Receiving Challenge

well hiya
i found this challenge on some other forum i dont quite remember which but

rules
1. you must only use pokemon received
(list at bottomm)
2. you can catch other pokemon but you cant use them
( hm slaves are fine but if all of your received pokemon faint you must purposely lose)
3.fossils are allowed.
reasoning for this: you find a fossil you give it to a guy and you come back and receive it so it is received.
4. you cannot buy pokemon
(game corner, magikarp salesmen)
5. you cannot breed so you have more than one
you cannot use pokemon you get in a trade

Yellow version
Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, HitmonChan hitmonlee, Lapras, Eevee, Oynamite, Kabuto, areodactyl

Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Pokemon Recieved: PRE CHAMPION<Starter, Eevee, Togepi, Tyrouge (G, S, C) Dratini, (C, HG, SS) Odd Egg Pkmn (C)
POST CHAMPION<Kanto Starter (HG,SS) Hoenn Starter (HG,SS) Tyrouge (HG, SS)

Platinum
Pokemon Recieved: Starter, Eevee, Porygon, Togepi, Riolu

Red/Blue/Fire Red/Leaf Green
Pokemon Recieved: PRE CHAMPION<Starter, Eevee, Lapras, Hitmon Chan/Lee, Onyamite/Kabuto, Aerodactyl
POST CHAMPION<Togepi

Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald

Pokemon Recieved: PRE CHAMPION<Starter, Castform, Wynaut, Anorith/Lileep
POST CHAMPION<Beldum, Johto Starter (E) Anorith/Lileep (E)

Diamond/Pearl
Pokemon Recieved: PRE CHAMPION<Starter, Happiny, Riolu
POST CHAMPION<Eevee

B/W
yannapu/boappu/hiyappu, zorua, purotooga/aaken, merarubu , all fossils snivy/ tehpig/ oshawott

try to make it to the end
those with GSC/ RSE/ DPP/ HGSS if you can beat the battle tower 50 times you will get any 2 pokes on my thread for free
you need some kind of proof though like plat and HGSS have recorders put the video # or record it with a cam

If you want to join, just say so and record your progress here
Such as, evolution, gym beaten, game beaten, stuff like that

I don't get how this works at all...

What do you mean by "only use the Pokemon received"? Does someone give you a challenge? If it is, it seems like it's just a Scramble Challenge with one Pokemon.

I don't get how this works at all...

What do you mean by "only use the Pokemon received"? Does someone give you a challenge? If it is, it seems like it's just a Scramble Challenge with one Pokemon.
no pokemon people in game give you like the starters; prof. gives the to you so it is received

and bill gives you eevee thats in game
you do it on your own

Lol, oh. Was confused, sorry. This actually looks pretty fun. I might do it on Pokemon Red. >_>
Cool GL also sapphire is hard
Your starter must sweep thaat cannot be stressed enogh
reasons:
Wobbuffett can't dirctly do damge
The fossils suck
Cstform sucks
That's for RS
For emerald you can get both fossils + beldum
COMPLETE PACKAGE

Also its supposed to be a challenge which is why we sant just have people run around getting scizors and heatrans now can wwe

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This does not look fun at all. If you want to totally neuter yourself this badly, play it with just starter.

This does not look fun at all. If you want to totally neuter yourself this badly, play it with just starter.
The problem is, that with the exception of yellow version, that's what more than half of each of these games are looking to end that way.

In half of them you only have one pokemon by the time you get surf and in a handful more you have 2. This looks like the team the first time I played Red version when I was 10: overpowered starter, two things in the 30s and bupkis else.

Sure you COULD restrict yourself and then play catch up but Grinding is less of a challenge and more of a chore.

It seems neat but I would only do it with 2 of the games (and let's face it, in Yellow it's almost better that way).

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ive never officially done this but I have used 5/6 being recieved and the best game to do it in is FR/LG. Otherwise it isn't as fun as a Scramble as there is extremely limited replayability.

OK, my FireRed Nuzlocke went similar to this, and it could have been a lot better without this type of play.
Reasons:
1) Yay, I soloed a leader eith only a ten-level advantage. That was challenging.
2) It is just more dificult to work with, as most obtainable Pokemon are almost at the league which just adds more stuff to do when grinding.

Honestly, it's kind of pointless, and how most people play the game anyways when they start off. I don't see what it has over the Nuzlocke challenge or Scramble Challange.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
In RBY/FRLG, you can get both Hitmon- and Eevee at the same time, which is a plus.

I'd allow myself to catch Pokemon for in-game trades if I did this.

I've done game solos using only the starter plus an HM slave or two, and it's boring. This might be a little bit better, but you're just so limited that you kind of know how things will turn out before they begin

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
HGSS would be a joke. You receive the following Pokemon for free even before getting the National Pokedex:

* HGSS Starters (Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile)
* Slugma
* Mareep
* Wooper
* Togepi
* Eevee (Eevolution of choice)
* Spearow
* Shuckle
* Tyrogue (To evolve into your Hitmon of choice)
* Dratini (with Extremespeed if you wish)

The first four you can receive before the first gym, Togepi immediately after the first gym. With those five alone you have an incredibly balanced team to play thru the rest of the game. Nevermind once you get Eevee or Dratini (though substantial grinding would be required to make Dratini useful).

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Platinum gives you starter, Riolu, Eevee and Prygon. Not exactly difficult.
Well except that it's a fairly large gap between getting your starter and getting Riolu and Eevee. Although you do receive Togepi in Platinum also.

I might have to give this a try on HGSS without getting Slugma, Mareep, and Wooper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)