Renaming w/ PokeSav...

If renaming Pokemon with PokeSav was safe and possible, would you do it?

• YES

Votes: 84 80.0%
  • NO

Votes: 21 20.0%

• Total voters
I was wondering. Is it possible to safely rename a Pokemon with PokeSav without messing up the internal data?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sometimes disappointed that a Pokemon they get in a trade can't be nicknamed because the person trading it restarted their game or isn't the OT.

If this was possible, would you consider doing it?

I would, I was thinking about finding all the people I trade and getting them to nickname it..but pokesaving the nick would be so much easier. =D

I would do it regardless of safeness, it will probably make the poke turn out hacked during a legit test but who cares? No one would blame me for wanting to name my Blissey say....FAT since it was originally legit anyways. ;)

True, but he might like people to know that it's his in battles, cause you can't check it's summary there. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, it would be pretty cool I'm just pointing out how some people might not like it.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm, maybe some people should start offering renaming services then :D
I had them for awhile. And I believe that pokesav doesnt alter any coding within the pokemon. IIRC the only stuff that affects the coding are IVs, natures, shiny, gender. But correct me if I'm wrong, but most definitely sure nicknaming doesn't affect the coding.

True, but he might like people to know that it's his in battles, cause you can't check it's summary there. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, it would be pretty cool I'm just pointing out how some people might not like it.
This only applies to redistributables already with a nickname. In the case of Plust's Blissey, it has the original name so I don't think Plust cared about what people wanted to name it. =P

@Dawn, can you tell us how is done?

Oh right ok my bad. I thought Plust's Blissey was actually called Plust's Blissey (haven't had one before) lol. Yeah so it just applies to nicknamed redistributables I guess.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Dawn, can you tell us how is done?
All you're doing with pokesav is pressing edit on the pokemon then on the name section you change it to what you desire. However, if you use spaces with pokesav or symbols, they either come up as '?' or REALLY UBER BIG SPACES. Well spaces bigger than the normal ingame spaces.

I don't see why changing the name would cause any problems at all. It's easy to avoid all the other aspects of Pokesav (IVs, EVs, Movesets...).

I'm totally in favor of this. To me, a nickname on my pokémon is really important, I don't feel them as part of my team if they doesn't have the nicknames I want. I mean, I got a kickass Cresselia and an AWESOME Sceptile, but both doesn't have a nickname, so I was considering asking someone with pokesav to change the nicknames. And, if that can be done safely enough, I'll surely do it.

Woot, DawnBringer can do it for people! His service is nice.

A payment of 1 Pokemon from your thread for up to 3 renamings.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It doesn't mess anything up.. PokeSav just loads the data of the game. Pokemon are only messed up when people don't know how to make them properly from scratch. Changing the nickname changes one single aspect of the pokemon and nothing more so it would be pretty tough to mess that up.

If people really want to do it that much, I'll start a renaming service now -_-
And no, I don't think it can mess up in any way :F

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, every time I choose to edit a pokémon with Pokésav, the numbers on the Hex Number Box are all zero'ed, even if I don't do anything.

I never tried to get one of them through a hack detector, though.

From what I've seen with Sav, it doesn't damage it. You need all sorts of extra equipment, though.

But yeah, I'm for this since I've needed to restart Emerald, and I can understand the issue.

I never had much against pokésav anyway, though, as long as you don't de-legit a pokémon. <_>

Pokesav dumps all of the data that DOESN'T correspond to IVs, EVs, contest stats, etc. So when you edit something with Pokesav, the non-essential data, which is usually used to prove legitimacy, is gone.

I'm GTS hunting at the moment, and having to avoid pokemon because they're named "Poohead" (that actually happened to me) is really annoying.

None, I don't really need any pokemon lol. I will be doing it for free, Its a free service. I'll edit out my post with that too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)