Rain with 3 uncommon pokes!!

Welcome to my Rate My Team. Alot of you don't know me, or all of you. I've been a member for a while now, and this is my 2nd or 3rd RMT. I've spent alot of time planning this team out and synergizing for its weaknesses. My favorite pokemon are Dusknoir and Hydreigon. And
Ghost type is the most kickass team. Now apart from all that garbage, by now you should realize that this is a Rain team. Now, this being a rain team, I will say that I try to stray from the norm and most used pokemon in the VGC metagame. It is very tough because they are
most used for a reason. So half of my team is seen alot, and the other half not so much. I enjoy the VGC/Double style of play alot. The fast paced and different strats that are able to be shown, and peoples creativeness are just amazing. So here ya go bitches.

Dat-Hair @ Wacan Berry
Bold Nature - Drizzle
236 HP/36 DEF/48 SPATK/188 SPDEF​

Icy Wind
Scald
Helping Hand
Protect​

I chose a Bulky Toady because it's my style of play. I enjoy the bulky type, and PoliBitch has some pretty decent bulk on him. And Black 2 has been nice to him, giving him Icy Wind and Helping Hand. He has enough bulk to survive hits and switch in and out as needed to dat rain up. Icy Wind is a spread move with 55 BP, not alot, especialy with just 48 EVs in Special
attack, but it lowers speed of opponents 100% of the time. This move is just an incredible support move, and has the excellent offensive Ice typing. Scald is there for that 30% burn chance. With rain boost, it's doesn't have that bad of attack power to it. Helping Hand just
about synergizes with all of my team. 50% boost to my ally is just fantastic. And protect is protect. Nothing really to say about it. Toed sets up rain and is a bulky pokemon. Fits my
playstyle and he really performs well. :)​

Dat-Speed @ Life Orb
MOdest Nature - Swift Swim
4 HP/252 SPATK/252 SPE​

Dragon Pulse
Muddy Water
Substitute
Protect​

Aaaaalrighty then. Kingdra is staple on rain teams. With Swift swim, amazing typing, defensively and offensively. Dragon Pulse > Draco Meteor because I'm not a fan of the -2 SPATK, and it does the job it needs to. Muddy Water is an amazing move. Spread move with 95 BP and STAB plus rain boost... It comes with a price: 85 accuracy. That can really hurt the
game, result in a loss that should've been a win, but with a double edged sword, you have to realize that youo will miss. Gots to live wit it. Substitute is to waste berries (very rare for dragon type berries), and prevents status. Protect because poor Kingdra is a flimsy wet noodle, that people don't like. It's very important to keep the rain up when I have Kingdra alive, which is why I rarely lead with the very infamous Politoed + Kingdra lead, I usually keep them for safe keeping in the back. :)​

Dat-Dizzy @ Fighting Gem
Careful Nature - Intimidate
252 HP/116 ATK/140 SPDEF​

Close Combat
Rock Slide
Fake Out
Protect​

Hitmontop is so common, and foor good reason. Fake Out support and Intimidate support, that fits on any team, not too mention he has a bit of bulk with him. The EV's and tailored spicificly that he lives a Gem boosted Draco Meteor from Latios. The rest were dumped into attack to give him
some attack power. Close Combat is a very strong move, with the cost of Defensive drops, but he rarely stays in. Fake Out is for dem mind games. Double Protects happen when Top hits the field, which will usually give me a free switch in so something better suited to the match up. Protect is for after Close Combat drops, he becomes easy priority targeting. Not much to say about him because everyone has either used him or fought him. If played correctly he's a threat on his own. :)​

NOW WE GET IN DA FUN SHIT!!!

Dat-Sexy @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature - Pressure
32 HP/4 DEF/252 SPATK/4 SPDEF/216 SPE​

HURRICANE!!!
Overheat
Hidden Power Ground
U-Turn​

So Moltres is just a freakin sexy monster. Hurricane is a devestating move, with a 30% chance to confuse. Amazing. Overheat is so I can get as much power as I can if the rains up. HP Ground is a nasty surprise for opposing Heatran or any other Fire or Steel or electric types who dare show up to the field. U-Turn is so I can GTFO of a bad matchup. The thing with Moltres is knowing when to NOT use her. She has really bad defensive typing, and can fall easily to common Poke attacks. But her pure attack power would usually be enough to benefit from being on the team. Moltres isn't used much, so people don't really know what to expect, but good players
would assume it's a Scarfed Hurricane abuser, and they'd be right. Moltres has proven her worth for this team, and also deserves a spot on my rain teams. :)​

Dat-Pose @ Dark Gem
Brave Nature - Defiant
220 HP/252 ATK/ 36 SPDEF​

Sucker Punch
Night Slash
Low Kick
Protect​

Bisharp is the designated Steel Type for this team. With STAB Sucker Punch and Dark Gem, Latios better watch ya back son! Night Slash is for Cress and bulky Ghost Psychic types that don't attack much. Low Kick is for the Steel and Dark types, and it works well in the meta due to all of the heavy pokemon that are used, namely Tyranitar and Hydreigon. Protect is a no-brainer. Now, out of all this good shizz that I have explained, things are not easy for the kickass looking swordman. You have to have experience and have a good feel for the he is played, because a wrong move will cost you. With Steel and Dark typing, he is also common bait for Fighting type attacks, which are very common in the VGC. With all of the Intimidate teams and Icy Winds going around, Defiant is a fairly excellent ability to abuse. +2 in attack when stats are lowered, what a great ability. :)​

Dat-Balance @ Chople Berry
Bold Nature - Clear Body
236 HP/96 DEF/176 SPATK​

Ice Beam
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Protect​

Regice, why u have Ice type? Although he is cursed with Ice typing, he has 580 BST and a 200 Base Special Defense. That's nothing to laugh at. His EV's give him enough bulk to satisfy my playstyle, and put enough offensive pressure on my opponent. Ice Beam is stab Ice Beam, what else to say about it. I love it, and Thunder is too abuse rain. T-Wave to stop those threats that are fairly common around here. Protect is only because I couldn't find anything else that was of more use. Why I chose Regice is beyond me, but I'm glad I chose him over Lunar Duck and other common pokes. Although not used much, Ice King is a fun pokemon
to use, and should not be taken lighty. :)​

Before I end this RMT I would like to say, that when I first started getting into cometitive battling, you can't just throw a team of Psuedo-Legendaries on a team and win. You must understand why you chose your pokemon and the roles they fill (lol Regice). Not everyone
will do great with this team, and that's because I chose all of them together with a thought
process in mind, altough I didn't put it down in here. I would like all feedback and opinions.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and enjoy your pokemon lifes peeeps.​

:D​

~~Politoed @ Wacan Berry~~
Bold Nature - Drizzle
236 HP/36 DEF/48 SPATK/188 SPDEF
Icy Wind
Scald
Helping Hand
Protect

~~Kingdra @ Life Orb~~
MOdest Nature - Swift Swim
4 HP/252 SPATK/252 SPE
Dragon Pulse
Muddy Water
Substitute
Protect

~~Hitmontop @ Fighting Gem~~
Careful Nature - Intimidate
252 HP/116 ATK/140 SPDEF
Close Combat
Rock Slide
Fake Out
Protect

~~Moltres @ Choice Scarf~~
Modest Nature - Pressure
32 HP/4 DEF/252 SPATK/4 SPDEF/216 SPE
Hurricane
Overheat
Hidden Power Ground
U-Turn

~~Bisharp @ Dark Gem~~
Brave Nature - Defiant
220 HP/252 ATK/ 36 SPDEF
Sucker Punch
Night Slash
Low Kick
Protect

~~Regice @ Chople Berry~~
Bold Nature - Clear Body
236 HP/96 DEF/176 SPATK
Ice Beam
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Protect

Sorry for all the text :D
I love you all​

Your team all does not do well against fighting types who often carry rock moves for moltres + tyranitar has low sweep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)