Random team, I constructed. Would love feedback

Today at 9:54 AM
Hey, so I built this team, not really having a specfic goal. I just wannaget some feedback on it. I never expect this team to be meta or anythin. I'm just new to competive Pokemon, and just wanna know if I'm on the right mindset. Let me know what you think.

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
ability: scRene grace
EVs 252 hp 160 def 96 Spe
Bold nature
dazzling gleam
airslash
thunderbolt
flamethrower.
i chose Togekiss, mainly because of all the Dragapults, you see. It's a very threatening Pokemo, with decent bulk, decent offence, and great coverage. I chose lum berry, to deal with toxic, burn and stuff. Though, I am very tempted to change items.

Sandaconda @ focus sash
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 4hp- 252atk-252 spe
Adament nature
earthquake
stealth rock
rock tomb
glare
a very great Pokemon, i think. Being able to outspeed so many relavent Pokemon, as well as being a very intimidating with earthquake. I use Glare, as speed is vital, at the minute, and being able to para something can prove gamechanging. I use focus sash, to ensure I get a glare off, or lower ther speed with rock tomb.

Jellicent @ Colbur berry
Ability: Cursed body
EVs: 252hp- 252def-252spD
bold nature
scald
recover
will o wisp
taunt
this mon , proves to be a Great Wall. Being able to will o wisp, a excadrill is insane. I've also been able to wall tyranitar, with the help of will o wisp and recover. Colbur berry, is just to help with longjevity.

Appleton @ Leftovers
Ability: thick fat
EVs 252hp- 252def-4spD
bold nature
apple acid,
recover
leech seed
dragon pulse
I envisioned this Pokemon to be a wall, as well. Leach seed, can be extremely annoying, he's quite tough to handle. Also, being able to lower spD thanks to apple acid, is very handy for Togeikiss. Looking at him now, Appleton, is the weaklink on my team. Which is a shame, but I think I have to start looking for replacements.

Toxicroak @ lifeorb
ability: dryskin
EVs: 252atk- 4spD- 252spe
jolly nature
drain Punch
gunk shot,
sucker punch
swords dance
ive always loved this mon, and wanted to see if I could make him competive. He's pretty fast and quite strong. im unsure if he beats Togekiss in a 1v1, I hope he does. But I still think he's decent. Swords dance, can be really effective, paired with sucker punch. Though, I don't know when to use it. Dry skin: being unaffected by water, is pretty nice. Though, being frail against hfire, is a bit bad. I don't have too many ways to combat fire.

Perrserker @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- U-Turn

pretty strong guy. hitting very hard, with all his moves. Even u-turn 2hko most. His main problem is his speed, a lot of mons, outspeed him, and there not a lot of moves he takes well, that's where glare Sandaconda, comes in klutch. i mainly like perrserker because hes pretty strong. I can't imagine a lot of pokemon, take a choice band iron head, well.

so yeah, that's My team that I built. Would love to know what you think. Like I say, I'm new to competive Pokemo, so this team probably ain't all that. But stil, any feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey could you change your formatting to make your Pokemon sets more readable? E.g.

Perrserker @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- U-Turn

Hey could you change your formatting to make your Pokemon sets more readable? E.g.

Perrserker @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
Thank you for letting me know. I took your advice.

... must I type out the format for all your Pokemon?

I’m asking you to make all your Pokemon sets look like this:

[pokemon name] @ [item]
Ability: [ability]
EVs: [evs]
[nature] Nature
- [move]
- [move]
- [move]
- [move]

Sorry, I didn't specify. My thinking was for battlespot singles. I don't know how/if this team would work for vgc. I would definitely need to make some major adjustments
Yeah, I’m a VGC player, so I probably wouldn’t be able to help too much. When I get home, if you want, I can try to make your team more viable in doubles. For singles, I haven’t played at all in Gen 8, so I can’t really help since I don’t know the current meta that well, sorry.

Yeah, I’m a VGC player, so I probably wouldn’t be able to help too much. When I get home, if you want, I can try to make your team more viable in doubles. For singles, I haven’t played at all in Gen 8, so I can’t really help since I don’t know the current meta that well, sorry.
no worries, my friend. If you wouldn't mind haven't a look at my team In terms of VGC, I would appreciate it. I really didn't have a specific format in mind, and VGC does appeal to me more. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)