. Taunt eliminates toxicroak's vulnerability to status inflictions and it also helps sucker punch work more often. As for the last moveset, I wasn't really sure what to put on, but I used brick break for stab and blissey (which btw, has just about nothing on toxicroak if it is standard uberbliss). As you may see, toxicroak has a major psychic attack weakness, but good thing in ubers, psychic attacks are almost nonexistent. Toxicroak makes a great anti toxic spikes addition as well.

Damage calcs from toxicroak's sucker punch after 1 swords dance:

Max hp/def giratina (+def nature): Damage: 54.96% - 64.68%
Min hp/def mewtwo (neut nature): Damage: 134.56% - 158.07%
Min hp/def latias (neut nature): Damage: 157.81% - 185.38%
Max hp/def deoxys-d (+def nature): Damage: 74.01% - 87.17%
Min hp/def kyogre (neut nature): Damage: 69.50% - 81.82%
Min hp/def rayquaza (neut nature): Damage: 67.52% - 79.49%
Min hp/def palkia (neut nature): Damage: 67.60% - 79.75%
Max hp/def lugia (+def nature): Damage: 62.98% - 74.28%

Damage calcs from toxicroak's brick break after 1 swords dance:
Min hp/def Darkrai (neut nature): Damage: 237.72% - 279.72%
Max hp/def blissey (+def nature): Damage: 154.76% - 182.21%
Min hp/def groudon (neut nature): Damage: 67.16% - 79.18%
Max hp, 32 def groudon (neut nature): Damage: 55.45% - 65.10%
Min hp/def dialga (neut nature): Damage: 153.67% - 180.94%
Min hp/def arceus? (neut nature): Damage: 137.53% - 161.94%

Just eyeballing these calculations, after a layer or two of sr/spikes, toxicroak is set to ohko most of the listed ubers. Also, an interesting part of toxicroak is that it recovers some good hp every turn from supporting rain, and its fire weakness is neutralized in rain as well. Also, I also forgot to mention that once sleep clause binds out darkrai's dark void, toxicroak is a good switch in. Of course, some ev investment needs to be considered. If you want to match speeds with dialga and the like, you need to max speed. If you don't, then adding sp def evs will help too.

SD-sash. Groudon appeared. It took hi SD whatever. Dryskin activates and he dies. Sadly it could only possible Ko1-2 pokemon and not worth it.

Also, why are you bothering to list Sucker Punch calcs on Giratina without factoring in the inevitable Will-O-Wisp before it ever tries to attack you?

Also, why are you bothering to list Sucker Punch calcs on Giratina without factoring in the inevitable Will-O-Wisp before it ever tries to attack you?
If I read that post right, taunt? If my interpretation wasn't right, you're not supposed to swords dance in front of giratina's face.

Subpunching works really well with Tcroak. In a rainy team it can be better than Breloom at this job, thanks to Sucker Punch and better typing.

Anyway, I had the ubers Tcroak idea this afternoon and it's uncanny that you posted it today :P

Subpunching works really well with Tcroak. In a rainy team it can be better than Breloom at this job, thanks to Sucker Punch and better typing.

Anyway, I had the ubers Tcroak idea this afternoon and it's uncanny that you posted it today :P
Yea, I hate it when that happens with ideas. It's like darwin pulling his book off first before wallace.

Anyways, I just tested some battles with toxicroak, and I have to say....it's golden under rain. I had it under some sunlight, and it didn't lose hp as fast as I imagined. As soon as the rain started again, toxicroak switched in and the next thing you know it was back to good health. Of course, I used this in late game, so it did well sweeping the last 4 weakened pokemon of a certain battle.

Yea, I hate it when that happens with ideas. It's like darwin pulling his book off first before wallace.

Anyways, I just tested some battles with toxicroak, and I have to say....it's golden under rain. I had it under some sunlight, and it didn't lose hp as fast as I imagined. As soon as the rain started again, toxicroak switched in and the next thing you know it was back to good health. Of course, I used this in late game, so it did well sweeping the last 4 weakened pokemon of a certain battle.
Ewww.

But seriously, Toxicroak is underrated. I don't know a thing about ubers, but I've used Toxicroak with GREAT success in OU.

I am assuming this applies to Cacturne as well because it has Swords Dance and STAB Sucker Punch. As well as Focus Punch for incoming Darkrai and let's not forget our STAB Seed Bomb either.

I am assuming this applies to Cacturne as well because it has Swords Dance and STAB Focus Punch for incoming Darkrai and let's not forget our STAB Seed Bomb either.
Cacturne doesn't get STAB Focus Punch. Cacturne is Grass/Dark. It does get STAB on Sucker Punch, though.

This could work, but you need 24 Speed EVs for sure, to out speed giratina's Will-o-wisp.

Focus punch could be another choice over brick break, to hit the switch in, if they get taunted. Because you know it's going to come in just because you get hurt by sunshine. And it should have a near OHKO.

You should also add Damage calculations to Extremespeed Arceus.

While your calcs certainly carry some weight, Toxicroak is unfortunately too frail to survive very long in Ubers. And, of course, Groudon spells instant death. Nevertheless Toxicroak is easily one of the single coolest Pokemon ever and I'm glad you did these calcs to show how awesome he is. I used this moveset (with Cross Chop over Brick Break) in OU and it works really well.

You can always just try to use his other ability, Anticipation, to dodge instant death at Groudon's hands. Not that it matters much.

Calculations were impressive... I'd say it could get a few kills. I wouldn't use it over another uber though.

... and as Jujumoji said, Groudon will ruin it with sunlight.

Toxicroak was godly in OU when I used him on a Brock-themed team.

I love these random UU in ubers ideas, because I'm kinda random. Like my Exploding Qwilfish lead (back when everyone led with ScarfOgre), Primeape as a Darkrai counter, and my Plusle passing Nasty Plots and Agilities to Mewtwo. I also used a CB Seaking once, it did alright (it had Megahorn to actually do something).

Have you tried this yet? It looks like a cool idea, but it looks like it'd have a hard time finding time to Swords Dance.

Does Sucker Punch happen before or after moves like Quick Attack / Extremespeed / Aqua Jet / Ice Shard?

I am assuming before but it is always good to make sure.

If not, the CBQuaza or CBDeoxys-A can kill this frail thing with an Extremespeed.

Does Sucker Punch happen before or after moves like Quick Attack / Extremespeed / Aqua Jet / Ice Shard?

I am assuming before but it is always good to make sure.

If not, the CBQuaza or CBDeoxys-A can kill this frail thing with an Extremespeed.
Who ever has the most Speed goes 1st.

I am willing to try this. It'll help my team a bit.

Ah, I've faced this today in Ubers. :) Anyways it's a pretty good idea, also might wanna consider focus sash over life orb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)