• Onix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Natu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A-Meowth

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
31F0D94A-5707-4C78-9C05-D392A22D4511.jpeg

Welcome, I want to introduce you my best LC team, I already have a good win rate (not in this account) but I think it could be so much better with your help

The team works really good, but Clamperl rarely have the chance to appear and do something.

Let’s start with the team preview

5ED8E450-7AD4-4227-A2C8-5482513EC9D9.gif

Alolan Meowth

This Pokemon is faster than everything (except scarf). At the first turn you can Fake out, and then Parting-Shot if you can’t do a really good damage (the def and sdef aren’t so good to stay in). Later on the battle, if you have another important Pokemon is low HP you can Parthing-Shot Z and regenerate all his HP, pretty convenient.

CE0F2AE7-F405-407D-99C2-9664173A4759.gif

Timburr

This boy works really good. He resist a Knock off + High-jump kick of a Mienfoo and can regenerate some HP with Drain punch and finish the work with Mach punch (I always win this 1v1)

21291593-76D8-46A7-B499-BCEBDFABA907.gif

Onix

A common Onix of Berry Juice, Stealth Rocks to break Focus Sash or Sturdy and extra damage. Explosion for destroy everything

1123056C-AD41-4BB9-AF6F-70D9B6F39A24.gif

Blitzle

Onix x4 to grass moves? Don’t worry about it, with Blitzle here you can absorbe it and up your attack x1.5 then you can use Flame Charge to up your speed and finally Me First to sweep them all

27E7C823-3202-4720-BCF1-01A6210299E6.gif

Natu

With Magic Bounce you won’t ever have rocks problems, toxic, spore (but you can also use Blitzle for this). And it’s a little bulk

71A56ADE-9C96-438D-A06A-21B416E1737F.gif

Clamperl

With Shell Smash and the Sea Tooth you will destroy the other team, you are faster than every scarf to sweep

Team
Meowth-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Technician
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 76 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch

Natu @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 36 HP / 84 Def / 116 SpA / 156 SpD / 116 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Toxic

Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Explosion

Blitzle @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 196 Atk / 64 Def / 20 SpD / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Flame Charge
- Wild Charge
- Me First

Clamperl @ Deep Sea Tooth
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 20 SpA / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

I was thinking to change Clamperl to Dewpider, what do you think about it? Please comment :psygrump:

Attachments

Hi.

From what I see, your team currently seems to me to be poorly adapted to the current LC metagame and has several flaws. I already find it slow enough, and to strengthen your speed control a little bit, I would already advise you to play weak armor on Onix instead of sturdy.

At the set level:

- Foul Play seems really bad enough on Meowth-A to me. You can replace it for example by HP Fight with a naive nature and a mixed repart. But here, I might put Taunt, knowing that your match up is really not crazy against the swebs.

- Blitzle doesn't do anything in this team: he doesn't hit hard, he doesn't really have any use, except to eventually allow you to manage Snivy a little better. I think you should take it off.

- Put 76 ev in PV on Onix, rather than spdef.

- Substitute or Protect could be more useful to you than HP Grass I think in the case of your team, knowing that you don't have enough to take Pawniard away and that your only real wincon seems to be Clamperl.

- Natu is currently a rather poor response to SR, since sr setters can do a lot of damage to it. If you really want to play defensive Natu, put Giga Drain on Toxic, but I honestly think he handicaps your team more than anything else.

- This spread of Timburr is mainly played on sets with Bulk Up.

Suggested changes:

- Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch

- Replaces Blitze with the standard scarf magnemitef. It will bring you some speed and a volt-turn that may eventually allow you to set-up Clamperl more easily.

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire

You can also play Analytic here, but Magnet Pull allows you to get Ferroseed out and make Clamperl's sweep easier

- Put Giga Drain on Natu, otherwise replace it with defog vullaby for example.

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Weak Armor is also possible for better speed control, but you lose efficiency against foongus, it's up to you.

- Play a more offensive spread on Clamperl

Clamperl @ Deep Sea Tooth
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 76 HP / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass / Protect / Substitute

The rest is also up to you to know what part of the team's backbone you really want to keep. I thought here that the main idea was basically Z-Parting Shot + Clamperl, but it must still be possible to improve the team. The team still has some important flaws, but at least it should still be much more efficient in general.

hope it helped

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)