Monotype Rate my Mono-Flying Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm kinda new to Monotype and so I slapped together this team! I liked the idea of Mono-Flying and it seemed to work pretty well, but it kinda falls short if something can set up on me? So I'd really like to learn how to make a decent team, so any suggestions would be great!

Even though this was my first team, there was some reasoning behind this. Sash Aerodactyl has reliably been a solid suicide lead, usually getting off both a Taunt and Rocks, with maybe even an attack too. Zard-Y is a good mid-game sweeper especially if Aero gets Rocks up. Z-Fly Dragonite has its one-time nuke which has been pretty useful against bulkier teams, and Outrage has also helped in that regard. Gliscor has often been pretty good as a status sponge and it's pretty much the only thing I have against Slowbro. Zapdos was also another good anti-stall 'Mon; SubToxic was a big help in almost every situation. Now, Tornadus-T is... Well, it's on the team. I haven't actually been able to use it at all and I would be fine switching it for something. EV spreads would be a huge help because I'm horrible at those!

Hi dr_xkc although you post isn’t in RMT format I’ll gladly drop a couple basic suggestions.

Your team lacks speed control (no Scarf user) And gets 6-0ed by a common threat in Greninja. Assault Vest Tornadus is not that viable in monotype, especially with a - SpD Nature. Tornadus is often found running Flyinium Z. Dragonite can be a Z user although Choice Band is a better Wallbreaker.

All in all this may not be a rate, but I would suggest clicking this link and try using one of the flying sample teams as you are newer to monotype in this thread here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-sample-teams.3599682/

Reactions: gum

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)