ORAS OU RMT Metagross-M based

Hi everyone. First of all, I've been disconnected from Pokemon for at least 8 or 9 months, so I am by the moment a bit outside with what is the current meta. I've read enough threads to know the basics about the new meta and I decided to play OU again.

I have to say that I'm not a OU player, I never enjoyed enough to give it so much time. I enjoy play Monotype or Uber the most. I reached Uber top 10 in Showdown about 2013 and now I see I can do something in OU, so I show you this team here, and please, say whatever you want to say from the respect. I will take any thought or any sugest from all of you.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

Metagross is my main physical sweeper. As you can see, with Metagrossite/Jolly Nature and my EV spread I can outspeed all 110 Base Speed pokes with no boost, if they have neutral speed nature. 252 Atk is to deal the most damage. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are my main STAB moves. Earthquake to deal with Excadrill, Heatran, etc. And in the last place, Bullet Punch for priority and fast revenge kill low objetives.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus is one of the best checks for me, I can outspeed a lot of threats to Metagross, such as all 110 base Speed with no boost on them. I prefer defiant over pransker because I choose Superpower over thunder wave, and it can also works a lot against Landorus-T starters, OHKOing him if no sash.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

I really love playing this pokemon. With choice specs and magnet pull I can 2HKO Ferrothorn, Scizor and Skarmory with HP-Fire. Volt Swich for checking scalding menaces such as Vaporeon or Keldeo and gain a very strong momentum. Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt to a base 130 Sp. Atk STAB.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

This will be my starter 95% of the times. Due to his great speed, he can set stealth rock and give a free check against most of the counters of Metagross. Earthquake to powerfull STAB and 2HKO Blissey. Stone Edge to deal powerfull sweepers such as Charizard-Y, Talonflame and Volcarona. Can even works well against Altaria before he turns mega.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom has good sinergy with Magnezone and Metagross. He can check ground type menaces to Metagross and Magnezone thanks to his ability. His bulkyness makes him almost OHKOed and can go in to check physical sweepers and Will-O-Wisp them to reduce the kill potential.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute

My last pokemon will be Keldeo. He is my main special sweeper and I'll want to be as fast as possible to outspeed most of the threats of the enemy team. Thanks to Substitute, I can win a free Calm Mind againt counters and favorable matchups, otherwise, I'll simply hit or change into a favorable matchup on my team.

Well, this was my team, I hope you like it, and all the help you can give will be well recived.

Links:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-244031116
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-244028810

Last edited:
Yo, nice team!

After looking at the team, I think you should definitely try Sub + CM Keldeo > Specs Keldeo. It'll offer bulk on the special side, while still being as fast and as powerful as the specs set. However, it'll have access to both STABs, which is very important. I see what Landorus-Therian is going for, and it works. The only problem is the item. I think Leftovers would be better on that type of set. The longevity that Landorus-T will get through this is great. Your Magnezone has Choice Scarf, even though you're talking about specs. Make sure ya fix that, haha.

I totally see what you're trying to achieve with Gliscor, but I don't really see it working too well. I'm not even going to lie here, but I think Thundurus would be preferred over Gliscor. It has the speed control that MegaGross needs, and access to Knock Off to cripple Chansey and can handle the bulky waters that MegaGross struggles with.

Movesets:
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower / Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power Ice

That's all I have for ya! Great team and good luck in your future battles! ^_^

Hmm yes, I mistook the Zone's item. Is scarf xD, btw, I'll test CM Keldeo and Thundurus over Gliscor and I'll come here again with the impressions. Thanks for your feedback! See ya!

EDIT: I left you a link to the first battle I dead with the changes. I have to say that the opponent wasn't very experienced, I'm at 1100 ELO atm because of my inactivity xD so to test isn't that bad. Bear in mind that I decided to take the risk of loosing Keldeo against Kyurem to check if Kyurem had Choice Scarf because I could easily sweep him with Metagross, but If I could sweep him with Keldeo it also was instawin because the CM buff. Nice feedback, buddy, I'm very happy with this team.

Link: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-244028810

Last edited:

Perennial

amol selseila
your team has a big Charizard-Y weakness. while you do have some ways to threaten Charizard-Y, nothing on your team enjoys switching in on sun boosted Fire Blast's, which she has several opportunities to launch. other pokémon like Mega Manectric are also troublesome here. she is faster than your entire team and threatens everything between Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Hidden Power Ice. in my opinion, you can afford to replace Thundurus-I with a Latios to address these issues. you have three electric types which is redundant, so letting one go is advisable.
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Roost

HP Fire to lure/damage threats Mega Metagross appreciates gone, like Mega Scizor. other things like Calm Mind can be considered to deal more damage to common switch ins like Clefable.
losing the luring ability Thundurus-I had with Knock Off to kill the Lati twins for Keldeo is a shame. to make up for this, consider Pursuit over Bullet Punch on Metagross to trap them. additionally, consider Hammer Arm in lieu of Earthquake. you retain similar coverage to Earthquake while gaining the ability to deal good damage to pokémon who would wall you otherwise, like Ferrothorn.

usually, Magnezone is used to trap pokémon like Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Scizor. nothing on your team is really taking advantage of these pokémon being trapped. this makes me think Magnezone's slot could be put to better use. one change to consider in her place is Klefki, who lays down Spikes to further weaken checks to Keldeo and Mega Metagross and apply pressure with between your VoltTurn duo of Rotom-W and Landorus-T. all of these guys force many switches, which your opponent will be punished by via Spikes. you still retain a steel and because of Prankster Thunder Wave, gain an emergency check to set-up sweepers. these are all nice benefits and if interested, give this a go:
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise / Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam
my final suggestion is to make Rotom-W more physically defensive. with my Klefki and Latios suggestion, you have more than enough to cover special attackers. altering Rotom-W to a more physical defensive spread takes away the pressure placed on Landorus-T to handle threats like Excadrill and Talonflame. you also gain a much more reliable answer to Azumarill, which your team becomes weaker to after my suggestions. a spread of 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe with Bold functions well, possessing good physical bulk and making you faster than any BD Azimarill.

nice job, liked!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)