ORAS OU RMT: Just a Meme

From the depths of the OU ladder, I, zappytyke2000, bring you...another ass team. Okay, so this one's not QUITE as bad as my Dugtrio team ( see http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-im-diggin-this.3569268/), but it's still not winning me many battles. So, of course, I'm turning to Smogon to help me out. Without further ado, it's time for "Just a Meme."

Mr. Meme (Mr. Mime) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Here it is: the thing I built my team around. Surprisingly it's actually one of the better mons on the team because of its insane power. With a Nasty Plot up, the Life Orb boost allows it to OHKO Pokémon like defensive Mega Venusaur, Sylveon, and (possibly) Ferrothorn, while being able to 2HKO Pokémon such as Sp. Def. Gliscor, Chansey, Sp. Def. Heatran, and Clefable. And if you're wondering why I have HP Fighting instead of Focus Blast, there are three main reasons. a) It's still a Fighting-type move, so it has the same coverage as Focus Blast; b) it doesn't have a chance to miss; and c) because of Technician, it gets boosted to 90 BP instead of 60. So basically, I trade a little power for some accuracy, and even though I've never once clicked HP Fighting with this mon I think it's better.

LaBrea (Tyranitar) (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

The main reason this thing is here is for Talonflame. Without it, the OU birb kinda demolishes this team (so hopefully you'll have some suggestions for a better Pokémon to deal with it). My goal, however, as you can see from that EV spread, is moreso to LIVE than to do damage (although even with only 4 EVs in Attack it still gets up to 305). And for anyone who's wondering, with two Curses up and an uneaten Chople Berry this thing takes roughly 24-28% from Mega Lopunny's HJK and about 28-34% from Breloom's Mach Punch, then able to 2HKO or OHKO (respectively) with Fire Punch. Oh yeah, and Fire Punch. Because Ferrothorn. Which, by the way, does around 21-26% with Gyro Ball when I have +2 defense. Long story short, we LIVIN'.

Nagini (Serperior) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ah yes, the monstrous grass snake. Hard to make an OU team nowadays without one of these on it. This is my personal favorite Serperior set. While the Assault Vest doesn't help us live super-effective special moves TOO effectively, it does certainly help. We've got the standard Leaf Storm for boosting, Giga Drain to restore some HP, Dragon Pulse because otherwise I do nothing to Dragon-types, and HP Fire because otherwise I do nothing to Ferrothorn. Obviously Heatran is the biggest roadblock to this set, but with a combination of Pokémon #6 and Mr. Meme and TTar both being able to 2HKO it (with the former 2HKOing even specially defensive variants) it's not as much of an issue, provided that the things that check Heatran are still alive.

The Sarc (Cofagrigus) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 230 HP / 252 Def / 26 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Alright, I know what you're thinking: Why the HELL do you have a Cofagrigus? But hear me out; there are very specific reasons for it. Obviously this is helpful because of its crazy bulk, but that's not the main selling point for me. When reading the list of "checks and counters" on Mega Lopunny's Smogon page, this guy was mentioned because of that wonderful little ability called Mummy. If you switch this in on a Fake Out, any Lopunny not running anything besides Normal or Fighting moves automatically does nothing to you, and if they do choose to stay in and attack you can burn them quite easily. As for HP Ground, I guess that's also there for Heatran (AKA one of very few Pokémon in OU who would take more damage from that than from Shadow Ball).

Pintor (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Nothing much to say here. It's a pretty standard hazard Smeargle.

On the DL (Cloyster) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 200 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes

First of all, if you understand the nickname on this thing you are awesome ;] . The main purpose of this thing is to live an attack or two and get off a Rapid Spin, clearing away all those unfriendly hazards. Speaking of living, this thing is REALLY bulky. Like, seriously, how often do you stop to think about the fact that Cloyster has ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY BASE DEFENSE? Crazy. Anyway, this thing can also set up some hazards of its own in the form of Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Obviously I went with the latter because Smeargle already has normal Spikes. Hydro Pump is there to make me a Heatran check (and a check to any Fire-types that try to burn me), and Icicle Spear is for our good "friend" Gliscor. Although Hydro Pump would technically work just as well for that purpose, even when burned Icicle Spear still does 76-93 to that Sp. Def Gliscor set, and it doesn't have a chance to miss.

So that's the team. Like I said, this one isn't nearly as shit as my Dugtrio team (and I think few, if any, teams I make in the future ever will be), but it's definitely not the best team I've ever made either, and I'm open to suggestions. So, please, offer them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)