Tournament RBY UU Circuit Tour - Round 2!

RBY-Lowtier-Circus.png

Art by the talented grape tylenol
Hosted by local clown GraveBee and the lovely dwebble-enjoying Murm

Bring It! Round 2!

Do you like RBY Low Tier Circuit? I like RBY Low Tier Circuit! So time for Round 2 of the UnderUsed RBY Low Tier Circuit Tour!

As a reminder, this tour is worth some giga points towards the RBY Low Tier Circuit, and we're doing single-elim in this RBY Low Tier Circus, so pull out all the stops! Remember, though, to be kind to your opponents - both in scheduling and in battling.

Formalities? Nah. We've got the technology to downsize that.
  • General Tournament Rules: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3642760/
  • This will be a single elimination, best of three tournament.
  • All tournament games must be played on Pokemon Showdown!, and replays are required for all rounds. It is preferable to play on Smogtours - if players disagree on which server to play on, Smogtours is the default.
  • Each round will last one week. If you and your opponent are unable to schedule despite both players making an effort, extensions of up to 3 days may be granted. If one player fails to attend a scheduled time or does not make a genuine effort to schedule, an activity win may be awarded to the other player at the tournament host's discretion. If neither player makes an effort to schedule, the host may "coinflip" the win, awarding it at random. Please schedule publicly so as to ensure activity wins are judged correctly. See the Tournament Scheduling Guidelines for further information. If, for any reason, you have questions regarding scheduling or activity cases, please be civil about it and feel free to ask your hosts as needed.

Ready for the party to start? You're in luck. Week 2 Brackets, comin' right at ya!

As determined by https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/12700/

giove97  vs  Toxin boost
Nikebeamz  vs  NDK
Maris Bonibell  vs  pac
stunner047  vs  BigFatMantis
Lialiabeast  vs  Sabelette
Tree69420  vs  Melbelle
torkonpeter  vs  YBW
Slip  vs  (Winner of spell vs Concept Everything)
Goombatower69  vs  NotVeryCake
SOMALIA  vs  ZeStinky
leoperi99  vs  (Winner of Gerrychu29 vs olivia)
Roaring Valiant  vs  FrozenTea

Bracket Notes: Finally no byes, fudge byes, all my homies hate having to use byes. No easy ways out in this colosseum, only blood sweat and facing a dozen hungry Persian will get you out on top.

Your deadline is Sunday, April 21, at 11:59PM EST (GMT-4). Remember, ALL replays are required.
Please remember to be respectful with one another, both in scheduling and in battle. Don't be afraid to reach out if there are any questions or concerns.

NOW LET'S GET THIS MAGIC SHOW ON THE ROAD! KEEP YOUR KADABRAS AT THE READY!

Last edited:
And now, for the not-so-fun portion of my job as a tour host.

Act calls are as follows:

Concept Everything granted act for Round 1 against spell, due to unresponsive opponent.
Slip granted act for Round 2 against Concept Everything, due to missed time.
SOMALIA granted act against ZeStinky for unresponsive opponent.
Roaring Valiant appears to be banned. FrozenTea thus advances by default.

Extensions are as follows:
leoperi99 vs Gerrychu29 is being extended to Wednesday.

I highly appreciate not having to flip that extension match. Seriously, nothing feels better than a week with no coinflips in it. Also, thank you to those who played out their matches in a timely manner. Such timeliness is highly appreciated when scheduling, and keeps the tournament more about skill and less about time zones / act calls. As it should be.

Round 3 will be up before too long. As it stands now, though, I desperately need sleep. Been working non-stop all day, and it’s midnight. Expect things up around 9:30AM GMT-4. Until then, have a nice night, RBY UU Cup. It’s been a good round.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)