RAWRRRR My Second RMT

Team RAWR V.2

This is my second rmt, with a completely new team, its worked quite well, and has gotten me into 1400s on 2 accounts with plenty more to go. overall this team is some 20-5, hopefully that can be 20-0 =). This team is buky offense, capable of hitting hard but taking hits if I need to. There isn't any particular strategy, though most of my games end in a latias sweep. So without further ado, the team.

Quick Glance:

Closer Look:

Azelf@Focus Sash
Levitate
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe/Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Taunt
Thunderbolt

You are probably thinking, wait, where is stealth rock??? It isn't on this azelf, I use this primarily as an anti-lead. Most people expect SR+fire blast+explosion+psychic, and this is about as far away from that as you can get. Flamethrower is for metagross and jirachi, grass knot for swampert, hippowdon, and tyranitar, and thunderbolt for infernape, aerodactyl, enemy azelf, and taunt shuts down ninjask and bronzong.

Azelf here is fine, but can use quite a bit of tinkering. I might use focus sash for expert belt to ensure the OHKO on pert. (right now grass knot OHKOs max/min pert EXACTLY on average) Also flamethrower fails to 2HKO if metagross is carrying occa berry, something which if given expert belt it is capable of doing. fire blast without expert belt can also 2HKO after occa. Help here please? Heatran is a common switchin, so I feel a water move (azelf doesnt have any good ones >.<) might work here too since it hits infernape, aerodactyl, and heatran. Either way, since few starters are weak to ice, I don't run ice beam, so latias is a problem here.

Magnezone@Leftovers
Magnet Pull
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe/Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Grass]
Substitute
Magnet Rise

Magnezone is here because it is the best for supporting azelf. Metagross with meteor mash can beat azelf, but magnezone makes sure that its finished off. Azelf also attracts all sorts of scizor, who probably assumed I didn't have a fire move when they saw my unorthodox moveset. Maggy is my answer to skarmory too.
Sub+Magnet Rise lets maggy come out on top of many things it usually can'y, including pert, mamoswine, hippowdon, flygon, and most importantly metagross. I use hidden power grass over ice mainly since it lets me hit swampert, and magnet rise is sufficient to hold against many dragons anyways. maggy is absolutely deadly, and has often netted me more than 3 kills, provided I am not met up front with blissey.

Swampert@Leftovers
Torrent
252 HP/200 Def/56 SpD/Impish(+Def, -SpA)
Avalanche
Earthquake
Roar
Stealth Rock

Swampert is my main utility. It serves as my stealth rocker and phazer, and is great as a rock or electric resist. Avalanche is chosen because it is a physical move as opposed to ice beam, a special move, and leaves it marginally less susceptible to the likes of latias, and can still OHKO mence after SR. Most likely I'll be roaring anyways. Another common matchup is this guy vs gyarados, in which case I use stealth rock then roar him away, discouraging him from coming back.
Probably the thing that needs the most fixing here are the EVs, these are just ripped off the analysis with the special attack evs moved to special defense. Any other suggestions would be great.

Rotom@Choice Scarf
Levitate
40 HP/252 SpA/216 Spe/Timid(+Spe, -Atk)
Trick
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Overheat

Rotom is my general counter to a lot of threats, including but not limited to scizor, lucario, gyarados, and gengar. With its scarf it also serves as my revenge killer. The moves are pretty self-explanatory, shadow ball and thunderbolt are STAB, and allow it to hit latias, gengar, gyarados, and pretty much anything that doesn't resist. thunderbolt is my answer to weakened threats like scizor and lucario if i dont want the special attack drop. Being locked onto shadow ball is fun if scizor comes, rotom dies but scizor will die to maggy, which is one less threat for latias. Overheat is if i need to kill a steel really quickly (read: lucario).
The EVs are simple, the speed and the speed boosting nature let me outspeed max speed jolly gyarados after a dragon dance, and if the scarf is away i can outspeed no DD gyarados. Maximum special attack, and the rest into HP.

Latias@Leftovers
Levitate
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Thunderbolt

Latias is probably my favorite pokemon, and this is my favorite set (sometimes the EVs are different depending on the needs though) Latias is nowhere short of finding opportunities to set up, often on non-toxic heatran, scarf or otherwise. Its also my secondary answer to gyarados. On a previous team I used to run HP fire, but on that team i only had 1 real answer to gyarados. So thunderbolt stayed around, and can hit not only gyarados, but also the likes of empoleon. Sometimes I wish i had fire, but after 1 calm mind thunderbolt 2HKOs scizor anyways, which I decided was enough. Pursuit from scizor doesn't OHKO, and if he u-turns I get an advantageous switchin. If he does pursuit (Read: Magnezone)
Leftovers is chosen for liveability, but i might forgo for life orb if you give me a good reason to. Specs/Scarf does not work here.

Scizor@Choice Band
Technician
248 HP/252 Atk/8 Def
Bullet Punch
U-turn
Pursuit
Superpower

Bog Standard Scizor. I don't actually find myself using him much really, but he serves as a great answer to tyranitar and latias who come on a lot on azelf, weavile, and many ghosts not named rotom. I've had pretty much no problem at all with salamence (3/4 guys counter him pretty well anyways...) but he's a good last resort.

Problems
There's not many things that I can't work around, but one of the earliest weaknessses I saw was lack of a sleep absorber. However, this is quite easy to work around and to me hardly merited a change.
Lucario is a toughie, if rotom is gone I don't really have an answer, besides pert.
I find myself using trick to address a huge number of threats, including curselax, DDtar, and CMcune, while this works EXTREMELY well, I feel there are better ways of dealing with these.

Well thats the team, rate it, hate it, steal it, go ahead. Happy rating?

A team with DDMence+opposing Magnezone is absolutely devastating to your team, as an opposing Magnezone with the right HP will beat yours, and kill off Scizor. Once that is done, Swampert is the pokemon standing between DDMence and a sweep, and once he goes below 86% HP, the game is about over. It can be difficult for him to set up, but when he does (like on a Rotom Overheat) or a Scizor supepower, it will be ugly.

How to remedy this? Putting a Scarf on Latias does a great job at solving most of your revenging needs. Together with Scizor, it can basically revenge any pokemon that you can hit Super Effective against, and can smash offensive teams with Draco Meteor. You can then take the scarf off Rotom and do something else with him, or perhaps change him for a bulky gyarados, which can help take on Lucario. Thanks to magnezone, you can eliminate Scizor fairly easily and be a bit more aggressive with Latias. A Scarf Latias also stop just about any Dragon+Magnezone from picking your team apart.

@Chenman

im not going to put a scarf on latias, rotom accomplishes the same thing that latias would, and latias is the closest thing i have to a setup sweeper. also, i was never really a fan of gyarados, this team doesnt provide the electric resistances/immunities i want (pert, zone, and latias have no recovery, perts usually -50% and zone has sub) and i never liked sleep talkers, since theyre quite unreliable in terms of hitting what you need when you need it

and about that DD mence comment, ive pretty much never used superpower, and superpower+stealth rock take a pretty big chunk out of mence anyways. overheat is a last resort move used only for the likes of luc and scizor (overheating scizor barely ever happens, if zor needs to be revenge killed magnezone does that, and zor never switches in on rotom) and only a quarter of teams with luc has a mence on it, and even less teams with mence have luc

joshe

the best
There isn't really any use for choice scarf latias on this team, as it only really helps take care of Salamence and Gyarados, which are handled by Scizor and Rotom-h respectively. I don't really see any use of magnezone on this team, especially a sub-magnet rise version. The combo of DD-Gyarados and SD-Lucario give your team so much trouble, its not even funny. Only rotom can take on those two threats, but with gyarados 2hkoing rotom with waterfall, and should rotom fall, luke 6-0s you (although scizor bullet punch can ko after a defense drop). I suggest you trade in magnezone for some more offensive power, as well as a way to beat luke. A DD-Gyara or Mixmence (with roost) would look very good over Magnezone. Although i do like mixmence over gyarados on this team, particularly for its ability to beat stall, as well as check many physical threats (as long as it has roost), gyarados has its uses also. You should try both, and see what you like best.

Secondly, what i see needs to be changed is Swamperts ev spread and moves. An intimidated avalanch from swampert, can't even guarantee an ohko on Min/min rash salamence. Ice beam will ohko it provided Stealth Rock is up, so a change to a mixpert would be beneficial to the team. Furthermore, adamant lo dd-mence has a 46.15% chance to OHKO you with a +1 Life orb adamant Outrage provided you switch in on Stealth Rock once, while with 252 defense evs, Salamence's chances to OHKO you with the stated conditions are reduced to 20.51% with Stealth Rock. That's a significant improvement imo. plus, those spdef evs didn't do much difference imo based upon my calcs.

Finally, Scizor should have at least 12 speed Evs, to out speed other Choice Band. Now you may think, "but if i'm slower i can scout more" or "the scizor who uses superpower first loses" but that is not the case. With all the entry hazards, such as: Stealth Rock, and Spikes, most Scizors will be at weaker healths, so the one that moves first and superpowers, will win, and as for the scouting part; you should know the opponents team well enough that you can make even half assed predictions that help, as well as doing a shitload of damage to the opposing scizor, again possibly doing upwards of 32% to 248 hp/ 0 def Scizor's, possibly making or breaking the win late game. It always helps to outspeed vaporeon too :). so the spread should be: 248 hp/ 248 atk/12 spe. You don't lose any damage percentage with one less atk stat point :)

You've got a great team, it just needed a few tweaks to put it all together :D

Good Luck.

a comment on the whole 248/248/12 or whatever for speed... a lot of people have this same mindset, and I include myself on this. I'd recommend boosting your speed up to 16 EVs or even 20 (I use 16) because it helps against other like minded players. Sadly enough though, this is a vicious cycle and I think one day people will go even higher.

thanks for the rate

i tried out the mixmence several times, i lost more times than i won, in two of the battles i was met up by a metagross lead, which having maggy to kill as opposed to mence would have been beneficial

i find that switching to mence also made my team more scizor weak, mence is easily revenge killed by scizor after a few LO recoils, rotom locked on shadow ball is bad, and latias dies to 2 bullet punches, in one instance somebody used bullet punch against latias instead of pursuit, where maggy would have been was a salamence at 70%, who would have been killed promptly after SR damage. also latias i forgot to mention, serves as a gyarados counter since stone edge will never OHKO without life orb, provided that it doesnt crit
another reason i chose magnezone was for its "synergy" with my azelf leads, it can take a lot of the stuff azelf cant, like scizor, jirachi who use iron head first, and bronzong

ill try out the DDgyara tomorrow, i dont think mixmence is going to stay atm

@class

at one point i ran my CB scizor up to 222 speed, to outspeed modest maggy and adytar >.<

Well not exactly a rate but you should try Choice Scarf Gengar over Rotom:
Gengar@Choice Scarf
Nature:Timid
EVs:252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderball
-Focus Blast
-HP {ICE}

With this set you can revenge kill both Gyarados and Salamence after a Dragon Dance with Thunder Bolt and HP ice.You can also revenge kill Lucario if Magne zone is down with focus Blast.Latias will have a lot of trouble with Shadow ball.The only poke that Gengar cant revenge kill but rotom can is Scizor.To solve this somehow I suggest changing Magnezone to a choice scarf set with HP fire.

Hope I helped.Good luck!

@Aprovleptos

scarfgar was in that slot before rotom was, except you nailed it right on the spot, gengar cannot revenge kill scizor, also because i have to depend on focus blast it is 3 times more likely that lucario is not going to be revenge killed, since fblast is 3 times as inaccurate as overheat

im giving mixmence another try since i dont like gyarados here, there have been instances where i really wish i still had mag (a revenge killer that scizor cant run from...) but do i run EQ or Brick break, EQ is an all around better move but brick break handles the fat whore named blissey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)