Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/4 Spd/92 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Surf
- Roar
- Grass Knot
My lead. Stealth Rock is almost imperative in today’s metagame, and every team should have it. Roar is to phaze things such as bulky waters if they start setting up. Surf is for basic STAB and Grass Knot is to help it counter waters. Great resistances make it pretty easy to get in too.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
Standard rotom-h. Will-o-wisp is to cripple those physical attackers and really helps against those that come in to pursuit me. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are for STAB as well as good type coverage. Overheat is there for lucario, scizor, metagross, etc.
---

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic
Trace is my favorite ability in the game. This guy counters so much. Heatran, DD Gyara, DD Mence, Jolteon, etc. Discharge OHKOs Gyara after SR, and Ice Beam+Discharge provides perfect coverage. Toxic+Recover can wear down most walls, and is a great way to stall out everyone late game.
---

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Explosion
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
---
ScarfTran is here to revenge everything. This guy is also able to keep ALL common threats in check. Lucario, Scizor, and just about everything. Fire Blast is there for STAB, and combined with Earth Power, it hits all steels for neutral. When combined, it hits everything for at least neutral. When I’m done, I can exit with a bang by using explosion.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 148 HP/252 Spd/108 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Wish
This is a CM Latias with the Defensive CM evs and Wish over Recover. Wish provides better team support as well. Since Surf hits all steels for at least neutral, and Dragon Pulse hits all non steels for at least neutral, I can hit everything for neutral besides for shedinja and empoleon. Destroys infernape and Salamence. After it sets up, its nearly unstoppable.
---

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
This here is my standard Breloom with Stone Edge over Seed Bomb. Why? I want to be able to at least touch flyers such as salamence and zapdos. I come in, I spore, I sub, then I BOOM! Resistance to the Ground+Rock combination is excellent.

Thanks for reading. Rate please

A solid start, slightly weak to SD Luke but you have a way to threaten him out with ScarfTran I guess. You also have a DDTar weakness (Fire Punch type mostly, Empoleon can handle a Fire Punch/Crunch/SEdge version but if they run Earthquake then you can't. I think both these can be handled with something simple like a Gliscor if you want to cover both better and still have Stealth Rock (recommending over Emploeon obviously). Empoleon can walk in on bulky waters ok enough, but it can't do anything to a Vaporeon and you have a CM Latias which sets up on bulky waters just fine with its ability to recover and CM up to reduce Ice Beam to negligent damage. A 308 speed Gliscor with SR/Toxic/Roost/Equake would do the trick. If they insist on switching their bulky water into Gliscor you can hit it with a Toxic to cut its useful life span. Stone Edge is also and option there but I ran Toxic shortly and liked it to hit Swampert/Vaporeon/other bulky waters without Recovery.

You also have a little bit of a problem with opposing Latios that run Surf/TBolt/DPulse/DMeteor on a specs or life orb set. ScarfTran Dragon Pulse is your best option again to "possibly" revenge kill it. I'll get back to you on what I would change to help with that problem, otherwise this team would have to be majorly overhauled and it has an ok enough base to work with that I don't want to tell you to change out everything. Breloom is probably the weak spot where you should put some sort of counter to Latias -> I'll edit something if I come up with an idea to help the overall team out.

I can take on DDTar with breloom if EQ, Empoleon if Fire Punch.

surf/Tbolt/Dpulse/DMeteor isn't that bad as I have something that can come in on all of its moves, so I just have to predict correctly.

And like you said, Heatran destroys SDLuke

I like your team. I have two main complaints though. You have 3 separate status inducing moves on three separate pokemon. It seems inefficient to me. I would get rid of toxic, as Porygon 2 usually isn't in the habit of breaking walls (and indeed, toxic doesn't help it against the dreaded, but popular blissy) Often times I've dreamed of running a fire move on Porygon 2 to take advantage of switching in on a Heatran, so I would suggest HP fire. But Magic Coat could be interesting as well, given his bulk. Maybe a set up move to take advantage of his bulk+recover?

My second complaint deals with a logical inconsistency in your post, and is of little import.

For a Balanced Team, this is kind of awkward.

There are 5 special attackers. One physical.

Of course, Breloom scares the fuck out of Snorlax if its not paralyzed when it gets in. But when Breloom dies, yeah... the blob o' fat will wreck you.

As Ucal said, the status moves are weird. Put Tri-Attack over Toxic for STAB. Give Rotom-H Thunder-Wave, not Will-o-Wisp. That way, you can paralyze a good amount of pokemon, and parahax + breloom's Sub is awesome. Whatever you dont paralyze, Spore. Then proceed to Focus Punch.

***: I did not list Blissey for a reason. Snorlax can setup with Latias if she opts to do that. Rarely anyone runs CMBliss, but Blissey will always come out on top in that situation.

Yeah bliss does give me troubles. However, if they have blissey, I will MAKE SURE to keep breloom alive.same with the less common snorlax.
And I might go thunder wave over WoW. I'll experiment with both.
For porygon2 I might use charge beam/ice beam/tri attack/recover.

yeah, a machamp would go in the place of latias or rotom, because your team rlly needs a strong physical tank. The restalk set will work fine here.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Alright, the Pokemon that gives your team massive problems is the one and only Blissey. The reason Blissey gives you massive problems is because 5 of your Pokemon focus on attacking from the Special Attacking side ( Empoleon, Heatran, Rotom, Latias, Porygon-2 ) Now, there are a couple of changes you can make to help remedy your Blissey problem so I will be suggesting ways as to how to resolve your Blissey problem! Here are some possible options: One option you have is to make Latias alter its moveset slightly to make it able to combat Blissey one on one. Secondly, you can make Rotom your Choice Scarf user instead of Heatran since Rotom can Trick the Choice Scarf onto incoming Blissey. If you make Rotom a Choice Scarf user, this leaves a couple of other options. Since having two Choice Scarf users is redundant, we can make your Heatran your lead over Empoleon since Empoleon functions best as a Special Sweeper rather than a lead.

So, let me start of with Latias. Latias seems to be the key to this team here judging from your descriptions. Like I said before, you have a problem with Blissey and making Latias bable to beat Blissey will greatly benefit your team. The set I am suggesting you use is Leftovers,Timid, 148 HP / 108 SpA / 252 Spe, Calm Mind, Dragon Pulse, Recover, Refresh. This Latias set will help you significantly in two ways. With this set, Latias can easily set up on Blissey and 2HKO it after +6 Calm Minds with Dragon Pulse. This also easily kills Bulky Waters. Refresh means they can't simply Toxic you then attempt to stall you out since Refresh will heal you of all Status, allowing you to easily CM in their face. This Latias will help you greatly against Stall teams since it can easily break Stall once you get rid of their Steel types. The second thing that this Latias provides for this team is more duarability then your current Calm Mind Latias because 1) It can instantly heal with recover 2) It rids status with refresh. With Recover and Refresh, it can act as a great status absorber for this team.

Now secondly, I am going to suggest that you use Heatran as your lead for a couple of reasons. Making heatran your lead will allow Empoleon to act as a sweeper for your team. Secondly, it will not be locked into a move meaning that you can Explode at any time instead of having to predict when Blissey is coming in. Also, do not worry about losing your revenge killer because Rotom revenge kills just about everything heatran revenge kills such as Lucario, Scizor, etc while being able to cripple its counters such as Blissey. For heatran, use Stealth Rock, Fire Blast, Earth Power, Hidden Power Grass/Explosion with 252 SpA 252 Spe 6 HP with Shuca Berry. There is a little twist to this set, Hidden Power Grass. With the rise of Swampert leads lately, Hidden Power Grass allows you to kill Swampert leads. Explosion can also be an alternative option if you want to gt rid of Blissey and Latias who like switching in on Heatran. Fire Blast is there for STAb while Earth Poer allows Heatran to hit opposing Heatran and getting a super effective hit on Tyranitar switch-ins.

Alright, now that I suggested Heatran as your lead, I suggest making Empoleon more of a sweeper. Empoleon is a very potent threat as a sweeper since late game, it can sweep with ease thanks to its Special Attack being increased by 1.5 and Torrent being activated once Empoleon is low enough on health. Nothing will enjoy taking boosted Surf's from Empoleon.

So, I suggest using Petaya Berry, 12 HP/252 Spd/244 SAtk, Modest, Substitute, Agility, Surf ,Grass Knot. First, Empoleon comes in on something that is unable to OHKO or cripple it. This includes a lot of top-tier Pokemon, including Blissey without Thunder Wave, Suicune and Vaporeon. Once you get a free turn, you Agility, bringing your speed to a blazing 438. You then Substitute until Petaya activates, boosting Empoleon's already respectable 350 Special Attack to 525. Surf is improved by STAB from 95 base power to 137 base power, then Torrent kicks in, boosting its base power to an incredible 208. Even things that resist Water are still destroyed. Empoleon resists the two most common Priority moves, Bullet Punch and Ice Shard, carrying a 4x resistance to each, meaning they won't even 2HKO an Empoleon's Substitute, while their users are OHKOed by Surf.

Now before I get into suggesting making Rotom hold Choice Scarf, I am going to suggest uisng a Pursuit user in tandem with Empoleon. Reason? With a Pursuit user, you can trap Blissey to leave it at low enough health for Empoleon or another one of your sweepers to kill it off. The Pokemon I am suggesting you use is Scizor over Breloom. Scizor will be very helpful for your team and I will explain why. First off, Scizor's Pursuit will help Empoleon in the following ways: 1) Scizor will be able to Pursuit Latias, getting rid of one of Empoleon's counters allowing Empoleon to sweep. 2) With Pursuit, Scizor will weaken Blissey enough for Empoleon to kill it off after Empoleon activates Petaya and Torrent.

So for Scizor, I would suggest making Scizor a Choice Band user with Adamant, Technician, Bullet Punch, Superpower, Pursuit, U-Turn, 200 HP, 252 Atk, 56 Spe. This is one of Scizor's best sets and for good reason. Basically the real reason this would be good for your team is because it gives your team some wayto weaken Blissey and Latias while being able to hand frail sweepers, something that might give your team trouble otherwise. Scizor is capable of keeping Pokemon such as Gengar, Salamence, Latias, Azelf, Porygon Z in check with its powerful STAB Bullet Punch. U-turn is good move for scouting your opponents team and deals huge amounts of damage any Pokemon that may come in. The HP EV's give Scizor some durability while the maximum investment in Attack allow Scizor to hit as hard as possible! I think Scizor wlll be better of over Breloom because Scizor does the things I previously mentioned. Breloom just puts something to Sleep and sits there really.

Lastly, I will work on Rotom! Like I said before, I suggest making Rotom your Choice Scarf user with Choice Scarf, Overheat, ThunderBolt, Shadow Ball, Trick, 252 Speed, 252 SpA, 6 HP, Timid. Rotom will now serve as your new revenge killer since it still revenge kills Lucario and Scizor just like heatran did for you. Rotom can also Trick its Choice Scarf onto Blissey, crippling it for the rest of the match! Overheat allows you to OHKO the previously mentioned Lucario and Scizor, ThunderBolt and Shadow ball is for STAB, and Trick is to disable walls such as the aforementioned Blissey!

Good Luck =D

Heatran has actually been doing alot.
Problem is, rotoms spatt is much lower than heatrans.
Should I remove rotom entirely for scizor?
I really like empoleons capabilities as a lead. I tried out sweeper empoleon once. Four move syndrome really kills it.
Blissey hasn't been posing that much of a problem. But I will switch to that latias set.
Thanks everyone! Keep up the rates!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)