RMT- Bulky Salamence based sweep. (I have cookies ^_^)

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Yum. ^_^

Hi, it's been a while since I made a new team and since I'm not very good at that I lurked around this forum hopping to find a theme. With no luck one of my friends suggested to use a bulky Salamence and make a team revolving a sweep from it. I thought it was a interesting idea and decided to go for it. This team goal is to eliminate Pokemon that could cause Salamence some problems like bulky steels with a flying immunity like Skarmory or Bronzong and general bulky water Pokemon. Since then this team is around 15-3, not bad by any means but I feel it could use improvements. So here I am. :) (Sorry for any bad English. :heart: )

Team at a glance:

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- U-turn
- Yawn

I chosed this lead because it get helps my team to get a fast start by crippling the opposing lead, setting up Stealth Rock and forcing switches or putting something to sleep with Yawn and general scouting with U-turn. If everything goes to plan this Pokemon will scout 3 of my opponent Pokemon, this lets me to predict with more ease in certain times and lets me figure out what kind of team my opponent is running, also with Trick it screws switch-ins like Scizor and Tyranitar who could take their Choice Band and severely lower their effectiveness. Though, after it's done with it job it kinda like a dead weight on my team thus making it a good sleep absorber and good sacrifice to bring in one of my other Pokemon unharmed. The 152 Spd EVs let me reach 264 speed which which a Scarf lets me outspeed Aero and anything slower. The Rest was put into overall bulk so Uxie can take random Meteor Mash, U-turn, Stone Edge better.

Azelf: Trick my Scarf on them since I'm faster than all non scarf Azelf, if it SR then I'll SR on the switch then Yawn unless otherwise. If taunt I'll will just U-turn to Scizor.

Metagross: Trick again, if it SR then I'll SR on the switch then Yawn unless otherwise. If not I'll either switch to Magnezone or SR depending on my mood.

Jirachi: I'll just SR as they trick, if they go for Iron Head switch to Magnezine. Easy

Aerodactyl: Trick, if taunted I U-turn to Scizor. If SR, I'll SR on the switch.

Swampert: Trick, so easy. I'll SR on the Switch.

Smeargle: Just take the sleep and SR. >_<

Infernape: Take the Fake Out then Trick, then SR, then play depend on what move they're choiced at.

Roserade: Same boat as Smeargle for the first turn, SR and take the sleep.

Ninjask: Oh god, thank god I rarely face them. U-turn to Scizor generally and Bullet Punch. :/

Heatran: Never faced one but in theory I guess I'll Trick and play from there.

Synergy:
:
Scizor, Infernape, Salamence, Magnezone
: Scizor, Magnezone
: Scizor, Infernape, Magnezone

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

The ever standard Scizor, comes into something that it could beat and scouts with u-turn and do good damage on anything that does resist, Bullet Punch/Quick Attack lets me revenge stuff and with Quick Attack it also lest me revenge random Fire/Water/Electric Pokemon who resist Bullet Punch. Pursuit lets me trap those pesky ghosts and Phychic and weak Pokemon who may be a threat to this team if left. The Evs are simple here again 248 Evs instead of 252 so Scizor wouldn‘t take as much damage from Stealth Rocks, 252 Atk Evs is obviously to increase Scizor’s damage input, no speed evs because when I face opposing CB Scizor I want to go last to have the adavantage in the U-turn match-up. I'm wondering if I may need a different EV spread or should I replace Quick Attack for Superpower? Please help. :)

Synergy:
: Infernape, Salamence, Latias

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 Spd / 56 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Overheat
- U-turn

TBQH I chose him for a extra fire/ice resist and I needed a good wall-breaker and someone who could beat Tyranitar so here's Infernape (This is the team member I'm most willing to change.) I choose this set because I like having U-turn and a extra priority move on this team. Close Combat is my main move here to deal insane amount of damage to Pokemon who doesn't resist fighting attacks and steel Pokemon that may wall Salamence. U-turn is for scouting and to get out of a sticky situation. Mach Punch just for another priority move, you can get enough of that right? Overheat is to beat general physically bulky steel types and Celebi. The EVs are simple, 200 puts me to 332 to beat those 331 Pokemon who aim to beat those 330 speed Infernape (>_>), 252 in Attack to put more power on Close Combat, Mach Punch and U-turn. The rest in SAtk to make Overheat slightly stronger.

Synergy:
: Salamence, Latias
: Uxie, Salamence, Latias
: Magnezone
: Uxie, Scizor, Magnezone, Latias

Salamence (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 182 Def / 76 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

Ahh bulky Salamence, so good at taking physical it's scary. What like like about this is how it can take a CB Scizor and not lose more that half it health, with Roost and Leftovers it's not going down to bullet punch anytime soon. This Salamence is designed to Dragon Dance multiple time and after two DD it can outruns anything and most Choice Scarf Pokemon. EQ+DC have great coverage and after a DD will put a dent on most things even without any Atk EVs. What I also like about this is most priority (minus Mamoswine)user won't 2HKO him and can roost off the damage and can get a DD in. The 76 Spd EVs put Salamence to 280 Speed to outrun Adamant Lucario and +Spd nature Heatran and the rest is to make Salamence as physically bulky as possible. But this set has some problems with Skarmory, Bronzong and general bulky water Pokemon so my next Pokemon is somewhat mandatory.....

Synergy:
: Magnezone

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Magnet Rise
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone my Steel killer, and most likely the M.V.P of this team. This set was obviously designed to take out those pesky steels that could ruin Salamence's fun and beat my team. Hp Grass+Thunderbolt allows me to beat in general bulky water Pokemon such as Swampert/Vaporeon/Suicune that could also ruin Salamence fun. Subsitute let me block unwanted status and lets me scout my opponent move or switch-in, with Magnet Rise it eliminates Magnezone biggest weakness Ground and most Pokemon that run a ground move do not have another way to deal with Magnezone so they can't beat it. The EVs are simple, 100 Spd puts me to 181 so I can assure to outspeed most lead Metagross and anything slower. The 252 SAtk EVs is so Magnezone can deal the most damage it could do and the rest on HP of some extra survivability.

Synergy:
: Infernape, Salamence, Latias

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

A fairly standard revenge killer. She makes a great revenge killer outspeeding any Gyarados and Salamence after a Dragon Dance and OHKO them with Thunderbolt/Draco Meteor, she also can outspeed most Rain Dancers as well so I wouldn't be so rain dance weak. Draco Meteor puts a good dent on things not named Blissey or random Steel types. Surf/Thunderbolt provide additional coverage to beat common foes like Heatran, Skarmory, Empoleon. Trick can ruin any wall or set-uppers pokemon who may be a threat to this team and it's usually a good move to do. The 252 Speed EV spread with is so Latias can outspeed positive nature Base 100 Pokemon after a speed boost or choiced (generally Speed Dragon Dancers) and most Swift Swimmers under the rain, 252 SAtk EVs to insure that Latias hit has hard as possible.

Synergy:
: Scizor, Infernape, Salamence, Magnezone

Thanks for taking your time to read this and give it a rate. I appreciated. :) Any suggestion is welcome.

Also just a warning, I'm unable to face any Rotom form so please take that into consideration. Thanks.

Try LO Heatran w/ HP Grass over infernape, although it doesnt cover Tyranitar (you've got a scizor), it has the ice resist and a fire immunity, and is great for drawing out bulky waters and denting them with a HP Grass. Although it won't OHKO them (unless named swampert), they won't be as threatening if they have to recover as you switch out. And it has the nice advantage of owning over-predicting heatrans and being a great pokemon in general.

Wow, I like this team a lot actually. If I had the ability to rate, I would give it 5 stars. It uses a variety of Pokemon I love to use myself, and seems to pull it off pretty effectively. I can see you having trouble vs. stall teams w/ shed shell Skarmory though. I'll test my own version of this team out and let you know any recommendations I can give. Overall, good stuff though, and the best made team I've seen here in a while.

You know, random thing I thought of. Base 100s that run a positive speed nature hit a max of 328, which is 492 after a scarf. Latias can hit 495 speed with 176 EVs and a positive nature. If Dugtrio is really an issue for you, you can run 212 speed. You only miss out on a speed tie with Gengar, who Scizor will take care of.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
Wow, I like this team a lot actually. If I had the ability to rate, I would give it 5 stars. It uses a variety of Pokemon I love to use myself, and seems to pull it off pretty effectively. I can see you having trouble vs. stall teams w/ shed shell Skarmory though. I'll test my own version of this team out and let you know any recommendations I can give. Overall, good stuff though, and the best made team I've seen here in a while.
Wow thanks. :)

You know, random thing I thought of. Base 100s that run a positive speed nature hit a max of 328, which is 492 after a scarf. Latias can hit 495 speed with 176 EVs and a positive nature. If Dugtrio is really an issue for you, you can run 212 speed. You only miss out on a speed tie with Gengar, who Scizor will take care of.
Aren't Choice Scarf Timid Latias somewhat common? I would like to speed tie them. Or do you think that Scizor could handle those variants.

Changing Mach Punch to HP Ice 70 eliminates the threat of a possible dragon lurking in their team allowing you to kill it without switching. Of course, you can U-turn out to something, but why not kill it. HP Ice can also serve as a filler move to kill ground types.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Scizor easily revenges any Salemence worn down a bit. I think U-turn is the much superior option, scouting for threats such as Starmie and Latias. Then Scizor can come in and spam more U-turns. Good looking team.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
What about this spread for Mence:
Salamence @ leftovers
Naive
200 hp / 180 def / 52 spe att / 78 speed
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
DD
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
I would really love Roost on my mence, I wonder what does this do that my current mence doesn't?

Changing Mach Punch to HP Ice 70 eliminates the threat of a possible dragon lurking in their team allowing you to kill it without switching. Of course, you can U-turn out to something, but why not kill it. HP Ice can also serve as a filler move to kill ground types.
Thanks but no thanks, my Scizor can handle most Dragon types and my Latias can revenge most of them.

Hello

This is a good looking team.
But I do have some suggestions:

- You might wanna consider Zen Headbutt over Yawn on Uxie.

- Superpower could really help Scizor, so you might give him that.

- I also suggest hp fire on Magnezone, because it's a steel killer and thunderbolt already deals with Suicune and Vaporeon.
So you could consider Grass Knot on Infernape to take on Swampert. I would put it over U-turn, since you already have Scizor for scouting.

Not much to say about the rest.

Hope I helped!

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
Thanks for your suggestions BlackScizor but I have some questions though...

What would Zen Headbutt do for my team? I like having Yawn on it as it could scout or put a pokemon to sleep, I don't see what Zen Headbutt does for this team.

I never use Superpower on CBScizor in the past, Quick Attack atleast gives me the option to somewhat revenge/hurt Gyara/bulky waters.

Hmm Grass Knot on Infernape sounds good though I would like to keep U-turn it lets me beat things like Latia/Bulky Water that love switching in on him. If i remove Mach Punch then Jolly Luke can rip my team apart. Hmmm.

Also, I think HP fire on Magnezone is not a good idea as it only hurt Scizor/Forry for more damage with a STAB thunderbolt. Anyways Magnezone can deal with then with TB alone, and Swampert is a pain.

Thanks for your help though. :)

I must say this team is excellently built; I love each individual Pokemon is offensively oriented, yet together manage to cover each other's weaknesses and check nearly every threat in the metagame.

That being said, posting in this thread obligates me to give constructive advice:

Use Superpower over Quick Attack on Scizor. For the sole reason that after one Curse, Snorlax will be hard to finish off if you can't get Infernape switched in. Another minor change that you -might- consider is putting like Black Belt on Infernape so that you're not losing ridiculous amounts of health just using U-Turn; the extra longevity when you're up against stall teams may make up for the damage decrease.

I honestly think changing anything else could seriously unbalance your team. Infernape is especially important, as it serves as a crucial DDTar check.

Never use Quick attack on Scizor! Brick break is a much better choice. Psychic >> Surf on Latias for STAB. Also i am not a fan of Salamences with no Atk EVs invested. Even though it's a bulky Mence he needs atleast 76 Evs in ATK. That Infernape is actually rlly kwl. I don think i've ever seen one like tht. Or maybe i have i just dont remember. Isn't T-Tar a plague in the ass for this team? If he carries EQ instead of Crunch he can after a DD beat almost this whole team.
You can't honestly say to never use Quick Attack. It's useful for revenge killing weakened Pokemon that resist BP, or in order to hit them in general (Infernape, Zapdos, etc.)

Surf is better on Latias because of coverage paired with Dragon, and being stuck in Psychic is terrible.

Salamence doesn't NEED EVs in Attack, dude. It's a bulky set, the EVs are necessary for survivability and he still hits 306 Attack without any boosts, neutral nature and no EVs. That's perfectly fine, especially when you're boosting it.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
I must say this team is excellently built; I love each individual Pokemon is offensively oriented, yet together manage to cover each other's weaknesses and check nearly every threat in the metagame.

That being said, posting in this thread obligates me to give constructive advice:

Use Superpower over Quick Attack on Scizor. For the sole reason that after one Curse, Snorlax will be hard to finish off if you can't get Infernape switched in. Another minor change that you -might- consider is putting like Black Belt on Infernape so that you're not losing ridiculous amounts of health just using U-Turn; the extra longevity when you're up against stall teams may make up for the damage decrease.

I honestly think changing anything else could seriously unbalance your team. Infernape is especially important, as it serves as a crucial DDTar check.
Thank for the complimant, and I'm really liking that idea of Expert Belt instead of Life Orb. Seeing how Life Orb and Stealth Rock easily wear out Infernape and with Expert Belt I can still revenge/check Tyran and Luke and hit potential Starmie/Latias switching hard with U-Turn without losing health in the progress. Thanks. ;)

Also, thanks for the Superpower suggestion but Snorlax isn't all that common for me to switch Quick Attack. Sorry.

Thanks for helping ontop, but I don't think any of your suggestion will help my team. Sorry :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)