RMT- Team Anarchy

Team Anarchy- At a Glance:

||
||
||
||
||

Introduction
First RMT, hell its my first post on the forums, but by no means is it my first team. I've been on Shoddy for a good while, and this team has shown some good potential, but it needs work. As such, I pass it along to the good people of the Smogon Community.

Anywoo, the team. The team idea started when I was talking with an opponent on Shoddy about the advantages of leading with Scarf Jirachi. It really evolved from there. The Breloom and Gyarados combo found me pretty fast, and the two have great synergy. Specs Jolteon came in as an Electric absorber for Gyara, and then Weavile joined the party for a true Revenge Killer.

In early tests, I had a Sub-Split Gengar in Swampert's spot, but I traded it in because I needed a phazer, and the team would greatly benefit from Stealth Rocks. And since Swampert filled both of the roles, as well as having unexpected synergy with the Breloom/Gyarados combo, I happily booted Gengar from the line-up.

Looking Deeper...

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

The seed that started the team, and likely my favorite of the whole thing. It out-speeds damn near everything, and hits like a tank. Trick leads just trade their Scarf for another, often wrecking their lead instead of mine. Amazing type coverage, and since Serene Grace is the best ability in the game, the fact that all four moves have hax potential is great. I love this guy, I really do.
---
Swampert (M) @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Basic Lead Mixpert...except he's not the lead. That fact alone throws people for a loop, and I can come in early game and take something out because of the surprise factor. And then I have the potential to take something else out when they switch in their Swampert counter, use Grass Knot...and I survive on account of my berry. His physical bulk cannot be understated, either.
---
Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP/252 Atk/244 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Substitute

Sub-Punch Breloom. Works just like every other Breloom, only getting set ups is insanely easy thanks to his teammates. Trying to take down Swampert after his berry is gone with Grass Knot? Breloom switch. Throwing an Earthquake at Jolteon? Breloom (or Gyarados) Switch. 'Nuff Said, me thinks.
---
Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/184 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Bounce

BulkyGyara. Some switching of the norm here, Bounce surprises people, and some of his counters. Taunt wrecks walls. Other than that, standard procedure. Once again, my chosen Revenge Killers and Choice-ers (I have one of each, lol) have weaknesses that are practically tailor made for a Gyarados switch.
---
Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Dedicated Revenge Killer #1- Choice Specs Jolteon. Electric Absorber for Gyarados, wrecks things with that Thunderbolt. He's also fast enough on his own to not need a Scarf to out-speed nearly everything that gives me trouble. HP [Ice] gives me pseudo Bolt-Beam. Shadow Ball wrecks Gengar, Dusknoir, and Rotom. Signal Beam Ruins Celebi forever, and hits some dark types stronger than Thunderbolt.
---
Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Dedicated Revenge Killer #2- Choice Band Weavile. Only slightly slower than Jolteon, so same advantages there. Also has STAB Pursuit if they want to run away, and STAB Ice Shard for Priority and general Dragon-Slaying. Ice Punch is there for when Priority isn't needed, because the power jump over Ice Shard grabs some OHKOs that Ice Shard can't reach. Low Kick for coverage, and gives me a solid way to put large dents in Heatran, which really gives this team issues if it has HP [Electric].
---

Weaknesses and Resistances Chart
Sorta speaks for itself, me thinks.

Major Threat List-
Note: I am way too lazy to put every OU pokemon and their brother in this list. I'm putting up what I've already found to be things that give me issues...

Machamp- Seriously, You should die. Permanently. I only have one resist on Dynamic Punch, and this thing really likes Stone Edge to go with it, and, if I am superiorly unlucky, the dreaded Fire Punch....What? The team has a problem with Fire....

Heatran- Probably the Number 1 problem this team faces. If it has HP [Electric] and isn't Choice, it'll likely take out at least two, maybe 3 pokemon before I get this thing under control. Without HP, Gyarados can stop most of them dead, unless they get Flash Fire off of Jirachi's Fire Punch. Swampert, if he's still around, can at least force a switch most of time.

Infernape- Heatran lite, basically. I enjoy neither Fire nor Close Combat, and its habit of carrying Grass Knot really pisses Swampert off, especially if its Rindo Berry is gone. Once again, Gyarados stops it fairly well, assuming Stone Edge or the odd HP [Electric] is absent. Swampert can usually beat lead variants, providing they don't have Grass Knot.

Starmie- Sort of the Oddball of the Threats List. The only one with no Fire, at least. That said, I have a hard time finding a counter for it sometimes, just because of its massive movepool. I've seen nearly everything on it, including a few things I didn't know it could have. Potential counters depend entirely on what set it is running, but Jirachi's Thunderpunch normally does a pretty good job, as does Jolteon switching in on a Thunderbolt coming for Gyarados. Weavile can also Revenge Kill it near 100% of the time with Pursuit, but a nearly full health one can potentially take it down with LO Hydro Pump.
-------

So yeah. Team Anarchy, just because I like the name. Any suggestions would be awesome. kthnx in advance.
~ExaltedRequiem

I can't just watch RMTs go unnoticed on the 2nd page (like my RMT Broken Prism, hint hint wink wink nudge nudge)! So let's see what we can do.

Looking at your threat list, I can't really see Heatran being #1 threat... Of course, it's a refreshing change from Salamence :) But anyways, if he has HP Grass Gyarados covers and and if it has HP Elec Swampert covers it. It really is very well handled by the rest of the team- Jolteon does a number on it with Thunderbolt. As for the others, fully understandable. For the other three threats, try Scarf Rotom-W in the place of Jolteon- the power will be missed, but he can revenge all of your threats.

That's all I got- very good team.

For starters, thanks for actually rating the team. Secondly, as soon as I'm done writing this, i'll go return the favor.

Thirdly, the team is great after I've scouted the opponent, (thank you swampert) but before then, when Jirachi's Fire Punch hits a Heatran I didn't know was there on a switch...it starts wrecking me. On a completely unrelated note, Weavile's Low Kick might be my single favorite move on the whole team.

I've tried the Rotom...but I always end up missing the insane power on Jolteon's Thinderbolt. I like that five of my pokemon could end of sweeping late game. Using Rotom drops that number to four...and Jolteon has saved my ass too many times.

I like the synergy. Gyara+Jolt has always been a good combo here, while the other Pokemon cover each others' weaknesses. Machamp is a rather big problem for your team (as is Lucario, to be honest). One of the best options you have is to switch to Breloom and set up, then knock off health with Focus Punch. However, if it's RestTalk Machamp, you'll have more problems. The only other option I see here is replacing Iron Head with Zen Headbutt on Jirachi, making for less flinch-haxx but having better type coverage. Either that or replace one of the Punches with Zen Headbutt.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

The seed that started the team, and likely my favorite of the whole thing. It out-speeds damn near everything, and hits like a tank. Trick leads just trade their Scarf for another, often wrecking their lead instead of mine. Amazing type coverage, and since Serene Grace is the best ability in the game, the fact that all four moves have hax potential is great. I love this guy, I really do.
Where is trick in this moveset?
Besides that, I really see that Ice Punch is lass useful than the other 3. So if you really want trick, why not replace Ice Punch for it?

Besides that, I really see that Ice Punch is lass useful than the other 3. So if you really want trick, why not replace Ice Punch for it?
He's saying that other leads that try to Trick a Choice Scarf onto his Jirachi just end up making a pointless trade.

Of course, I don't know many people that would Trick a Scarf on a Jirachi in the first place...

I don't want, or have, Trick. I'm talking about my opponent's trick leads. And Ice Punch is a main early game Dragon Slayer, as it will murder any Salamence, Dragonite, or Flygon idiot enough to stay in.

And Jebus, It's been done, repeatedly. And I lol everytime.

One thing you should note is that a Jolly Jirachi won't OHKO Salamence or Dragonite with Ice Punch.
I usually prefer Stone Edge over Seed Bomb on Breloom because Salamence/Gyarados are common switch-ins due to their typing and Intimidate. You have a Bulky Gyarados here anyway so you won't have too much trouble with ubiquitous bulky Grounds.

Those are just little things I noticed, sorry I can't offer any insight into this team's larger weaknesses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)