ORAS OU RMT: M-Gardevoir + Scolipede Offense

Introduction

**Hello there. This is my first time posting on the forums. I'm trying to brush my skills up before Sun and Moon, and this team was built just recently but have seen above-average success. But I still noticed some flaws and any advice is appreciated. Thank you.**

Teambuilding Process

**M-Gardevoir has powerful offensive options and a wide variety of support options as well**

**Next up, Scolipede covers the lack of Speed for M-Gardevoir while having good sweeping potential.**

**Slowbro offers amazing defensive capabilities to the team, being able to take hits from Excadrill and Lando.**

**Terrakion is my back-up sweeper with great dual STABs and a much-needed priority move.**

**Raikou counters some Water-type threats such as Manaphy and functions as a pivot.**

**Heatran is my counter to Scizor and revenge-killer, with great wallbreaking potential.**

The Team

Let's Dance (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 84 Def / 184 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
**I've been wanting to try out M-Gardevoir for a long time. And after some experimenting, I'm not disappointed. STAB Hyper Voice nukes everything, either 2HKOing Clef or straight up OHKOing offensive mons. Psychock offers more damage against Chansey and Focus Blast is used for Tran and Ferro. The last slot wasn't needed as much so I went with Will-o-wisp to cripple switch-ins like Exca and Metagross. 50% of the time this is my lead, just to break through Lando by utilizing Trace.**

What's a Lati (Scolipede) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
**Scolipede gives the team an offensive check to the Latis and the Speed potential. Megahorn and Poison Jab hit most of OU for neutral damage, while Aqua Tail can revenge kill or sweep through Lando, Exca and Tran. This ends up being my wincon 70% of the time, being able to SD up against passive mons and bust through with no effort.**

Bro? (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Disable
**Slowbro can take repeated hits from Exca, which is the biggest threat to the team. With Regenerator, it doubles as a defensive pivot and lures out counters such as Thundurus and Weavile which I can play around. Disable is a niche but has been useful in some scenarios, such as forcing out choiced-mons.**

Tuscon (Terrakion) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
**Terrakion pressures T-Tar, Weavile and Talonflame somewhat well. It pairs nicely with Scolipede to form a decent offensive core. And if the matchups are in its favor, it can late-game sweep easily, similar to Scoli, assuming Edge can hit. Quick Attack is for revenge purposes.**

Triggered (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
**Raikou provides momentum through Volt Switch and a decent check to Water-types such as Manaphy and Keldeo. I chose HP Fire over HP Ice because Scizor is much more scary to this team than Lando or Chomp. The Speed decrease is fine with me because I can still scare out Starmie.**

Curry (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
**Lastly, I went with Heatran for its amazing defensive typing and wallbreaking prowess. Scarf is for crucial outspeeds such as Weavile and Manectric without relying on Scolipede. It's often seen as a bulky support on this team so Scarf can throw people off. And again, it's a Scizor check, unless it is the banded Superpower set. **

Conclusion

**So on paper, this team looks incomplete, with no way of setting or controlling hazards. But with how offensive I play, I can wear down walls very fast and clean up easily with the Terrak and Scoli core. On the defensive side, only Slowbro and maybe Raikou can reliably take hits, but every member can at least take 1 and do big damage back. Of course, this team struggles against Hyper Offense with threats like Scizor, Bisharp and Weavile so I often trade 1 for 1 to get the momentum. But overall, it has performed well on the recent ladder, staying around the 1600s. Most losses are due to hax.**

Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

What's a Lati (Scolipede) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Bro? (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Disable

Tuscon (Terrakion) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Triggered (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Curry (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

hi fellow overused player nice to see such a cool rmt, i like the choice of your mons :]

but ( as always i have something to improve, what would be the other reason for posting here :D ) i noticed some weaknesses of your team.

the most important one is probably that theres no real ground immunity on your team. like, its really hard to stop grounds with your team even though you have a slowbro.
but it'll get overwhelmed after a time. Also the defensive landoruses which come in on scoli or terrak or raikou can always uturn which
1. annoys slowbro and 2. annoys u because they get momentum all the time which could be pretty bad if they have a serp for example.
heatran has no leftovers and gets whittled by rocks + the attack damage. same for scoli and raikou.

thats why i replaced your raikou with landorus-t

<=( POKEMON_REPLACEMENTS) =>

landorus-t
provides so many positive aspects in this meta that using it is basically without negative effect.
- it checks most grounds pretty well and generates momentum.
- it provides speed to revenge some threats
- its a fighting switchin which is another positive aspect

now that i replaced raikou this team kind of struggles with offensive water types so i replaced
slowbro with starmie

Starmie
helps to handle offensive water types because it outspeeds them ( basically keldeo most of the time ).
We have two different options right here: either run reflect type to not get trapped by weav or ttar and also checking bisharp or running tbolt to hit keldeo as well as manaphy:

- starmie has the ability to spin which is crucial because hazards are rly annoying to your team
- its a good heatran switchin and a fine status absorber which is a cool support overall
- it checks keldeo
- it speedcreeps the likes of thundurus, latis, scarfmagnezone, m-meta, gengar etc etc. that means that itll get some chances to revenge weakened threats.
- scald itself is a huge pro because the ability to burn annoying mons like ferrothorn and amoongus is helpful af

<=(SET REPLACEMENTS OR CHANGES)=>

now that u have a scarfer in landorus you can use heatran to check special threats like latios and serperior.
i chose to run a spdef set with just enough speed to outspeed adamant bisharp ( which is still annoying to your team ) or specs magnezone.

i also changed WoW to Taunt on Garde because this has a higher potential of beating stall-like teams

the third change is that i changed terraks set into a choicebanded one. its wallbreaking capabilities are insane and it gets a kill like everytime when u face landorus-less offense.
and even lando doesnt like banded stone edge too much

<=(Explanations)=>

basically your set just taunt over WoW. taunt shuts down walls like chansey, alomomola and spdef skarm

Terrakion acts as a wallbreaker with its two great stabs. you can choose your last move freely. either use iron head to safely hit clef or x-sciz to 2hko slowbro.
you can even use rock slide for more accuracy when you dont want to use edge. try to weaken the opposing team with this and garde and then afterwards sweep with scolipede

well yeah, standard defensive starmie. tbolt or reflect type: your choice. its just as i explained above

well yeah thats the most standard set in this tier, nothing to explain i guess

WoW to have another option against bisharp but you can run toxic as well to criple waters better. taunt to shut down clef and lava plume/rocks for obvious reasons. You didnt have rocks in your former team so this will help you a lot. I forgot to put 248 HP Evs in this pic. thats just a number to no not hit a stealth rock number. 200 speed to hit 240 speed to outspeed ada bish and specsmagne just as i said above. rest in spdef

i just kept your scoli set. its a cool and innovative late game cleaner which has the potential the clear the remaining mons of the opposing team lategame. try to weaken the likes of ferrothorn and landorus early on and this thing will be scary.

okay thats it hope u enjoyed. just a sidenote: if you face a gengar: get rocks up ASAP so that it cant hit u too often.
landorus can switch in for one time and force it out. scoli outspeeds and kills after some lo hits or rocks damages.
starmie outspeeds too but doesnt to nearly enough to kill it from full so be bewear of that thing.
rly cool team otherwise ill probably use it myself :)

hi fellow overused player nice to see such a cool rmt, i like the choice of your mons :]

but ( as always i have something to improve, what would be the other reason for posting here :D ) i noticed some weaknesses of your team.

the most important one is probably that theres no real ground immunity on your team. like, its really hard to stop grounds with your team even though you have a slowbro.
but it'll get overwhelmed after a time. Also the defensive landoruses which come in on scoli or terrak or raikou can always uturn which
1. annoys slowbro and 2. annoys u because they get momentum all the time which could be pretty bad if they have a serp for example.
heatran has no leftovers and gets whittled by rocks + the attack damage. same for scoli and raikou.

thats why i replaced your raikou with landorus-t
<=( POKEMON_REPLACEMENTS) =>

landorus-t provides so many positive aspects in this meta that using it is basically without negative effect.
- it checks most grounds pretty well and generates momentum.
- it provides speed to revenge some threats
- its a fighting switchin which is another positive aspect

now that i replaced raikou this team kind of struggles with offensive water types so i replaced
slowbro with starmie

Starmie
helps to handle offensive water types because it outspeeds them ( basically keldeo most of the time ).
We have two different options right here: either run reflect type to not get trapped by weav or ttar and also checking bisharp or running tbolt to hit keldeo as well as manaphy:

- starmie has the ability to spin which is crucial because hazards are rly annoying to your team
- its a good heatran switchin and a fine status absorber which is a cool support overall
- it checks keldeo
- it speedcreeps the likes of thundurus, latis, scarfmagnezone, m-meta, gengar etc etc. that means that itll get some chances to revenge weakened threats.
- scald itself is a huge pro because the ability to burn annoying mons like ferrothorn and amoongus is helpful af

<=(SET REPLACEMENTS OR CHANGES)=>

now that u have a scarfer in landorus you can use heatran to check special threats like latios and serperior.
i chose to run a spdef set with just enough speed to outspeed adamant bisharp ( which is still annoying to your team ) or specs magnezone.

i also changed WoW to Taunt on Garde because this has a higher potential of beating stall-like teams

the third change is that i changed terraks set into a choicebanded one. its wallbreaking capabilities are insane and it gets a kill like everytime when u face landorus-less offense.
and even lando doesnt like banded stone edge too much

<=(Explanations)=>

basically your set just taunt over WoW. taunt shuts down walls like chansey, alomomola and spdef skarm

Terrakion acts as a wallbreaker with its two great stabs. you can choose your last move freely. either use iron head to safely hit clef or x-sciz to 2hko slowbro.
you can even use rock slide for more accuracy when you dont want to use edge. try to weaken the opposing team with this and garde and then afterwards sweep with scolipede

well yeah, standard defensive starmie. tbolt or reflect type: your choice. its just as i explained above

well yeah thats the most standard set in this tier, nothing to explain i guess

WoW to have another option against bisharp but you can run toxic as well to criple waters better. taunt to shut down clef and lava plume/rocks for obvious reasons. You didnt have rocks in your former team so this will help you a lot. I forgot to put 248 HP Evs in this pic. thats just a number to no not hit a stealth rock number. 200 speed to hit 240 speed to outspeed ada bish and specsmagne just as i said above. rest in spdef

i just kept your scoli set. its a cool and innovative late game cleaner which has the potential the clear the remaining mons of the opposing team lategame. try to weaken the likes of ferrothorn and landorus early on and this thing will be scary.

okay thats it hope u enjoyed. just a sidenote: if you face a gengar: get rocks up ASAP so that it cant hit u too often.
landorus can switch in for one time and force it out. scoli outspeeds and kills after some lo hits or rocks damages.
starmie outspeeds too but doesnt to nearly enough to kill it from full so be bewear of that thing.
rly cool team otherwise ill probably use it myself :)
Thanks for the feedback dude. I'll be sure to try these changes out later. Btw I'm not running Taunt right now because M-Sab suspect so everyone is using offense, with the trash Custap Skarm set lol.

I'm not running Taunt right now because M-Sab suspect so everyone is using offense, with the trash Custap Skarm set lol.
taunt shuts down skarm completely because it cant set up hazards. the only move it has got last is bb which it has to use now. so either way it switches out or you can switch into your heatran while it loses some hp and then kill it with lava plume the next turn. no hazards.

taunt shuts down skarm completely because it cant set up hazards. the only move it has got last is bb which it has to use now. so either way it switches out or you can switch into your heatran while it loses some hp and then kill it with lava plume the next turn. no hazards.
lol I got screwed over by Iron Head skarm once. Never again. People actually run that for Diancie now, it's not like they have 3 checks in the back or anything.

Uh i forgot to give the import. Ill give it to you later today aka ill edit into this post ^^

Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Terrakion @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- X-Scissor

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 SpD / 200 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)