RMT - U-turning I-winning

Hi there, i've been playing UU for quite a while now, and looking at the tier as a whole i've decided to mimic one of OU most played styles into UU, volt-turning, and untill now i've been baffled by its progress, so here it is:

UU - U-turning, I-winning

----------[Team]----------

----------[Details]----------

Azelf "The Lead" (M) @ Normal Gem
Levitate
252 Attack / 4 Sp.def / 252 Speed @ Jolly
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Stealth Rocks
- Explosion

This was a lead i saw firstly used by Eternal, a pretty good battler on the PO-community. He used azelf on the OU enviroment as a suicide lead to set up SR, taunt possible leads and U-turn/explode on the next turn. It did wonders in OU, and so why not try it in UU? It works even better as there is a lack of steels and rock types compared to OU, so you can allways explode on P2's/Xatu's and other annoying pokemon, it is a hell of a lead that with u-turn can give my team the much needed momentum.

Golurk "Sub-time" (M) @ Lefties
Iron Fist
196 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Sp.def / 56 Speed @ Adamant
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Focus Punch

First its EV spread, with 252 adamant this kind sir packs a punch aggaisnt anything but a resisted hit. SP/EQ/FP grants a excelent coverage aggaisnt almost anything hitting neutral or SE the majority of the Tier. With 89/80/80 defenses and 196 in HP it can take lots of non-SE moves and set up subs. The 56 EV in speed is to make sure you can out-speed defensive Empoleons and OHKO non 252/252 bold versions with EQ. You can also set a sub on SR and OHKO with EQ.
Golurk is really special to this team as it rellys on momentum. With lots of u-turning/volt switching you want to search for opportunities to send golurk to sub on something. Usually defensive pokes or even Choiced users like Flygon that cant really do much to this set. It is a great switch into Ambipom as it isnt affected by fake-out, and can sub on the obvious u-turn. Just watch out for the random beat-up ambipoms.
Behind a sub this thing is a monster, little to nothing can take a FP on the switch, and survive another one. Just watch out for Possible flying types and have your SP ready, after subbed you will usually take atleast on pokemon with you.

Flygon "Outrageous" (M) @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
252 Attack / 4 Sp.def / 252 Speed @ Jolly
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

The bread and butter of u-turners. Jolly choice scarfed is for other pesky flygons that want to go adamant, and you can out-speed jolly CS darmanitan, while adamant you lose. You can even out-speed SS ludicolo if it is modest!
While only having 299 attack with jolly, this scarfed moskitoe can sure cause some problems, with EQ and Outrage you can force out Chandelures, flygons, darmanitans, mismagius and alot of other mons, but you will prolly end up u-turning anyways. Flygons are usually as good as the user, predictions are necessary, because you dont want to u-turn on a specs chandelure and lose something to a CS overheat. Stone Edge is there for Rottom-h, bug types and Crobat mainly.
Overall Flygon is key for the mommentum it brings, and with good predctions he is a awesome pokemon alltogether.

Lilligant "Resist This" (M) @ Lefties
Own Tempo
252 S.Attack / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Speed @ Timid
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power (Fire)

As with Golurk, lilligant is one of the "ends" of the team. You usally want to u-turn youself untill you get a favorable matchup for lilligant, or when you want to Sleep Powder something. Althou it lacks coverage with Hp fire and PD this pokemon hits like a truck. If you manage to kill the other team Fire and flying pokemon, which isnt hard with SR and u-turn, pretty much nothing can take its Petal Dances and survive. A base 120 move, with a 110 Sp.attack mon and one or two boosts is nearly unstopable. And with Own Tempo you will never confuse yourself ensuring a clean sweep. Lefties are there to ensure some survivability when aggaisnt weather or hazzards.
Lilligant is a pretty solid mon that loves to come in those bulky waters like Milotic/Swamp/Slowbro/Slowking or even ground types like Glygar/Hipo. It is important to note that after a +2 with QD you can outspeed Stoutland and OHKO with PD;

Darmanitan "The Star" (M) @ Choice Scarf
Sheer Force
252 Attack / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Speed @ Jolly
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Super Power

The star of the show. Hihidaruma. O boy this pokemon is a blessing to the UU metagame, it is so powerfull with sheer force Flare Blitz that unless you have a dedicated wall to him it will get a sweep. With choice scarf and a jolly nature your main purpose early game is to u-turn out untill a favorable matchup, tho with its coverage you will find yourself alot in good opportunities.
EQ and Super Power are they mainly as fillers and can be replaced, but are importante for some mons that like to come in. Other Darmanitans, flash fire Chandelure, P2, Snorlax, arcanine are all mons that would take a FB ok(maybe not P2) but would get OHKO or really badly hurt by a superpower/EQ.
Overall Darmanitan is just amazing. Flare Blitz pack such a power, that even not adamant it can 2HKO/OHKO resisted switch ins like Nidoking/Golurk/Nidoqueen/Rottom-heat/Adamant CS flygon. Aside from that it is a great late game sweeper, after faster scarfed users are gone, your jolly hihidaruma can just go to town with Flare Blitz and finish of the wounded SR'ed U-turned opposing team. Jolly helps mostly aggaisnt opposing darmanitans and possible random 89 speed down scarfers.
The only note is the weakness to SR of darmanitan, so if Rocks are on the field make sure to send him in mostly to kill with FB.

Raikou "Rash" (M) @ Life Orb
Pressure
4 HP / 252 Sp.Attack / 252 Speed @ Rash
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Aura Sphere

Now, a volt-turn team wouldnt be complete withought its volt-switcher right? Life Orb base 361 sp.attack sure hurts, and alot of mons feels this. Raikou is there to keep the mommentum aggaisnt thos physical walls/bulky waters that can take u-turns for days. Qwilfish, rhyperior, hitmontop, milotic, Slowbro just to say a few. HP ice and Aura sphere are there for pesky ground types that want to stop your mommentum with volt switch. Flygon gets OHKO by HP, Krookodile gets OHKO by AS, hippopotas is 2hko by HP. The coverage Aura sphere gives you is great on top of Bolt Beam, snorlax's, P2's, dont like that much to take the, but you can allways volt switch on them and send in Golurk or Darmanitan.
Being one of the 2 special attackers this team has raikou is a key element to the team, as if you are left out only with physical attackers you can have lots of trouble with the aftermentioned pokemons.
Another great asset of raikou is its reasonable bulk, it can take 1 outrage of a flygon and OHKO back with HP ice. This is specially usefull if your Flygon loses the speed-tie and gets OHKO by outrage so you can send raikou, tank one and hit and OHKO back.

----------[Resume]----------

My team is one that focus alot on mommentum. It uses alot of fast pokemons with 2 choice scarfers and raikou + azelf as fast u-turners. Its strategy usually focus arround taunting oposing leads, setting up rocks and exploding/u-turning my way to mommentum. Althou kinda bulky overall this team has faced problems aggaisnt Sucks punch users, mainly in the form of Honchcrow, Cacturne and Bisharp. After a Swords dance or Moxie bost almost none of my pokemon can take a +2 Sucker punch, so i need to heavily relly on either Sleep powder and early predictions to avoid setting up. Another annoyance is Crobat that is faster than azelf/Raikou and can cause some problems if not paired up aggaisnt scarf darmanitan.

Excluding the SP users, this team deals really well with balanced, stall and offensive teams. With 2 really fast scarfers you can usually get the edge or at least tie aggaisnt offensive teams, and the volt-turning lets you allways keep the edge aggaisnt less offensive teams.

----------[Final Thoughts]----------

This teams works pretty well in the current metagame as it can deal with most of the current UU tier, notably threats may be reffered to

Strong Sucker punch users

Faster threats like Sand rush Stout, Scarf Zoroark or Crobat since this team lacks walls

And the speed boosters/Unburden users since they can out-speed and decimate the team. Special mention to sharpedo that can hit all the pokemons of this team for SE damage depending on the set, and hitmonlee that can cause quite some hurt too with High Jump Kick, EQ, Sucker Punch, fake out.

Ps1: Sorry for any mistakes im brazilian but i really tried to be as accurate and understandable as possible.
Ps2: The reason for the "4 EV's" to be Sp.def and not HP if for P2's and theirs download boost.

The only thing I see that is wrong is that u r going to have a very tough time with chandelier, for there is no poke that resists ghost.

The chandelure will rip through your golurk with ease with shadow ball, especially if he has a sub up. Your lilligant will get ripped apart into bite size pieces, (AFTER IT SETS UP A SUB AND A FEW CALM MINDS!!!) and I'm not even going to start talking about how bad your azelf will be crippled when chandelure is done with you. If chandelure is set up yet he can easily ko your darmanitan with shadow ball. You need to fix this problem.

If I were you, I would switch lilligant with something that resist fire and ghost. Maybe something like sharpedo.

This would help because chandelure is no longer a threat, as it will be to easy to defeat now.

SUMMARY.
Chandelure is a very common poke in UU. It should really be in a higher tier, because it is a big power house. I have one myself, and it rips through teams. Switch your lilligant with a poke that resists ghost and fire so u no longer have to deal with chandelure. Trust me, this will help a lot

Thanks for the input Ashley11, but i really dont have chandelure problems after all! Azelf has taunt, so if i think it is a sub chandelure i can just taun! So it isnt set up bait. Both darmanitan and Flygon have EQ and are faster than scarf chandelure, so they can both kill them. Golurk usually atracts chandelure, but when they come im usually behind a sub. Sending golurk in a chandy is kinda counter-productive. Besides raikou is faster than sub chand, and can OHKO after rocks with T-bolt!

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey, pretty cool team, it's interesting to see originality ^^ The main problem I see to fix your weaknesses is that you would have to include a bulky and slow pokemon like Rhyperior or Gligar, something I don't see very good for your team... In any case, I think you should replace Raikou with Zapdos, as it allows you to stop threats such as Bisharp, Crobat, Speed Boost Yanmega or Honchkrow, while still being able to Volt Switch.

Zapdos@Leftovers | Pressure
Nature Timid | 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Volt Switch / Roost / Hidden Power Grass / Heat Wave

Good Luck!

Thanks for the input DestinyUnknown! I may actually try that replacement, i just have 3 things that actually hold me back. First one is the weakness to stealth rock, even tho i try to avoid getting them set-up sometimes i cant, and when that happen, withough a spinner getting zapdos in too many times can be a problem while the same dosent aply to raikou.
Second is that zapdos is lackluster in and speed which is quite important to the team.
Third i think its the moveset: Zapdos have 10 Sp.attack when compared to raikou, but the lack of t-bolt and aura sphere kinda hurt it, heat wave isnt that great of a coverage because usually normal type are switch ins, and most people allready expect heat wave on a zapdos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)