SM OU Rate My Team Ft. Reuniclus

I want a team that includes Reuniclus. I will make any changes to this team if I need to but I want to keep Reuniclus specifically included on this team. Anyways here's the team.

landorus therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

I needed a stealth rocker so I went with Lando T. Going with defensive seem to be the best choice because I already have pretty good damage for the team and I think I just needed more mons that could take hits plus Intimidate is really good for countering high physical pokemon which this team would have a huge problem with. Lastly, Lando's ground typing is needed for the team as I don't have any other pokemon that can stop electric types.

reuniclus.gif

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Since this is a calm mind set. I went with max def so it can take on physical types more. I gave it recover and leftovers because its a very slow pokemon and calm mind spam is a slow process so I need sustain. Psyshock more so is to counter Chansey and its still overall a good stab. Shadow Ball is for neutral type damage.

mawile.gif

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

I wanted another set up pokemon so I chose Mega Mawile. Helps counter scarf dragon move users such as Outrage scarf Garchomp and Draco Meteor scarf Latios. Immunity to toxic users helps me to set up when expecting a toxic. Other than that, just a very standard move set.

tangrowth.gif

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 220 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain

Helps protect my pokemon from a lot of special attacks and also helps to counter zygarde and other ground types.

zapdos.gif

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Zapdos helps a ton for the team. It helps remove entry hazards with defog, it counters Kartana and Hawlucha who are huge threats to the team. I had Leftovers at first but I think Rocky Helmet suits it better because I think Roost is enough healing for it.

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

Last we have offensive Heatran. I went with a Groundium Z variant because it can OHKO max Sp Def Pex and Choice Banded Tyranitar. Heatran also helps the team in countering fire moves and also counters Chansey with magma Storm/Taunt.

Last edited:

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Hey!

To start out with helping improve the team, I would like to change Landorus-Therian Leftovers Max Bulk ----> Standard Scarf Landorus-Therian.
Since your team lacks speed control, I would like to fix that problem. With scarf Landorus-Therian, You can outspeed some threats like Volcarona, Mega Alakazam, and Tornadus-Therian.
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Punishment

With this set, you can take 2 Leaf Blades from Scarf Kartana and outspeed Timid Mega-Alakazam. With U-Turn, you can pivot on incoming threats like Rotom-Wash, Greninja, and Tornadus-Therian into something that can deal with that threat. Also, Stone Edge can deal damage to opposing mons that are immune. Punishment helps with Calm Mind Latios-Mega as the power increases after every stat boost.

Change Reuniclus' Evs
We can tweak Reuniclus' EVs a bit to maximize its possibilites.
Reuniclus @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

With this set and EVs, we can maximize Reuniclus' capabilities. 252 HP and 212 Def maximizes its defensive possiblities; making Reuniclus live much more physical hits like Landorus Therian's EQs and Kartana's Leaf Blades. 44 Speed EVs make Reuniclus outspeed Toxapex so, you can hit Toxapex with a boosted Psyshock before a Haze. Colbur + Focus Blast helps with the teams Weavile problem.

Mawile-Mega ---> Jirachi
Your team lacks a wish passer and Lele counter so, Jirachi fits the role! With Jirachi's great defensive typing of Steel/Psychic and ability to check 1 of Balance's biggest problems: Lele, (and many other threats like Clefable, Kyurem-Black, and Tapu Bulu) makes Jirachi great in general for the team!
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Iron Head
- U-turn/Body Slam

With this set, you can have a successful Wish passer and pivot around! The EVs help Jirachi check Pokemon like Kyurem Black, Magearna, and Tapu Lele. 64 Speed EVs makes it outspeed non-Timid Magearna and hopefully flinch it with Iron Head. You can also replace Iron Head or U-Turn with Body Slam to maybe land some paralyzes.

Change Tangrowth's Set and EVs
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Tangrowth is a great pivot and can come in on choice locked Landorus-T and Kartana as well as having the great ability Regenerator. With Leaf Storm, it can OHKO mons like Keldeo, Mega-Diancie, and Greninja, which is a huge help to the team. Knock off lets it knock off Eviolite from Chansey, Leftovers on Celesteela, and other valuable items. Hidden Power Fire OHKOs Kartana and heavily damage Scizor. Earthquake can hit Steels like Heatran, and Magearna super effectively. Maximum HP and Special Defense help it against threats like Greninja and Magearna. The 28 Defense evs help it take an +1 Adamant Dragonium Z from Zygarde from full health.

Change Zapdos' EVs
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

With this set, you maximize Zapdos' HP and Defense, letting you check Kartana, Hawlucha, and Mega Pinsir. You can also defog away hazards with Defog.

Change Heatran's set
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is an amazing mon and has many options but, I think this is the best set for you. Magma Storm traps pokemon like Chansey, Tangrowth, and Clefable which, lets you widdle them down with Magma Storm chip + taunt. Also, Heatran is your stealth rocker so, whenever you find an oppurtune moment to set them up, set them up. Earth Power can help widdle down opposing Heatrans, Tyranitars, and Victinis.

Well, I hope I helped!
645-s.png
579.png
385.png
465.png
485.png

Last edited:
Thanks man I like the team. I played a few games with it and its a really good combination. I definitely like this way of using the team. The only thing that I feel like can be left without is HP Fire on Tangrowth because Zapdos already has heatwave to deal with Kartana and Mega Scizor or am I missing something? Anyways thanks for the help.

Reactions: DKM
Sweet Reuniclus Arrogant.

Reuniclus is a pretty cool Pokemon to use, and it can hit a decent portion of the metagame. Your team, however, could definitely use some patching up. Namely, it gets demolished by any Greninja that carries Water, Dark, and Ice coverage, which is a large portion of them. Ice/Water moves demolish Landorus, Dark Pulse nails Reuniclus (without any Calm Minds set up), Mawile doesn't appreciate taking huge hits from STAB Hydro Pump, AV Tang is still 2HKOd by LO Protean Ice Beam, Zapdos gets blown back by Ice Beam, and Heatran is murked by Hydro Pump. When played correctly, Greninja demolishes your team. The team also has a shaky Mega Medicham matchup as well, with HJK, Ice Punch, and Zen Headbutt being able to 2HKO or OHKO most of your team, except for Reuniclus. Let's see what we can do to patch these little flaws, shall we?

: Just a few minor changes for your Landorus. Instead of your Max HP/Max Def EV spread, I find that a spread of 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe to be the optimal spread for Defensive Lando-T in this metagame. The 16 Speed EVs allow Lando to outspeed base 60s that are not +Spe natured, like Adamant Ttar, Clef, and Adamant Celesteela (if that is a thing). In addition to the slight EV change, I would change Knock Off --> Hidden Power Ice. HP Ice allows Lando to take on other Lando, and is a commonly seen move in this metagame. HP Ice also allows it to hit Flying-Types that are immune to EQ, but it's mostly for other LandoT.

: Small changes to your Reuniclus as well. I would opt for ayedan's set of 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe EVs to outspeed Toxapex. Besides Haze, you can smack it with a boosted Psyshock before it Recovers. I would however, also tack on Focus Blast > Shadow Ball to allow your Reuniclus to hit Pokemon like Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar.

: Another small change to your Mawile set, I'd trade out the SD version for the All-Out-Attacking set that I find to be far easier to use in the current metagame. An AOA set with a spread of 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe and Intimidate as a Pre-Mega ability gives your Mawile adequate bulk to reliably revenge kill Mega Medicham and live a LO HP Fire from Protean Greninja. Please note, do not expect to switch in Mawile to Mega Medi and Gren and not be 2HKOd. Changing up your moveset a bit, Swords Dance --> Thunder Punch and Iron Head --> Fire Fang allows Mawile to easily take on Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and Toxapex.

-->
: Here comes one of the larger changes to the team, switching out AV Tangrowth for Clefable. CM Clefable with a spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD and a Bold nature allows Clef to really patch some of the defensive holes that LandoT can't cover. Mega Medi can be checked by this Clef, and Clef just adds another level of bulk to the team being able to deal with Garchomp, Scarf LandoT, and Zygarde. The CM set is extremely potent, and gives the team another win-con. Flamethrower is nice tech to make sure you aren't walled by Ferrothorn, but Thunderbolt makes it easier to break through Toxapex and Celesteela.

-->
: Another larger change, I'd switch out your defensive Zapdos for a defensive Tapu Fini. Fini really improves your team's ability to take on Ash-Greninja while maintaining an ability to still remove hazards on the field. Fini's ability in Misty Surge allows it to set up Misty Terrain, which benefits Mega Mawile, as it can no longer be afflicted by a status such as a Burn. Maximum Speed investment and Taunt allows Fini to stop Ferrothorn and Heatran who may try and set up hazards and set-up sweepers who may think Fini is set-up fodder (SG Magearna comes in mind). Tapu Fini acts as a great pivot for the team in general.

-->
: Finally, after radically changing your defensive backbone, I'm going to do it again to make sure that you don't lose to Kartana, Tapu Koko, and Mega Scizor. Scarf Magnezone is the key to making sure that it doesn't happen. HP Fire and Flash Cannon are your main moves to defeat the three foes, but Thunderbolt and Volt Switch give Magnezone some nice STAB and the ability to generate momentum for your team. Volt Switch allows you to easily bring in Mawile to collect a kill or Reuniclus to start setting up. With a Scarf, Magnezone outspeeds Mega Medicham and gives the team some much needed speed.

All in all, I really changed up the defensive backbone of the team and stopped it from getting demolished by most forms of Greninja. The team is a little slower now, with Scarf Zone being the fastest thing on the team now, but overall, the team should be able to perform better than before. Reuniclus is still the best answer to switch into Mega Medicham, outside of revenge killing it with Zone or forcing it out with a healty Clefable or Fini.

Let me know if you have any questions, and enjoy battling n_n

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)