ORAS UU roll thafe init g

Lithen to this banger when readin'
Core and Overall Team Goal

Alright srsly though, I really wanted to make a team around Sharpedo and Yanmega, two Pokemon with access to the ever-so desired Speed Boost. Sadly, I hate running HO, so I decided that I would create a bulky offensive team, which exclusively wallbreaks for the Pedophile or the Dragonfly to sweep. The overall goal is that the other 4 mons support Yanmega and Sharpedo, providing the Defog support, and handling the small, yet ever-so present checks to Yanmega and Sharpedo, stopping sweeps.

Teambuilding Process
+

These 2 were, as I said above, a good core at cleaning. At the end of the game, the goal is for one of them to end the game, while the other hopefully made the former Pokemon easier at doing the cleaning. However, SHarpedo and Yanmega don't perfectly complement each other, as there are still some checks that handle both of the mons. Another issue of this team, was of course, Stealth Rocks which take away half of Yanmega's health, crippling it of its limited sweeping potential, and cursing its natural physical bulk, which can usually absorb priority quite easily. Stealth Rock however, makes it a lot easier to revenge Yanmega with the likes of Entei and SD Luke.

In came
. Empoleon is an incredible defogger, being able to naturally sustain itself, and beat the opposing hazards setter, due to it's natural bulk and it's ability to hit very hard, making it less of a sitting duck against rockers such as Mamoswine, Swampert, Rhyperior, Donphan and the Nido's.

I needed a CM Cune check, as from full health, Yanmega didn't suffice for me. I originally had the standard offensive
set, which could handle Feraligatr, Suicune, and Mega Sharpedo very well, which were threatening to my team.

Next, I needed a special attacker and a much needed ground resist. Although Yanmega dodges ground type attacks entirely, it doesn't have the special bulk to live the Nido(s) STAB attacks, nor the general bulk to survive a krook's knock on the switch. Some bad prediction could cost me heavily. To conpensate, I added in a
, which would also deal with grass types which gave me trouble.

Finally, I needed a Stealth Rocker, as Emp was my dedicated defogger, so therefore I decided to use
, as a Volt Switch absorber, and a general wallbreaker.

Later, I changed Croak to a bulky variant to absorb water attacks better.[/hide]

FIRST PRODUCT

Bruce Jenner (Sharpedo)

Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect

- Ice Fang

- Waterfall

- Crunch

Mega Sharpedo is the first Pokemon in my two part core, which serves the purpose of late game cleaning with the help of wallbreakers. Sharpedo is a fantastic Pokemon, being able to outspeed a chunk of the tier after a +1 and Mega Evolution, but also having the power to deal significant damage, and threaten walls. It's got a great combination of STAB attacks, combined with Strong Jaw, to deal incredible damage output. Protect guarantees the speed boost, although be careful, as people can easily set up or go for SR for example, predicting the protect. Ice Fang is boosted by Strong Jaw, to be suprisingly powerful and also hits Pokemon such as Hydreigon and FatMence which are good checks to the set. Crunch, under a mega, is extremely powerful, due to it being STAB and Strong Jaw boosted, causing it to be the premier move of choice when in Mega form. Usually, Crunch is what you use unless something resists it.

With Sharpedo, be positive, that before you mega, you can outspeed their entire team and can't be forced out. If that's the case, go for the mega. Also, be careful with Cobalion's, as they carry Justified and can easily take waterfalls, so just be careful when playing against one.

You Bug Me (Yanmega) @

Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz

- Air Slash

- Protect

- Giga Drain

Yanmega is the second Pokemon in my 2 part Speed Boost core. Yanmega is underrated in terms of it's strength in UU. Yanmega boasts a solid SpA stat, which coupled with Speed Boost, makes him one fast mother fucker. Yanmega has a movepool which can hit a majority of the tier, but also hit none of the tier, which is where Sharpedo comes in, for Doublade, Blissey, Florges, etc. Although Sharpedo doesn't hard counter them, with prior damage from Yanmega, Sharpedo can pull off the desired sweep. (or vice versa). Bug Buzz is one of the 2 STAB's Yanmega has access to. I usually don't use this as often, as mons like cobalion can come in on this a lot more easily than they can to air slash, however, the extra power and perfect accuracy in Bug Buzz makes it more worthwile at times. Giga Drain hits Suicune and Mega Blastoise. (Milotic is complete shit). However, I always see myself wanting to run HP Ground for Doublade, or even AncientPower for Zapdos, but I can never make my mind up. Life Orb is essentially for a Yanmega sweep. I could easily run specs, and get the extra power, but it's not justifiable, considering how Yanmega's STAB's are so easily checked.

upload_2015-12-29_0-4-1.jpeg

(Henry)
Toxi
croak @

Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 16 Spe

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance

- Drain Punch

- Gunk Shot

- Sucker Punch

When I first chose Toxicroak, I first used the standard offensive set, which although it was effective, I decided to change it out for the defensive set, so I could have more of a backbone against non-drillrun beedrill's, Sharpedo's, Gatr's and Suicune. Right now, I don't know whether I want Knock Off for Doublade switchins, or Sucker Punch, to hit faster threats and outspeed most of the meta offensively. Toxicroak also takes the role as a soft fighting check, although Nidoqueen fulfills this role a lot more. The main role of Toxicroak is to make sure Suicune is gone so Mega Sharpedo may sweep, but also to break holes in the team for my 2 speed boosters in general. Swords Dance grants me immediate offensive power, doing immense damage to any offensive threat. Drain Punch along with Black Sludge makes sure that I stay healthy. Finally, Gunk Shot is an extremely powerful STAB that I can always rely on for chunking walls or offensive threats, as my go-to attack.

(Dian't you see?) Diancie @

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind

- Moonblast

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

Diancie is my replacement to Rotom-H to handle fire types and fighting types a lot more easily. While Nidoqueen was decent at the job, it still died to Pokemon such as Nasty Plot Infernape which made my team a joke. Rotom-H was also extremely shaky, due to the fact that Entei's Sacred Fire still did a ton to it, and Arcanine has reliable coverage to take down Rotom-C on the switch. Diancie on the other hand, has great bulk and can pressure special attackers. Crocie is extremely strong, because it can capitalise the monstrous defenses, although it does have garbage HP. It's also useful due to it's good 100 Base SpA, and the resistences it has. RestTalk is obvious, as Diancie has no other recovery which is reliable, and Calm Mind boosts it's uninvested special sides. Finally, Moonblast is a strong STAB which does well against most matchups, with a neat secondary effect to help set up against special attackers who can 3HKO Diancie, such as Specs Moltres with Fire Blast.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard

- Knock Off

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

Mamoswine was my replacement to Nidoqueen as my stealth rocker, as it deals with Porygon2 and Blissey really easily, 2 mons who can cause trouble to this team. Mamoswine also deals with Salamence, and Haxorus more easily, but also deals with Zapdos really well, doing heavy damage with Ice Shard. Mamoswine also provides priority so it set-up sweepers don't do as much damage to the team. It also does well providing rocks due to forcing switches. Knock Off deals with Porygon-2, removing the eviolite for easier Sharpedo sweeps, EQ is n extremely strong STAB that hits a lot of the tier extremely hard, rocks are essential. Finally, Ice Shard provides needed ice coverage and priority to deal with threats.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Defog

- Roost

Zapdos is another soft fighting check, which is useful for making sure none can defeat me once my diancie is gone. Zapdos is also another ground check, as Yanmega isn't bulky enough to be considered as one. Zapdos also replaces Empeleon for a number of reasons: Zapdos has access to reliable to recovery. 2) Zapdos is faster, allowing it to outspeed a number of rockers, and be a lot more of an offensive presence, 3) Zapdos has access to leftovers, as it doesn't need to rely on the Shuca Berry to deal with other Stealth Rockers. All of these make Zapdos a great choice as my defogger. It also handles Crobat really well, something that can really threaten my team. Discharge is used over Thunderbolt due to the paralysis chance, which is really key in limiting both an offensive mons chance to sweep, and a defensive mons chances of setting hazards, which is ultimately, what Zapdos' goal is. Defog is to clear hazards for Yanmega. Roost is used to keep Zapdos healthy, and make it function as a defogger all throughout the match. Finally, HP Grass is used over Heat Wave, Air Cutter, and Volt Switch so that I can hit Krookodile and Swampert, 2 Stealth Rockers who, without HP Grass, Zapdos has a lot of trouble harming.

Thank you for reading my RMT. I am really strictly looking for rates, as I would like to continue using this team, but it has some glaring weaknesses. Some I can put my finger on, some I can't.

Threats

Heliolisk - LO is very hard to stop.

All Dragons - Have a hard time taking the hits. Ice Shard OHKO's every single one.

Shoutouts: Horsehead-3 / horsehead3 whichever one u r
Cancer On FLEEK nice guy etc

LittleRunnerXC ur a g

Rattled Snakes ur a don

Whole UnderUsed room as a whole is a gr8 help and is a lovely community. Thanks.

This team has won around 5 tours in the UU room. Yes that isn't an achievement, but it's a general statement that the team is good but needs improvement. Laddering was done to moderate success.

I didnt steal this from bug n shark. I found out about him after I made this team, when some users pointed it out.

IMPORT:

http://pastebin.com/SypXUP1B

Attachments

Last edited:

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Hey lucqq, I love the team since it features one of my favorite mons in Yanmega. Overall your team is looks well-built with each mon running a specific role rather than falling into the trap of "I need a check to X type so I will use Y." That being said, I do have some changes that I'd like to suggest:

You mentioned considering Ancientpower on Yanmega for Zapdos, and I think that is the superior coverage option based on this team composition. You both get to hit Zapdos and M-Aero, which appears to be a threat to the team with Earthquake. Shuca Emp is an ok check but you will find that it is worn down trying to Defog for Yanmega, and once it is revealed it doesn't have Lefties, the Shuca will be obvious and anyone good won't stay in. You also get a nice added benefit of hitting Fire types a bit harder. Hitting Fire types is crucial since your only Fire resist is Rotom-H, which has mediocre bulk and is weak to rocks. Most notably, after rocks, you have a 37.5% more chance to OHKO Chandelure, which is nice since all variants of it are scary for your team.

I also dislike Nidoqueen as a rocker for this team. I get you don't want a fully HO team, but Nido is just too slow for a team of this nature and invites too many wallbreakers to revenge kill it for my liking. You don't have a defensive backbone to fall back on one these wallbreakers come in, like Hydreigon, Mamoswine, Krookodile, Gatr, Chandelure, and so on. Try running LO Jolly Rocks Mamoswine > Nidoqueen. Mamoswine still messes up most Zapdos since most of then do not run HP Grass, and you get a powerful Ice priority to check those Dragons that give you trouble + M-Aero + faster Grounds that bother you (looking at you Nidos and Krook). You mentioned P2 being a pest as well, and Mamo provides Knock Off support to cripple it so you don't only have to rely on Toxicroak or the unreliable Trick to take it down. Here is the set:

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

This last change is up to you, but your Rotom-H set is total M-Swampert bait. If you don't double out when Swampert switches in, it gets an easy RD up and will proceed to net some KOs unless Emp is healthy. You could try HP Grass > Thunderbolt or even Trick, but if you feel like the utility of Trick or the power of T-Bolt is more important than you should keep the moveset as is. Just be very careful when playing against a RD Pert.

Lastly, you should definitely keep Sucker Punch on Toxicroak. Being able to avoid the revenge kill from things like Beedrill, non-Sub Chandelure, Azelf etc is invaluable, and you also can get chip damage on Aero/Bat to put them in range for an Ice Shard or Ancientpower KO.

Your team is solid, and I had a hard time thinking of any changes to make. I hope I helped!

Hey dude, interesting team you have here. I have do not have much time to write this post, but I will try my best anyway as I think these changes will help your team.

I notice you have no Fire resist(Rotom H and sharpedo do not count) as well as shaky Fighting resists. An Entei or Infernape(Just to name 2) would completely demolish your team, making it pretty much unwinnable for you.To remedy this, I suggest you go CM + Rest Talk Diancie > Empoleon and Defog Zapdos > Rotom H. This combination I find will be better as it fixes many of the team's flaws, while at the same time not opening up other weaknesses(Other than Aerodactyl, that will be a threat). Here are the sets:

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

Other than that, you will need 16 Speed EVs on Toxicroak to outspeed Adamant Crawduant.

Hope these changes helped, good luck with the team.

Edit: I agree with The change to Mamoswine > Nidoqueen by Do a Biberal. This will help with the Aerodactyl weakness(I would personally run Adamant > Jolly, though).

Thanks for the rates Christo The Gr8 and Do A Bibarel . It's extremely appreciated. I'm definately going to test Mamoswine now, and after I'll test with CM Diancie and Zapdos. Thanks alot.

Also put 16 Speed EV's over HP on Croak. Didn't know about that, thx again :]

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, lucqq! Cool team you've got going here hehe. I've got a minor suggestion for you here that wouldn't hurt you to try and might actually be able to help a lot.

• I was thinking that since you're already running Bulky Croak, it might interest you to try running Bulk Up over Swords Dance. The thought came to me after seeing how much you could struggle against some physical threats. After you make some of the above changes (don't get me wrong, I agree with them), you become extremely weak to SD+Stone Edge Cobalion, which is beginning to become more common and is something I have used myself on a couple of teams as well. DD Salamence can also be a really tricky threat to your team. Now, Bulk Up is a pretty uncommon set on Croak but isn't as much of a hassle to use when you decide to run bulky variants. You already are a check to waters and beat Cune regardless. Sure, you might be slower in stacking up some power, but you also don't get revenge killed and beaten as easily. You'll be less vulnerable to many physical attackers that could threaten your team, as long as you can get up a Bulk Up before they come in. In Cobalion's case, you could actually set up along side it and still win. Here are a few examples of mons you could avoid being revenged by after a Bulk Up instead of an SD:

252 Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Toxicroak: 214-252 (57.8 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Toxicroak: 265-312 (71.6 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Toxicroak: 288-342 (77.8 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Flare Blitz vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Dry Skin Toxicroak: 259-305 (70 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
248+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Toxicroak: 272-324 (73.5 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

I hope you consider trying it out. If you do, let me know how it works out for you! Good luck with the team :).

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)