ORAS PU Rev up those fryers!

Oh god he's back Heyo everyone it's Clj555 here for ANOTHER RMT (Tired of your shit bro) This time it will be a PU team i threw together, Mostly based on the idea of Dusknoir has a kill for everything.

Scarface (Dusknoir) @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Trick

Dusknoir.
FUCKING DUSKNOIR
This ''thing'' is what the product of losing to dusknoirs and being high on pizza and mtn dew looks like. I went for the banded version so i could sweep out some kills if a few mons are weak to the Bulldozer himself. Shadow sneak for a good priority STAB attack, EQ and Thunderpunch are for coverage, Thunderpunch covers the flying types that make me cry vigorously. Trick is for them set-up sweepers, Pretty much kill all their buffs if i can get it in at the right time.

Apeshit (Monferno) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Bandwagon, The pokemon.
This is your standard run of the mill eviolite flare blitz monferno, There isnt really much to say about him besides flaming monkeys are the terror of the meta, Mach punch is a good priority move for him, close combat is obviously superior to Superpower, flare blitz is an ungodly STAB attack that wins games real quick.
ye.

clever nickname (Roselia) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 156 HP / 224 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

El Fabuloso
This roselia is no different from any other roselia, Sludge bomb and giga drain are for attacking...Spikes and synthesis are for set-up.....I've drawn a blank here as this set has been used SO much it's hard to find something to say new about it...I'll just leave it be.

burb (Chatot) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tangled Feet
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- U-turn

Cancer burb himself.
chatot has always been a good to mid poke, But the scarf set is absolute cancer to the meta
U-turn, boomburst, HP fighting, and Heatwave. HP Fighting covers ice types, as my monferno is a bit frail and i have this fella as a backup, boomburst is the main damage dealer here. Sweeps 4 days m8

Definetly not dino (Fraxure) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Taunt

based dinosaur

Fraxure is a MONSTER in PU, Get eviolite and outrage, this thing can kill teams really easily. I mostly have him for sweeps and taunt, Taunt can stop spikes and rocks, which i HATE with the white hot intensity of 1000 exploding suns. Low kick stops steel and anything fat really...so ye

doge (Stoutland) @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch
doge

Last but CERTAINLY not least is based doge. Stoutland is flexible, it can be a bulky band set or a ''Oh god no not the doge'' fast death band as i call it. Return is an ungodly STAB with stoutlands already good atk stat w/ EVs, Crunch stops ghosts, which is doge's weakness, Superpower kills normal types real quick
0-100 real quick

So yeah, That's the team. Feel free to leave rates on how shit-gr8 m8 this team is below!

Adios!

Oh thank god he's gone

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hi clj555. While the Pokemon and sets you chose are alright if taken individually, your team structure is lacking a good typing synergy, while your descriptions don't contribute either to explain why you chose certain Pokemon, making it look like in some parts you just built the team without following a linear thought process. One thing I noticed is that you rely a lot on soft checking most threats by using the sheer natural bulk of your offensive threats, but that's not going to carry on especially against smart opponents which just won't let their win conditions get KO'd so easily. That said, you lack a reliable switch-in to Flying-types such as Dodrio and Articuno, Normal-types such as Bouffalant and Stoutland itself, as Bouffalant can use Dusknoir as set up fodder and Stoutland usually carries Scrappy to deal with it, while your Water-type resists don't look solid enough either, given Fraxure is your sweeper so it can't take many hits, and Roselia doesn't carry full special defensive investments, while both are susceptible to coverage options such as Ice Beam that are popular on most Water-types. You also lack a Stealth Rock setter, which is mandatory for almost any competitive team out there because of the amount of pressure it puts onto the opponent team, and especially in this case, where you need your opposing foes to be weakened enough to be in range of things such as Dusknoir's Shadow Sneak, Monferno's Mach Punch, or a Chatot clean with Boomburst. Stealth Rock and entry hazards in general got even better since the departure of Pelipper, so I don't see a valid reason for why you wouldn't run them, also because they are really beneficial to deal with aforementioned threats such as Flying-types. To fix all these issues I would need to suggest you to change multiple Pokemon and therefore sets, so I will just limit myself to suggest you few changes, which will help you fix the most important and glaring issues into your build.

The main and most important change I feel like suggesting to you is to replace Stoutland with Solrock. I feel like Stoutland is the most expendable team member here, as you already have plenty of offensive Pokemon in your team which can deal with bulkier foes, such as Trick Dusknoir, Chatot, DD Fraxure, and even Toxic Spikes Roselia, and Stoutland doesn't provide you any cover from opposing threats. Solrock fits really well here in my opinion: first of all it provides you a Stealth Rock setter, which are key for the aforementioned reasons stated above into this rate. Also noticed that Stealth Rock also have a nice synergy with Toxic Spikes by Roselia and Dusknoir, which works as a nice spinblocker. Then, Solrock is beneficial because it gives you a switch-in for Flying-types(if you're scared of Knock Off Dodrio you can run Colbur Berry), Normal-types(again, Colbur Berry also helps against Crunch from Stoutland), and last but not least a more reliable Ground-immunity, as Chatot can't reliably switch into most Ground-types anyway, and decent counter-lead to most Stealth Rock users, especially Golem.

Then, onto minor changes. Now that you carry something that can switch into physical attackers, a spread that cuts off Roselia's HP for more physical defense isn't worth it anymore in my opinion, and a 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD spread will be more efficient in this case. This spread still keeps some investments in physical bulk, while maximizing Roselia's HP, allowing it to be a more reliable switch-in to Water-types, especially special attacker Floatzel and Simipour. Something else that's worth noticing is that now that Pelipper is gone, Thunder Punch isn't as efficient on Monferno. It might still be useful against Swanna, but it doesn't look like Swanna gained much usage at all, so at the moment U-Turn can provide you better utility by catching momentum to bring in Fraxure into the field with more safety and take more advantage of your entry hazard support by adding more chip damage. Additionally, if you really feel the absence of Stoutland as a wallbreaker, you can run a Choice Band on Monferno. A Choice Band, while making Monferno severely more frailer, it allows Monferno to be way more threatening to defensive teams, and a more effective revengekiller to Pokemon such as Ice-types, especially Regice, which Chatot struggles dealing with. Honestly I don't feel like you really need to carry a second Choice Band user, so this change, while it might be beneficial, is not mandatory, as it has its downsides too.

Hope I helped.

Solrock @ Colbur Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rock Slide

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)